PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is, if you want to achieve 4K gaming with acceptable frame-rates, you'll have to go all-out on your build, and completely forget about budget building. You'll need the best graphics cards - perhaps even two in SLI, like Vader Al suggested. You'll also need an air-flow optimized case to dissipate the heat. You might even have to look into water cooling.

think that's what i'll have to do, sell off the PC .. thing is my budget is bit tight ATM .. so i think i may hold the "4k Gaming" off for a bit .. but i gotta start somewhere to scratch the surface of PC gaming .. i can afford an already build Gaming from the site i shared earlier and seen this Gaming PC "a bit lower on specs" than i needed.. but gotta start .. and Since i always been a Console gamer, can you check for me if the spec on this PC is more powerful than a PS4?

ADVANTI Series 5: Portable Performer Core i5 4690k HASWELL 3.4 Ghz 16 Gb Ram NVIDIA GTX 970 SC 4 GB Graphics Gaming System :: ADVANTI SYSTEMS :: ADVANTI Online

That is NOT a low-spec PC, and you'll easily be able to blast the PS4 out of the water :lol. The i5 4690K should be able to handle gaming and multi-threaded applications very well. There are some games that would require the hyper-threading of an i7 for "Ultra" settings (eg. Crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor, and Arkham Knight), but there aren't a lot of those. As for the GPU, the 970 is pretty much the best card you can get for the money in Nvidia's 900 series - it's very much on par with the GTX 780, which was one of Nvidia's top-of-the-line cards just last year. 16 GB of RAM - awesome.

My only concern, is that the PC makes use of a Mini-ITX motherboard. That means that your upgrade path will be limited, so you won't be able add a second graphics card later on for SLI (if you have any interest in that). But, I have to say, the overall specs on that PC looks pretty nice for a single GPU setup.

If it's in your price range, go for it!

That is NOT a low-spec PC, and you'll easily be able to blast the PS4 out of the water :lol. The i5 4690K should be able to handle gaming and multi-threaded applications very well. There are some games that would require the hyper-threading of an i7 for "Ultra" settings (eg. Crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor, and Arkham Knight), but there aren't a lot of those. As for the GPU, the 970 is pretty much the best card you can get for the money in Nvidia's 900 series - it's very much on par with the GTX 780, which was one of Nvidia's top-of-the-line cards just last year. 16 GB of RAM - awesome.

My only concern, is that the PC makes use of a Mini-ITX motherboard. That means that your upgrade path will be limited, so you won't be able add a second graphics card later on for SLI (if you have any interest in that). But, I have to say, the overall specs on that PC looks pretty nice for a single GPU setup.

If it's in your price range, go for it!

Thanks alot ! that i can Manage, if i do get that PC it'll most likely be hooked to my TV via hdmi

What Solidus said. I'd add get an SSD and put the OS on it and all your programs (250+ gb ones are cheap) and games and keep the one that comes with it for storage.

No problem!

According to your specs, the only salvageable components I can see are your DVD drive and Hard Drive (the 640 GB HDD won't be enough, though). But, you also have Windows 7 64-bit, so you won't have to buy another OS.

You'd definitely want some new RAM. I'd recommend 2 x 4GB or 2 x 8GB DDR 3 SD RAM for your new build. Most games require a minimum of 4 GB of RAM, while recommended settings are generally at 8 GB.

All in all, it will be better if you can just sell that old PC on Ebay and make some money. You probably won't make a lot, but you can put the extra cash towards your new build.

He can upgrade to windows 10 for free.

ok i have found a deal with a Diff shop with the same Set up (much Cheaper)

it's the same set up as before but a bit diffrent

they will throw in a Diffrent Processor by my Request to have an i7 4790k instead of the i5 "they'll also give me a code for The Dark Knight to download off steam for free if i purchased before 15th of june"

but here is the complete setup

photopc.JPG

You might consider an SSD for your boot drive if funds will allow, they are lightning quick. Seems okay though, pretty similar to mine apart from said main drive.

