PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what's a steam machine?

is it like an Upgradeable Console or sort? a small PC sitting in the living room?

people can already hook up their PC to the TV if they wanted to

so what's a steam machine?

is it like an Upgradeable Console or sort? a small PC sitting in the living room?

people can already hook up their PC to the TV if they wanted to

It's a gaming PC with SteamOS. It's designed to be used in the living room but it's not quite living up to expectations--basically it's still fairly expensive and the SteamOS is limited because it's based on Linux so most popular games aren't available, and the controller they made for it isn't a good alternative to a gamepad or a mouse and keyboard.

It's a gaming PC with SteamOS. It's designed to be used in the living room but it's not quite living up to expectations--basically it's still fairly expensive and the SteamOS is limited because it's based on Linux so most popular games aren't available, and the controller they made for it isn't a good alternative to a gamepad or a mouse and keyboard.

This.

More people are buying/praising the controller than the actual device itself. Its effectively had zero marketing put behind it and SteamOS...is just in no way shape or form close to Windows in terms of performance/compatibility. At this point, its honestly better to just build a small form custom PC and install Windows on it. Then just use Steam Big Picture mode. Its the exact same thing, except...well you can actually play all of your games on them.

There are some Steam machines available with Windows, but it's not really doing anything that you can't already do by just buying/building a gaming PC.

I'd avoid the Steam controller, just no reason not to use your preferred gamepad or a mouse/keyboard so you can actually play the game it was meant to be played.

The Steam Link I think is a pretty good idea though, a cheap box that can stream your PC through your home network so you can play in the living room.

There are some Steam machines available with Windows, but it's not really doing anything that you can't already do by just buying/building a gaming PC.

I'd avoid the Steam controller, just no reason not to use your preferred gamepad or a mouse/keyboard so you can actually play the game it was meant to be played.

The Steam Link I think is a pretty good idea though, a cheap box that can stream your PC through your home network so you can play in the living room.

I see it becoming a preferred controller for a lot of the hardcore Steam fans.

Why's that?

I don't see anyone wanting to use it unless they had to

I would totally start using it. I have consoles but I mainly play PC games. If I want to sit on my couch with a Steam link, I would rather use a controller than keyboard/mouse. Might as well use the Steam controller.

It's better than trying to play a keyboard/mouse game with a controller, but the Xbox controller is better for controller games, and I'd rather get a tray or something to use a keyboard and mouse than to use the Steam controller

So, I finally decided tO build my PC Out of boredom, and my god. What the hell took me so long. I'm actually replaying Splinter Cell Blacklist in max settings and it looks better than anything my PS4 can handle.

Will be selling all my console games, and if I keep my PS4 is for the rare exclusive that just might get my attention (LOU2).

It's is a different world, really. I'm a Mac user (I've dealt with pc's plenty, but just not my platform of choice). But I just don't see myself going back to consoles ever again. Can't wait for Fallout 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! You'll still need your console for any multiplayer games, though. The PC has much smaller online communities, and cheating/hacking is much more rampant compared to the consoles.

Thank you!

I'm actually playing SC and watching 24 on another monitor while drinking some bourbon. Sam Fisher is Jack Bauer.

I'm actually eager to know how AK would look on this thing! It looked incredible on PS4, so I wouldn't mind getting it in steam once is fixed. I did t even get to 20% completion on my ps4, so what the hell. I've seen MGS5 run pretty great on PC too, might bite when it's on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up Valkyria Chronicles a couple days ago off steam for $6. Nice to have it in my pc collection. Where the crap is Red Dead Redemption??? I need to play it again but I don't want to have to drag out an old console :gah:

I love Ark! I'm level 51 and work as part of a tribe of four on my server. We recently went to war with another tribe after some confusion and we suffered a huge set back at our base after it was torn down by someone on their T Rex, now we're stronger than ever after the rebuild and that's what's fascinating about Ark.

I love Ark! I'm level 51 and work as part of a tribe of four on my server. We recently went to war with another tribe after some confusion and we suffered a huge set back at our base after it was torn down by someone on their T Rex, now we're stronger than ever after the rebuild and that's what's fascinating about Ark.
I been leaning towards Ark more, I just hear good things about it. I will be picking it up this Sat.

I need a really good desk chair since I use it a lot. I have a "good one" but was looking at the more expensive ones.

I don't mind spending the money if it'll last for 3-4 years but has anyone used the Dx Racer chairs or the similar ones?

I need a really good desk chair since I use it a lot. I have a "good one" but was looking at the more expensive ones.

I don't mind spending the money if it'll last for 3-4 years but has anyone used the Dx Racer chairs or the similar ones?
My buddy has a Dxracer, it sure is nice and sturdy. I like it but I probably wouldn't spend 300-500$ for a chair that has a pillow only for lumbar support. Arm rests are uncomfortable too.

Back