PF Buffy hair fix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAhobbit said:
Wait, it wasn't Chris's fault this time?

*wink*

Well, normally I wouldn't hesitate to blame Chris, but there's really no way he could be at fault since he's separated by a whole continent from the production sample... UNLESS he fell in love with it when he was visiting last month and snuck it back with him in his suitcase!! :lol (but he didn't :p)

SideshowDusty said:
Well, normally I wouldn't hesitate to blame Chris, but there's really no way he could be at fault since he's separated by a whole continent from the production sample... UNLESS he fell in love with it when he was visiting last month and snuck it back with him in his suitcase!! :lol (but he didn't :p)

I think that story sounds better. :winkpumpk

Once, when I was in Elementary School, my dog ate my homework.

dpb.jpg

Since we aren't going to get any pics, can you just tell us whether any changes were made to the second prototype (SDCC prototype)? Thanks.

SideshowDusty said:
Now, it just so happens that our production manager, Scott Klauder, has little bit of a history of being clumsy (shhh, don't tell anyone!), and guess what, the only other sample we had on hand (which wasn't even the final, final... it was the one that we showed at Con) got broken quite a while ago! (seriously, this is not just a lame excuse)... direct from Scott Klauder: "Tell them I have failed them, and I'm sorry." :monkey2

Come on Dusty, we can read between the lines. Klauder was really filming a new episode of Hunting for Bounty and used the other sample as a clay pigeon didn't he?? :rotfl

SideshowDusty said:
Now, it just so happens that our production manager, Scott Klauder, has little bit of a history of being clumsy (shhh, don't tell anyone!), and guess what, the only other sample we had on hand (which wasn't even the final, final... it was the one that we showed at Con) got broken quite a while ago! (seriously, this is not just a lame excuse)... direct from Scott Klauder: "Tell them I have failed them, and I'm sorry." :monkey2

Soooooo, long story short, no production samples have been in the building for a long time - only the protoype, which you've already seen! But I PROMISE that I tried my hardest to to update pics before the shipment, just sometimes the world works against me - AND please remember that you can ALWAYS return your item for a full refund within 30 days after it's delivered if you don't like it :duff

Thanks Andy for filling us in on why the pictures never happened! Poor Scott, he must have felt so bad for dropping Buffy!!

SideshowDusty said:
Okay, you guys, I'm gonna tell you a little story about the Buffy PF production sample, and you can choose to believe it or not - but I SWEAR it's true, and we didn't forget about the Buffy fans!!

So, back 3 or 4 weeks ago when we found out exactly when the Buffy would be coming in, I went in search of the final, final production sample to schedule it in the queu for photography. I found out it had been sent back overseas to the production facility with one minor fix to perfect it for the production run. They said that it would be back 'soon' - so I held out hope that we would still be able to get pics in time... but I just found out (literally... JUST found out today) that the sample is being shipping back the main shipment of figures to our warehouse.

Not a problem, I thought... there's usually a backup....

Soooooo, long story short, no production samples have been in the building for a long time - only the protoype, which you've already seen! But I PROMISE that I tried my hardest to to update pics before the shipment, just sometimes the world works against me - AND please remember that you can ALWAYS return your item for a full refund within 30 days after it's delivered if you don't like it :duff

I suppose it was out of the question to get someone to take a photo of one these in say, China, BEFORE they were shipped, e-mail that picture to you guys...and hey presto!...We have us some updated pictures, of an actual PF Buffy..:eek: . Just a thought....

Order is cancelled from SS. I just want some pics!:monkey2 Thanks for getting some info to us Dusty, but could we please at least get word of mouth info on what it should look like? pleeeeeeez!

Last edited:
I have faith, and SS has never let me down before, I'm sticking with this. For you guys that are having doubts, Dusty said if you aren't satisfied you have 30 days for refund. Why cancel :confused:

I cancelled, too. I don't want to lose anywhere from $20 to $40 on shipping. I'll wait for pics of the final product to be posted before deciding whether I want this statue in my collection. I will probably end up buying the statue, but I can wait for pics.

We will pay the return shipping cost if the return / exchange is a result of our error such as a defect / damage or an error in filling your order. If the purchase is being returned for any other reason than those previously stated, the buyer will be responsible for the shipping charges to return the item(s) to us.

I see! Wow, it seems like alot of cancellations over this. Hopefully SS will not make the same mistake twice for future releases.

It seems that they really did blow it so close to shipping. It's just those pics we need. Im even considering not ordering it elsewhere yet so I can be sure. I should be able to find somewhere that has it on order at a later date. Maybe PF Lurtz is calling my name:monkey3

BillyBudd said:
I cancelled, too. I don't want to lose anywhere from $20 to $40 on shipping. I'll wait for pics of the final product to be posted before deciding whether I want this statue in my collection. I will probably end up buying the statue, but I can wait for pics.
I obviously can't speak for Sideshow, but I would consider the lack of production sample pics prior to shipment to be "their error," so I would expect them to be reasonable in dealing with anyone who finds the final product unsatisfactory.

Still, I can't imagine finding this piece unsatisfactory, so I don't anticipate needing to return mine. :D

BDboystoys said:
It seems that they really did blow it so close to shipping. It's just those pics we need. Im even considering not ordering it elsewhere yet so I can be sure. I should be able to find somewhere that has it on order at a later date. Maybe PF Lurtz is calling my name:monkey3

Trust me BD...PF Lurtz is WELL worth the money..

.necromancer. said:
we spend a lot of money on these things and it's only fair we get to see what we are getting! :monkey1

I couldn't agree more.....even more so when you are on the other side of the planet like me...sending something you are not happy with back, becomes a little bit expensive..You need to be SURE of what you are getting..

Surely, somehow, somewhere, somebody could have taken photos of this in production??...Why can't they arrange "photo shoots" in China before these get on boats?

It's one thing to trust SS that they will deliver a great piece..but, sometimes it would be nice/professional of them to make sure that it's not left up to trust...:eek: :eek:

darth dyp**** said:
Trust me BD...PF Lurtz is WELL worth the money..
:D Oh boy, how I know that by now...do we have a drool smiley?:lol

Anyone got any shipping notice yet? Cant wait to see pictures of any kind!

Back