Petition for 1/6 Uncharted Nathan Drake by Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd probably buy him... but yeah, I'd like them to tackle some more complicated character designs.

But these petitions are everywhere aren't they? Maybe I should make a Ryu Hayabusa petition... I'd imagine he'd be pretty difficult to make.

Way to judge a book by it's cover.
Problem is, a toy is not a book. A book has a story between its covers. Thus, it has the positive attributes of having a potentially nice cover and/or having a nice story. A toy has clothes, a plastic body, and accessories. It doesn't get up and do a dance or cure cancer anything.

A more appropriate analogy would be judging a book cover by its reference to a great video game vs. judging it based on its intrinsic coolness as a book cover independent of anything else.

I'd like to think that a Nathan Drake figure would sell better than HT's Spirit & Watchmen lines, as well as their Asian film lines too, among others.

Could even sell better then Clash of Titans or Prince of Persia. C'mon Hot Toys! :rock

Winter Drake is probally the best version to go with since it looks the most interesting plus you already have the 2 regular costumes underneath so it would be good value. All the outfits are long sleaved too so he has to have jointed arms not the rubber ones. For accessories he should come with:

- 9mm handgun
- AK-47
- SAS-12 shotgun
- Grenade
- Shoulder holsters for regular costume
- Phurba dagger
- Oil lantern from museum
- Some of the unlockable treasures hidden throughout the game
- Blue flamed torch
- The map of the island from the 1st game
- Diary
- Ring necklace
- Stand with logo and name plate

Thats roughly the amount of items the RE5 figures come with. I think a Drake figure would benefit a lot more with adventurish items than mostly all weapons.

The_resin_on_a_torch.jpg

Phurba.jpg

wgolqt.jpg

955125_20091005_screen035.jpg

hvdvea.jpg

932984_20070918_screen008.jpg

800px-201_1655.jpg

Considering the popularity of this game and how relatively easy it would be to pull it off, it's a no-brainer for their "video-game" aka RE line. :slap

If HT did it the journal would be a MUST, theres no reson they couldn't include all pages either.. I understand Sideshow making Henry's grail diary in a fixed position (it was meant to be nearly 300 pages long in the film) but Drake's is only 56 (28 if you count two pages facing each other as one :p)

I really really doubt it'll happen, guys...For a multitude of reasons.

But live the dream!! You can probably kitbash your very own Nathan Drake.

Uncharted lacks the pedigree of the resident evil series.

Its a new series and its very unlikely that it'll get picked up by hot toys.

Uncharted lacks the pedigree of the resident evil series.

Its a new series and its very unlikely that it'll get picked up by hot toys.
But its not like Uncharted needs a whole line dedicated to it like Resident Evil does. I think the game and character of Drake are popular enough to warrent one figure.

But its not like Uncharted needs a whole line dedicated to it like Resident Evil does. I think the game and character of Drake are popular enough to warrent one figure.

I doubt its popular enough.

Uncharted has done very well because of the fantastic gameplay but that's it. It hasn't had time to build up a strong fanbase.

Resident Evil on the other hand has movies, story books, etc. The fanbase is huge... big enough for movie studios to greenlight movies.

Maybe in a few years, the following might be there... but at the moment its just a small group who like the games enough to want to buy 1/6 figures. The rest are just waiting for UC3.

But fortunately, Nathan Drakes has the kind of look that is quite easy to capture via face sculpt... even a mediocre unlicensed one would look very good. And besides, computer characters are often easier to replicate.

So it might be easy to do a kitbash...

I've always wanted to kitbash a set of smallville season 1 characters, but never got around to doing it because its harder to replicate real life actor's faces & all the unofficial headsculpts i've seen haven't looked satisfactory.

Back