PDX's Theater Room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Icemizer said:
Does the closet section have some type of ventilation? It will get quite hot in there if you close a door and heat is very bad for those nice components.

As far as a suggestion for a door I would go with some type of smoked or frosted glass and a back lit silloute(know I didnt spell that right) on it of some movie related subject.

A very nice room indeed!!!!

There is no wall seperating the two sections of closet. The middle section is wide open, so if I sheetrocked in the right side, there would still be plenty of airflow to the left of the components. To make them look seperate (for now) I painted the right side walls (where the components are) black.
I also have a component sized "ZFan" which sits on top of my receiver. My receiver barely ever gets warm.
A smoked glass front would look sweet. I would still need to have some type of a rack system built so the components could be lifted up a few feet (centered) and it would look good. Thanks for your input.

danfaz said:
I think the new Alien 1:1 bust would look great in your room, too! :D

Already on order... I couldn't pass up that bust. It's going to be incredible and with only 400 made, it will be a good investment. I have NO idea where I'm going to put it when it gets here,,, but we'll see. Things are going to get pretty crowded on that little glass table with my 1:1 Alien Head, 1:1 Alien Warrior Bust, CM Alien and SS Alien Queen. :)

AZN_Collector said:
And maybe that CM Indy and Sparrow? Forget about that Aragorn...Unless they change the head

Sparrow is amazing, but with the limited amount of space that I have,,, I have to limit my collectables to my top 6-7 favorite film trilogys of all time.
Indy makes my top 7 list so I would LOVE to add him. It will be at least a year before anyone actually gets one so I have some time to plan for that. I might replace my LOTR area with my Sauron Helm with Indy.
I can forsee that I will be ordering some new stands in the near future (like Gruson's) to make for some more space without making things look cluttered. I really want to keep the look of my room as clean as possible.

Last edited:
FlyAndFight said:
What an amazing setup! The Dream Room it is...

Thanks,,, these pix are about 2 weeks old by now and the room has quite a few additions already. I got some new King Kong 17x11 prints to go beside my Rex bust,,, a Master Replicas Signature AT-AT (now Vader and Obi sit on each side of the AT-AT and the MR Sabers have been shelved) along with a 1:1 MR Predator Spear that now is mounted above my 14x11 Predator lobby cards. I just need to bug my photographer buddy again and take some updated pictures. I'm waiting to bug him until my CM Alien arrives... That bad boy is going to kick ass. It's been a BIG collectables month for me.

AZN_Collector said:
Please excuse my language...But you are one rich and lucky bastard...I LOVE YOU!

Pardon me while I blow my nose in a $100 bill.... ;) Nah,, I'm by no means rich. But I have been blessed by being in the right place at the right time in a few business deals. A bit of hard work has helped me out too... Life's good. I just wish some of you freaks lived near me so we could all hang out and enjoy this stuff together. My wife digs the pinball machine,,, but couldn't care less about my collectables.. :)

Room looks amazing. I'm just getting started on my Home theater and I hope mine turns out as nice as yours. I'm kind on local to you across the river in Vancouver, where did you pic up all of your equipment and theater seats? I need to find some new speakers for a decent price.

RICH BOY!

:)

j/k

Love the pics. I cannot wait to see the CM Alien displayed.

You HAVE to get Indy.

Like you, I try to keep my museum (which has been updated a lot since the last pics) with pieces from movies that I REALLY love.

As much as I love the CM Jack, I really doubt I will get it. It looks GREAT but Pirates is not one of my favorites....

I forgot to post some pictures of my home office.... Here ya go.
The other side of the wall is full of framed 1-Sheet's and other collectables.

interior40-vi.jpg

Not only do you have an awesome HT and great collectibles, but from your office I see you're a drummer too. Nice to see a fellow drummer on the boards!

galactiboy said:
Not only do you have an awesome HT and great collectibles, but from your office I see you're a drummer too. Nice to see a fellow drummer on the boards!

Yep,,, I'm a drummer. I hardly play any more though... You wouldn't believe all the crap I got from all my buddies when the "40 Year Old Virgin" came out last year.... Not only did he have a bunch of Sideshow Collectables but the same drumset too... :)

These pix are already pretty outdated... I have since:

1) Added the MR 1:1 Predator Spear to my Pred area. Placed above my 2 framed lobby cards.
2) Added "2" framed 14x11 Kong lobby cards on each side of my Rex bust
3) Added the MR Signature AT-AT along with a new framed AT-AT lobby card above it. Vader and Obi are on each side of the AT-AT facing outward.
The MR Sabers got moved to my office.
4) Added the CM Alien to my Alien area. Sold my Sideshow 1:1 Alien head.

As of right now,,, I can honestly say the room feels "complete". I'll get some new pix to you guys one of these days...

sideshowpdx said:
Yep,,, I'm a drummer. I hardly play any more though... You wouldn't believe all the crap I got from all my buddies when the "40 Year Old Virgin" came out last year.... Not only did he have a bunch of Sideshow Collectables but the same drumset too... :)

Yeah, that movie let a little too much info about collectors into the hands of those who would misuse it :rotfl

Back