PDX's Theater Room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, so where are the updated pics!

Come on, I posted mine!

:)

Looking forward to them.

Gruson said:
Hey, so where are the updated pics!

Come on, I posted mine!

:)

Looking forward to them.

Argh,,,, I wish my photographer buddy wasn't so flakey.. I want to share pix of my new stuff with the group but I won't do it unless the pictures do them justice.
Your updated pix, Gruson,,, are the Shiz.... :) A setup doesn't get any classier than yours.

Here are a couple updated pix of my office. I boxed up a bunch of guys and had to do some restructuring... Pix of the updated theater will be here soon.

DSCN0149-vi.jpg

DSCN0150-vi.jpg

Just a question, with your cinema/collection room. Does you PF Obi's saber illuminate as much as in your pic? Mine isnt nearly that bright.
I guess my coment on the updated office didnt go though, but I wanted to say its plain awesome! Time must fly by in there. :D

BDboystoys said:
Just a question, with your cinema/collection room. Does you PF Obi's saber illuminate as much as in your pic? Mine isnt nearly that bright.

It's fairly bright. We had the lighting in the room set just right though. It was pretty dark so it probably makes the saber look brighter than it really is.

BDboystoys said:
I guess my coment on the updated office didnt go though, but I wanted to say its plain awesome! Time must fly by in there. :D
Thanks! I used to have boring pix of architecture stuff (more "grown up") hanging on the walls,,, then I was like SCREW IT,,, I spend 8-10 hours in here every day. I might as well make it fun. :)

sideshowpdx said:
It's fairly bright. We had the lighting in the room set just right though. It was pretty dark so it probably makes the saber look brighter than it really is.

Thanks! I used to have boring pix of architecture stuff (more "grown up") hanging on the walls,,, then I was like SCREW IT,,, I spend 8-10 hours in here every day. I might as well make it fun. :)

Hmm, I guess I got a dud saber, mines fairly dull. Its bright at the start then goes paler till the end, where its abit brighter at the tip.
Oh and couldnt agree more :rock
I really need that treebeard bust. One of the best SSW pieces, and he's a personal fave character of mine

EDIT: I've come to notice another reason for my saber not being as 'impressive'. It came with scratches and marks and the like, so when its illuminated you can see them very clearly making it look like a stick, not a lightsaber.

Last edited:
That has to be one of the most tastefully done home-cinema setups ive ever seen. Good job lad...

Im actually thinking of building an outhouse which can house a home-cinema but er-indoors aint having it.
Never mind...!

Prob the best cinema room I have seen!

Awesome room man and you have great taste in high end quality items

FINALLY new Theater pix

updated Predator Corner... I think the spear really completes the corner. One of these days,,, I'll bite the bullet and get the masked version...

BEFORE:
interior0027-vi.jpg

AFTER:
PredatorStatueMD_025-vi.jpg

Updated Star Wars... Bu-Bye MR Sabers,,,, hello Signature AT-AT...

BEFORE:
interior0026-vi.jpg

AFTER:
StarWarsMD_026-vi.jpg

Updated Alien Area:

BEFORE:
interior0017-vi.jpg

AFTER:
AlienStatueMD_033-vi.jpg

Updated Kong:

BEFORE:
interior0030-vi.jpg

AFTER:

KingKongMD_038-vi.jpg

The Terminator, and LOTR nooks stayed the same... And the main viewing area is still clean with no statues. Just the back of the room is done. I can honestly say that the room has been complete. It just took my lazy photographer buddy 3 months to get over to my place to snap these shots...

VERY nice!

I love all of the changes you made.

One of the few 5/5 star displays around here!!!

Awesome.

you and gruson's displays are the classiest that i've ever seen. everything from the set-ups to the framed photos on the walls showcasing the Sideshow stuff (among others lines as well...). great job!!

Hey PDX, what is the color scheme you used for your room there, color, texture, etc.... I like the color and think I'll use it for my update this spring. Thanks.

Adam

sideshowpdx said:

i love this pic. I can see how much time and effort was put into making this masterpiece. The vertebrae and the paint app....simply WOW!!!! Thanks for the pics.

Anthos said:
Hey PDX, what is the color scheme you used for your room there, color, texture, etc.... I like the color and think I'll use it for my update this spring. Thanks.

Adam

The paint I used was "Fine Wine" by Sherwin Williams. Just normal wall texture.

Back