PETITION FOR FRODO RESCULPT!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
Are the only changes in that comparison color adjustments? Because it looks more like EW to me. Interesting if it's all a matter of paint.

All he changed was the color, and added some more hair.

I think the head sculpt looks great. It could be just a little wider, have a stronger jaw line and more hair to be perfection. But as it is, it looks very acceptable. I do think the paint is a little off, that should be an easy fix before production.

tomandshell said:
Are the only changes in that comparison color adjustments? Because it looks more like EW to me. Interesting if it's all a matter of paint.

Exactly! What I found most interesting is that initially I thought the eye color was WAY off, but all I did was brighten the whites of his eyes, and suddenly they looked almost spot on!

The SS picture looks like Frodo is holding his breath. His face is too red and his eyes look blood shot. SS needs to get a new painter. The sculptor gets all the blame. If I was a SS scupltor I would be pissed. The same thing happened to Han. SS needs to address this problem ASAP. Alot of people are passing on this and it may be because of the paint apps. How about a Petition for a new painter, or whoevers in charge of the paint.

The paint for Han was great on the production pics. It's only after they got to China did the paint job get really screwed up. That's when Sideshow replaced the production pics with the more accurate pics of Han that are now on their website. Not sure if I would fault the painter when it comes to production pieces. If you're not happy with the paint job now, wait until you get the actual pieces...they're almost NEVER as good as the production pics, which goes back to what Robodad had mentioned, that Sideshow doesn't have the capability to maintain that level of paint quality over thousands of pieces. Hence you also see a variation in the level of paint quality as well, ie. you could get something nice while your buddy gets a crap job.

Morris Fletcher said:
I think the face sculpt is fine.

Check it out with a new "paint job" and more hair:

frodos0fd.jpg

that looks much much better. It was paint job after all...:duh

The TF pic still looks off. I agree that the head should have more hair, and that the eyebrows be lighter, and the skin paler. What a little paint can't fix!

gdb said:
Code:
Check out the new lighting and photography...

The pics from TF look great. I really think this one is equally as outstanding as Lurtz. I'm sorry for all that those that will miss out cause they don't like it but I'm happy with it and getting it. :D

RoboDad said:
Did you order yours from the Godfather?

Actually I have my order right now with SS. Just been a little lazy to switch it over as of right now. LOL

I have to confess I have refrained from joining this thread because I hate to be critical of an artists hard work. Yet I must admit, I was really looking forward to buying this figure, but found it disappointing and decided to stick with the 12" line. The adjusted photos, however, make all the difference and I would definitely buy it with the "more hair" sculpt.

jlcmsu said:
That's how I feel. Sorry you and others don't agree.:D

No need to be sorry.:D It just seems from all the posts I've read on several different forums that the overall feeling on this release is one of disappointment. I've seen waaaaay more negative comments about this piece then positive. To each his own!

Back