PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet pics! A lot of good stuff in the spot you have. My desk is littered with fight stick parts as I'm changing out some parts but I'll get some pics out soon.

Solidus, yours is at least somewhat clean :lol mine is filled with games, action figures, papers and everything. It does look nice though

So I decided to just go ahead and build a new rig going the mini ITX route. Its been years since I last put together a computer and was looking around for parts and what not. I noticed a lot of builds consist of an ssd (usually 250gb) along with the typical 1tb hdd. Kind of a noob question but I've never had that setup before, so I was just curious to know how that worked out.

So I decided to just go ahead and build a new rig going the mini ITX route. Its been years since I last put together a computer and was looking around for parts and what not. I noticed a lot of builds consist of an ssd (usually 250gb) along with the typical 1tb hdd. Kind of a noob question but I've never had that setup before, so I was just curious to know how that worked out.

It works fine, assume you are going to put your games and such on the SSD (although for the most part all games in run in memory anyway but they will bootup faster). If you can afford it I would just go SSD/SSD. A lot of people did that previously while they were super expensive and then used SSD for their OS to boot up faster, etc. At this point, it seems pointless. My last build was SSD/SSD and I will never look back.

For sure...I had that SSD/HDD set up but eventually went all SSD except old pics are on the HDD. I use the HDD's for long term storage but not daily use.

SSD makes your system boot super fast, everything faster and like Sexy said your games will load faster....not vital but nice with game loading...unless you usually go pee during that load time.

You can also strap the SSD's to the back of your rig with your cables so it's out of sight.

rogf.gif

https://www.engadget.com/2015/06/01/asus-rog-in-win-transformer

I like! It's like a case within a case with removable side-panels. You're going to need a lot clearance when it opens up, though.

Seriously. If I were to get that case I'd name it the death blossom. It's like suicide doors for your car.

Imagine putting that sucker under your desk and opening her.

Does it come in black...? :drool

I might have to pick one of those up for my next build, depending on the price of course.

Well in regards to the gpu, if you really want 4k, get the best card you can. The 980ti is a what I would get. No such thing as overkill when it comes to 4k.

question here since i know nothing of PC's "Still debating if i'll ever get a Gaming PC" but i'm doing it for research

if i'll get a GTX-980TI "or just 980

which of these motherboards and processors is best to use (for 4K Gaming)? i'm reffering to this site because it's local to me

Processors :: ADVANTI Online

Motherboards :: ADVANTI Online

For the processor, get the i7 4790K. In addition to having four physical cores, it also has four virtual cores for hyper-threading.

As for the motherboard, it depends on how you intend to use your PC. Are you planning to use two graphics cards for SLI/Crossfire, and are you planning to tinker around with the voltages for overclocking? If not, then a very cheap motherboard will do fine. Just make sure it has a PCI-e 3.0 x16 slot for your GPU.

You'll probably need 2 gpu's even if you choose a titan x if you are going 4k if you want 60 fps.

For the processor, get the i7 4790K. In addition to having four physical cores, it also has four virtual cores for hyper-threading.

As for the motherboard, it depends on how you intend to use your PC. Are you planning to use two graphics cards for SLI/Crossfire, and are you planning to tinker around with the voltages for overclocking? If not, then a very cheap motherboard will do fine. Just make sure it has a PCI-e 3.0 x16 slot for your GPU.

Thanks for the Feedback

i think if i did build a gaming PC i'll be using one Graphics card .. "want it affordable", i'm just measuring at the moment of how much i'll be needing if i did build one.

another noob question
can i use my Current old PC to swap out it's parts if i did get a Graphic Card "GTX-980TI" the processor "i7 4790K" and a motherboard? anything else i'm missing?

here is the PC i'm using

photomyacer1.jpg

Thanks for the Feedback

i think if i did build a gaming PC i'll be using one Graphics card .. "want it affordable", i'm just measuring at the moment of how much i'll be needing if i did build one.

another noob question
can i use my Current old PC to swap out it's parts if i did get a Graphic Card "GTX-980TI" the processor "i7 4790K" and a motherboard? anything else i'm missing?

here is the PC i'm using

View attachment 189176

No problem!

According to your specs, the only salvageable components I can see are your DVD drive and Hard Drive (the 640 GB HDD won't be enough, though). But, you also have Windows 7 64-bit, so you won't have to buy another OS.

You'd definitely want some new RAM. I'd recommend 2 x 4GB or 2 x 8GB DDR 3 SD RAM for your new build. Most games require a minimum of 4 GB of RAM, while recommended settings are generally at 8 GB.

All in all, it will be better if you can just sell that old PC on Ebay and make some money. You probably won't make a lot, but you can put the extra cash towards your new build.

Back