PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well good to know I guess so I don't use those words. You actually quoted me twice but whatever I was just curious.

That looks great, the windforce GPUs really do look nice this generation. I really love the corsair keyboards also, they are just superb quality. I've had about four different ones, have the K70 now in red/black like yours, I will no doubt get an RBG version at some point though...

That looks great, the windforce GPUs really do look nice this generation. I really love the corsair keyboards also, they are just superb quality. I've had about four different ones, have the K70 now in red/black like yours, I will no doubt get an RBG version at some point though...

I should of went with the k70 but instead I grabbed the k65. RGB sure makes it really fun.

Guys,

GTX 980 SLI or a single GTX 980 TI better for 1440P resolution ?

980 TI is more than enough for 1440p. It's one of the best cards on the market. Plus a lot of games aren't optimized well for multiple cards. I love a good SLI setup as much as the next guy. But a single card is always better imo in regards to maintenance, heat management, and power consumption.

The 900 series cards handle heat and power consumption a lot better than previous generations, though. I'd say if you can afford two 980 TIs, go for it.

Even with my GTX 780s (which are already a few years old), I haven't had any compatibility problems running my games on SLI.

I have shortlisted 2 GTX 980 Ti Cards, thinking which to purchase.

Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti
MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G

Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti

Go with the Asus.

Better cooling, and judging from both of the stock models, the Asus is already base clocked slightly higher.

Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti

I like the Gigabyte cards this time around personally, they may be worth looking into. Out of the two listed, I'd go with the MSI card personally though. I am a fan of Asus in general, but I had some rotten luck with the Asus GTX 680 directcu ii. I think I had three faulty cards before I bought an EVGA superclocked version. I am not implying that is representative of their quality in general, just a personal experience.

I like the Gigabyte cards this time around personally, they may be worth looking into. Out of the two listed, I'd go with the MSI card personally though. I am a fan of Asus in general, but I had some rotten luck with the Asus GTX 680 directcu ii. I think I had three faulty cards before I bought an EVGA superclocked version. I am not implying that is representative of their quality in general, just a personal experience.

Nice.

Will take that into consideration as well.

I also like Gigabyte over any of the recent Gpu but If I had my mind set on the Asus or the MSI I would probably go with MSI. I have seen many good reviews about them. Btw I am playing on a 1440p and a single 980ti card can handle it very well.

Have you looked into Hybrids? MSI and corsair are just releasing Hybrid GTX Sea Hawk.

Any major advantages of using Hybrids ???

Pretty much what El Mocko stated.

I'm using a 980ti in my current build. Best card I've ever owned. Thing stays crazy cool. I've never hit the 50's in temps even when running a game under a full load. Such a great card.

​i5 4460​ asus vanguard b85
kingston hyper x 16gb ddr3 kit 1600 (8gb x 2)
asus gtx 980 ti strix or gigabyte gtx 980 g1 gaming 6gb
samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd
wd 1tb blue
samsung 24x dvdrw
super flower leadex 650w gold
corsair air 540 case

I'm thinking of buying the above parts and build a rig.

The only thing I'd suggest is getting a bigger SSD if you can afford it. I had a 250gb SSD for my boot drive and it soon filled up through general use. Plus once you have experienced gaming on it, you'll want to put as many as possible on it anyway. I just replaced mine with a 1TB Samsung 850 evo, mainly as a boot drive and for DCS World which I own ever single module with many more to come but I'll stick a few more titles on it also. If you look around, you can get them cheaper than the rrp. I got mine brand new from an ebay store and saved a big chunk of money.

That case is an acquired taste I guess lol. I love Corsair in general however, I have the corsair 650d which is pretty big..

Back