I am getting to the point of wanting a new GPU, I'm liking the new Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 TI :thud:

I'm waiting for my windows 10 update to kick in, then I'm going to give that a fresh install on my existing smallish SSD and add a third 1tb SSD mainly for DCS: World and a few other games.

ok i have found a deal with a Diff shop with the same Set up (much Cheaper)

it's the same set up as before but a bit diffrent

they will throw in a Diffrent Processor by my Request to have an i7 4790k instead of the i5 "they'll also give me a code for The Dark Knight to download off steam for free if i purchased before 15th of june"

but here is the complete setup

View attachment 189797

Looks similar to the system I just bought though I went with the cheapest i7 and 16gb ram though both those upgrades are not necessary for games. Far Cry 4 and GTA 5 were amazing on the new system, particularly GTA V, no more blurring in the distance, that really annoyed me.

i will get GTA V on PC for sure ..

but what will i be looking at here ? since i'll be mostly playing at 1080p "which the PS4 already Offers at that Resolution on most Games" aside from the Higher Frame Rates on PC what else is there? (like 1080p on PC vs 1080p on PS4)

what drove me to PC is the Performance of games on Console as of late ... 30 fps and it's not steady.. i don't mind 30fps .. but atleast make it rock solid "Like AC Unity" it runs crap on Consoles & i've seen photages on PC and they were gorgeous at 1080p

Aside from increased frame rates on the PC, you'll have: anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, ambient occlusion, increased draw distances, significantly more realistic lighting effects, etc. With GTA V on the PC, you'll have the greatest benefit of improved draw distances so you'll experience less less texture pop-ins on-screen, compared to the PS4.

Nvidia also released an entire list of improvements for the PC version, check it out here:

Grand Theft Auto V PC Graphics & Performance Guide | GeForce

what i've found from where i'm from (looking for Games) is that the Games on PC are mostly Pirated, also found Witcher 3 pirated .. ofcourse no way i'm gonna support that but wow .. i know they don't have Multiplayer "Don't know about Patches" though,, still rather support the Developers than Piracy.

Yeah, it's always best to buy your games. Aside from supporting the developers, you have access to official patches and bug fixes.

Sorry for the Thread Drift but I have a mildly important (not really, but how else am I gonna grab you attention, huh?) question to ask:

As everybody knows Arkham Knight is launching on the 23rd but problem is, my laptop can't run it and it's sorta broken down at this point. Thus, I am in need of a gaming rig! I'll be leaving for college anyway so a good desktop is needed. Now, normally I'd just go to pcpartpicker but I really don't know what parts go with what, since I'm essentially clueless when it comes to such matters. Either way, my budget is around 1.000 euro give or take. A bit more won't really hurt though, it's not a "fixed" number is what I'm trying to say. "Power" wise, ideally I'd love to play B:AK in Ultra Super-Duper High but I doubt that's feasible with such a budget, so I'm open to suggestions.

Again, I'm entirely clueless when it comes to such things and that's why I'm asking for help. A "list" of what I need to complete a rig would be useful, plus some suggestions even. Anyway, any help would be really, really appreciated. I'd start another thread but why fill the board when there's a general one already open?

You should be able to make a decent gaming rig at 1,000 euros. For Ultra settings in Arkham Knight, you'll need:

OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Graphics Memory: 4 GB
DirectX®: 11
Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

You can save roughly $100 if you switch out the i7 with an i5. You can also go with a GTX 970 instead of the 980, and save $200. I'm not sure how it'll affect performance, though. The i5 is essentially a cut i7 without any virtual cores, so, if Arkham Knight requires more than four physical cores from the i5, you might notice FPS dips. As for the GPU, the 970 has 3.5 GB of useable VRAM, but I doubt that Arkham Knight will even come close to maxing out its VRAM usage (not many games do).

I figure you'd be okay with those. The other requirements are pretty straight forward on what you need.

Back