PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm leaning for either the ASUS PG348Q or Acer Predator X34.

I have the Acer Predator x34 and I absolutely love it. Granted not all games support ultrawide, but as long as you can handle black bars on the ones that don't its well worth it.

I have the Acer Predator x34 and I absolutely love it. Granted not all games support ultrawide, but as long as you can handle black bars on the ones that don't its well worth it.

I Also have the X34 and its pretty awesome! Like Duck stated most games support it, but games like overwatch and a few others do not support it. I love it personally.

Decided to finally upgrade after 8 years. Yeah yeah PC elitists like to scoff at notebooks and Alienware, but I got a pretty good deal for one considering the form factor.

Alienware 17 (R4)

I know their desktops are overpriced, but their notebooks are priced very fairly compared to the competition... especially with that extra Dell discount haggling.

I agree Alienware gets a lot of shade thrown there way but for the price/performance ratio its one of if not THE best buys right now. I do a lot of hardware research and reading. David Lee (You tuber) states that the new R4 alienware notebooks are absolutely stunning. I build my own but have to say a few years ago I bought an Alienware Desktop as it was cheaper by a few hundred dollars. ( The AMD 7970 was $400 cheaper than buying it alone).

How does it go? It goes great. A simple install onto the motherboard and very small. I'll probably get another one. Here's a photo of it and I circled it.

View attachment 349529

Pilky that is literally the SAME set up as me , I have the Black/Red case and the only difference would be I have the 1080 TI FTW3 .

I agree Alienware gets a lot of shade thrown there way but for the price/performance ratio its one of if not THE best buys right now. I do a lot of hardware research and reading. David Lee (You tuber) states that the new R4 alienware notebooks are absolutely stunning. I build my own but have to say a few years ago I bought an Alienware Desktop as it was cheaper by a few hundred dollars. ( The AMD 7970 was $400 cheaper than buying it alone).

Yep. I actually ended up getting a even better deal for my notebook. $2,000 for the specs mentioned AND 4 year warranty+accidental damage.

Bragging, feels good man.

This was just good luck though, they're not priced THIS LOW normally. If I exclude the warranty... it's pretty close to the cost of a desktop with gtx 1080 and 1440p 120hz screen.

Last edited:
Yep. I actually ended up getting a even better deal for my notebook. $2,000 for the specs mentioned AND 4 year warranty+accidental damage.

Bragging, feels good man.

This was just good luck though, they're not priced THIS LOW normally. If I exclude the warranty... it's pretty close to the cost of a desktop with gtx 1080 and 1440p 120hz screen.

yeah Dell and Alienware have INSANE specials. They even misprice stuff and honor it most of the time. Last year I know a ton of people who got an alienware alpha w a 980 for free due to a pricing issue. Even after they caught it and would not honor it fully they were sending people 970s for free.

Same as BestBuy had 1080's for sale on their website for $300 a few months back , they wanted the sale to be for 1070s. They actually ate their losses and shipped people 1080's. Gota brag when you get lucky like that!

You never replied to my question on the Rokit speakers...I have a pair of Rokit 8 RPG2's. How do you like the Rokit's for gaming ? I have those and also a Logitech 5.1 set...which ones in your opinion would be better to game with ?

You never replied to my question on the Rokit speakers...I have a pair of Rokit 8 RPG2's. How do you like the Rokit's for gaming ? I have those and also a Logitech 5.1 set...which ones in your opinion would be better to game with ?

IMO if you are going to be gaming and want the best sound possible invest in a nice set of Headphones. Especially is using any teamspeak/in game mic options.

The logitechs used to be un matched , the 5500's if you can get them were insanely good and an amazing value.

I Also have the X34 and its pretty awesome! Like Duck stated most games support it, but games like overwatch and a few others do not support it. I love it personally.

Thanks guys, even more excited to get it now! Should be here today.

IMO if you are going to be gaming and want the best sound possible invest in a nice set of Headphones. Especially is using any teamspeak/in game mic options.

The logitechs used to be un matched , the 5500's if you can get them were insanely good and an amazing value.

I used to wear headphones but after a little while they hurt my ears. I can only put them on for short periods at a time.

5.1 would be more immersive, but the Rokits are wry good speakers too. I bought them to use as monitor speakers, but they do a great job with everything else.

5.1 would be more immersive, but the Rokits are wry good speakers too. I bought them to use as monitor speakers, but they do a great job with everything else.

Thanks! I guess I'll just keep the 5.1 on it then. I used the Rokits for monitors as well.

By the way, this PC rocks! That X34 monitor is amazing. Don't get all the complaints about light bleed. Mine seems perfect. Was worried at first cause the box was pretty banged up and opened but all looked good.

Back