PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. Congrats! :)

I'm also going to get a new graphics card... At some point. Got the 770 GTX. Will go for a 980 Ti.

Thanks !

Good luck with your new Purchase !

i'm learning more about the PC Graphical Options, and there are alot .. and looking more closely at Anti Aliasing

on the PS4 i found Assassin's creed Unity to be Blurry.. even for 900p it looked too blurry in my eyes, and then read the Digital Foundry Report and explained that the game on the console used a variant of FXAA & then watched some YT videos some saying it's the best option and others saying to leave it off as it blurs the image ..
for me i like Sharp Textures.. and from what i've read if FXAA blurs the image i'll just go with no AA or just 2xMSAA
hence why i bought Assassin's creed unity again for the PC .. i loved the experience but the Delivery on console was Awful "Blurry, bad fps (lots of times i found it unplayable because of the dips)"

Well, AC Unity has optimization issues regardless of the platform. I played it for PC, and it didn't matter the graphics settings I chose, the game just didn't scale well. Believe me, you won't be able to maintain a constant 60 FPS with a GTX 980, and even the GTX Titan X will struggle to do the same. It's just a horribly developed game by Ubisoft.

As for anti-aliasing, you could turn it completely off, if you're gaming on a large-screen TV. Jaggies become much more noticeable if you're sitting close to a monitor.

i don't mind dips to high 40s and mid 50s .. well than again i never experienced a 60fps game dipping to those numbers, so Unity will be the First n see how it feels

is it as bad as a 30fps game dipping to low 20s? to me consistant 30fps is playable and smooth "in console theory"

and i'll be gaming with the PC on a 55" tv, so i'm sure Jaggies will be present.

i don't mind dips to high 40s and mid 50s .. well than again i never experienced a 60fps game dipping to those numbers, so Unity will be the First n see how it feels

is it as bad as a 30fps game dipping to low 20s? to me consistant 30fps is playable and smooth "in console theory"

and i'll be gaming with the PC on a 55" tv, so i'm sure Jaggies will be present.

The problem with FPS dips, is that games will rapidly progress through variable ranges of smoothness. This inconsistency can lead to very choppy graphics, and the transition becomes even more apparent if your game suddenly dips from 60 fps to to the upper 30s (which happens frequently in AC Unity, depending on the environments and textures). That said, with PC gaming, you'll find yourself constantly having to balance power and performance, even on the most high end cards, and it becomes even more frustrating with a poorly optimized game like Unity.

And just to note: I game on a 60" HDTV and I haven't noticed a lot of jaggies at all, with antialiasing turned off, in either in AC Unity or Black Flag. How close to you sit to your TV? It's your choice if you want to use anti-aliasing for those games, but I won't recommend it :lol. I'd even suggest turning off PhysX.

So I'm playing Arkham Knight. Totally not optimized for AMD crossfire. Christ.
If you have that kind in your rig, then disable.

I'm not sure how it'll run with NVIDIA SLI. I'm sure it's not optimized for that either.

Right now I'm playing on a single R9 290, performance is a billion times better with crossfire disabled, although, it is a bit jittery when you're cruising in the bat whip.

Having fun right now, you guys should too, remember, be the Batman.

Last edited:
That sucks, Kiba, I think AMD users were screwed with this game. I have two GTX 780s in SLI and I've been getting 60 fps with some minor fame-dips. Nothing debilitating though...

They really need to release a patch, that's for sure. It sucks not being able to adjust any of the settings. To think, there's just an on-off slider for anti-aliasing - nothing else...

Nvidia released sli drivers the day before it came out and seems to work fine with SLI.

Solidus, how did you get it above 30 fps? Did you change something in the files? It is locked for me at 30 fps.

That's what I figured, thanks. For a second I thought they may have patched it.

Needs to be 120 though..maybe they'll unlock it one day.

Does downscale actually work "through DSR"? like does it harm the Monitor or in my Case my TV? if i play 1440p on a 1080p Native TV, am i risking anything?

That's what I figured, thanks. For a second I thought they may have patched it.

Needs to be 120 though..maybe they'll unlock it one day.

Yeah, they're really taking their sweet time for the patch. How's your game running, by the way?

Does downscale actually work "through DSR"? like does it harm the Monitor or in my Case my TV? if i play 1440p on a 1080p Native TV, am i risking anything?

What I can firmly tell you, is that it's physically impossible to push more pixels on your display than what it's capable of handling. So, DSR is perfectly safe. For upscaling, your GPU will emulate higher resolutions and then shrink them down to the pixel density of your monitor. Higher resolutions will mitigate the need for lots of anti-aliasing. But, with that said, I'd much rather use in-game AA settings. I've noticed that AA has less of a performance hit than DSR, especially with games like Far Cry 3.

Back