PDX's Theater Room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm contemplating getting a feature wall of your room colour. I think it would look pretty dang cool.:cool:

Re: FINALLY new Theater pix

sideshowpdx said:
Updated Star Wars... Bu-Bye MR Sabers,,,, hello Signature AT-AT...

BEFORE:
interior0026-vi.jpg

AFTER:
StarWarsMD_026-vi.jpg

Gorgeous setup pdx! However I actually like the cleaner ANH setup in the first pic unbroken by the AT-AT in the middle a little better than the new display. Fantastic AT-AT, I'd just separate it somewhat from the Vader and Kenobi if possible. Its still one of the best theater rooms I've ever seen.

Thanks again for all the compliments guys... It's fun sharing this stuff.
I have had a lot of people say how they liked my prior Obi vs. Vader setup better... Just wish I had more space to dedicate a single area to the AT-AT because I loved that setup with the MR Sabers too. Oh well, next house will have a 1000 square foot theater. :) Then I can justify getting the 1:1 Terminator. That's really the only piece I'm lusting after right now. I've been so close to ordering it and putting him behind the bar but then the bar would cover up that beautiful skull base,, so I just will have to hold off.
Here are a few more random Pred Maquette pix that we took that weren't listed on this thread. One of these days,, we're going to rent a fog machine and bring in a bunch of different colored light bulbs to really trick these pix out. Can't wait to do some really neat lighting and effects with the Alien stuff either.

PredatorStatueMD_024-vi.jpg

PredatorStatueMD_027-vi.jpg

PredatorStatueMD_028-vi.jpg

PredatorStatueMD_029-vi.jpg

I just received 1 of my 2 new Pedastals from:
https://store.casesforcollectibles.com/index.html
This is a very high black gloss seamless pedastal. Beautiful work...
Again, I can't get the lighting at all in my theater room, so this is taken with my Nikon digicam. The room is super dark and even with the lighting all the way up, the dark walls just make everything look like crap.
The second pedastal should arrive today or tomorrow via UPS. It will be 12" lower than the one with the Predator bust. Cleans up that area nicely.
BEFORE:
PredatorStatueMD_025-vi.jpg

AFTER:
pred-vi.jpg

That looks great, PDX! That pedestal looks very nice. Very classy. Is it actually transparent? Or is it just me? Is it a reflection I am seeing or what?

Thanks!

;)

twistedfreak said:
That looks great, PDX! That pedestal looks very nice. Very classy. Is it actually transparent? Or is it just me? Is it a reflection I am seeing or what?

Thanks!

;)

Nope, that's just the reflection. It's VERY black and glossy. They really did a beautiful job with these. It's seamless, just like their acrilic clear cases/covers that Gruson uses. Pretty heavy duty too.. I would be comfortable putting a 50 pound statue on it.

Looks good copycat!

:)

j/k

Love it and glad it worked out for you. Good to hear they can support a lot of weight too.

Curious, what are they made of?

Gruson said:
Looks good copycat!

:)

j/k

QUOTE]
Yeah, Yeah.... ;)

Gruson said:
Love it and glad it worked out for you. Good to hear they can support a lot of weight too.

Curious, what are they made of?
Good Question. It's some type of plastic/resin/acrylic material. For all I know, they might use the same molds as your clear display cases, just with a different type of material? I'll call them tomorrow to find out.
They sure packaged them well. I've got a 32-gallon garbage bag full of packaging material and peanuts left over after taking out the one pedastal. They also wrapped them in a ton of plastic wrap.

The ill Jedi said:
Beautiful...

What section of the site are these under?

They are custom made... Not on the site anywhere. Contact Bob Brickner at
513-856-9475. He's the one that made them. Paid $203 for the tall one and $180 for the shorter one. Shipping was around $150...

OK, the second one just showed up. I'm really embarrased to even post this horrible picture. They look great in person.

DSCN0307-vi.jpg

carbo-fation said:
Congrats PDX!! Both pedestals look awesome!:rock Are you going to get the cases as well?

Thanks man... No cases for me. It's one of those things where none of my other collectables have cases (other than my Signature AT-AT and Sauron Finger), so it's more to just be consistant with the rest of my stuff... Also, dust really isn't an issue as the doors to my theater are shut 99% of the time.

Very nice.

You don't need the acrylic cases. They take up a lot more space.

Oh now that looks much better with both pedestals, PDX. And I have to ask, what are the dimensions of the pedestal for your Pred Maquette? That looks like it would be a good size of one for mine in my little room.

Thanks!

twistedfreak said:
Oh now that looks much better with both pedestals, PDX. And I have to ask, what are the dimensions of the pedestal for your Pred Maquette? That looks like it would be a good size of one for mine in my little room.

Thanks!

26"x18"x18"

Looks fantastic. Vast improvement man!
Could I ask who or how you had them made? I want to get a couple for a few PF's like yours and Grusons, but Im not sure what to ask for.

BDboystoys said:
Looks fantastic. Vast improvement man!
Could I ask who or how you had them made? I want to get a couple for a few PF's like yours and Grusons, but Im not sure what to ask for.

These were custom made for me at:
Contact Bob Brickner at 513-856-9475. Be sure to be specific that you're wanting pedestals made (in a high gloss black finish) and give them your exact dimensions. They can make them in any size for you. They're pretty expensive though. I know if you put a "wanted" ad on your local Craigslist,,, you could probably find a woodworker that would put a black high gloss laminate on MDF for you for a lot cheaper. That's what Gruson does and they look great.
If I was doing more than two of these,, I would definately go the Craigslist route. But I am incredibly satisfied with the quality of these pedastals.

sideshowpdx said:
These were custom made for me at:
Contact Bob Brickner at 513-856-9475. Be sure to be specific that you're wanting pedestals made (in a high gloss black finish) and give them your exact dimensions. They can make them in any size for you. They're pretty expensive though. I know if you put a "wanted" ad on your local Craigslist,,, you could probably find a woodworker that would put a black high gloss laminate on MDF for you for a lot cheaper. That's what Gruson does and they look great.
If I was doing more than two of these,, I would definately go the Craigslist route. But I am incredibly satisfied with the quality of these pedastals.

Cheers!
Thanks alot man, I'll see if I can get it done locally first.:D WOuld definately be the ideal route. Since I live in Australia, shipping would be enormous from CFC.

Back