PF Buffy hair fix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine:

buffy1.jpg

And here are a few different angles of her... well... umm... bust. I don't think mine has much of the lazy eye problem, but I'll let other judge.

I don't know... now that I've seen more of your pictures, I have mixed feelings about her. I love the sculpt, the sadness of her expression... but I am definitely afraid to be getting one lazy eyed Buffy. Don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight :confused:

olvidadero said:
I don't know... now that I've seen more of your pictures, I have mixed feelings about her. I love the sculpt, the sadness of her expression... but I am definitely afraid to be getting one lazy eyed Buffy. Don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight :confused:

If you did get one with a lazy eye, Im sure you could get a replacement.
Robodad, those are the best pics yet of Buffy. Love em, makes me want it more!

buffy-collector said:
Ye shes amazing but I dont want a lazy eyed buffy I want a perfect one:eek:

As you should! If you get one that isnt up to standards then replace it, no use having a PF Buffy your allows going to be unhappy with.
Geez I love Robodad's pics!

As she does look so sad, now Sideshow (especially seeing as she sold out) more than ever, needs to follow up this PF with a more bad-ass gonna kick your vampire butt PF in the next year or two. Give her a ready to kick some butt stance clutching the Slayer's scythe and the outfit from the series finale and I think you'd have a winner. That, or a functioning 1/1 scale Buffybot! :D

Mookeylama said:
they REALLY shoulda used synthetic hair on this PF. if i got it, i'd pry her hair off and scalp some doll head lol.

I don't know, don't you remember the 12" Prophecy Girl catastrophe

Don't get me wrong I liked the figure, but the hair was a crap shoot. You might get one that looked decent then you might end up with one that needed a lot of TLC. Lesson being, "real" hair is not necessarily always better.

Some of the newer pics make the figure look pretty darn good, but the hair is definitely the weak spot. Look at the picture the sculpt is based on. The hair on the figure should have been much fuller. Also, the hairline should have been narrower (especially on the figure's right side). SMG's forehead is not that wide.

Some people may think I am nit-picking, but who honestly thinks that PF Buffy is up to the same standard as PF Spike? I guess you can't hit them all out of the park...

the prototype (and SMG) did NOT have this lazy eye thing. Looks ok on some but others looks like Grace Jones, Annie Lennox...

BDboystoys said:
If you did get one with a lazy eye, Im sure you could get a replacement.

Well I have it on pre-order with Red Planet Toys. I will ask them if a replacement could be possible for this reason. I'm afraid they wouldn't have enough supplies for a relacement of this nature... But I'll investigate.

For those who are concerned about the lazy eye problem, I thought I'd post a couple more pictures of my statue. It seems that the angle and lighting of the piece go a long way to emphasizing (or de-emphasizing) the problem. ANd also, it is important to remember that many of the pics we've seen are extreme enlargements of what is really a fairly small area. That doesn't mean that some people don't have a real problem with theirs, but only that I don't think it is as bad as some are making it out to be.

buffy6.jpg

buffy7.jpg

Yours is great!It looks 100%perfect if mines like yours.Some people are never happy though:rolleyes: lol.

I think shes a lot better than the spike pf by the way.

I should know more about mine later today, just heard the doorbell and that should be her waiting on the porch :lol

Here are some more pics at different angles, judge for yourself - she really does have a problem and I will be sending her back. It is a fairly small area, but when looking directly at her - completely noticeable.

eye1.jpg

eye2.jpg

eye3.jpg

Back