PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QFT. It's amazing how Arkham Knight looks completely maxed out as well as Rise of the Tomb Raider on my new monitor.

Makes me wish AK turned out better than it did. Still a graphic powerhouse though.

And Konami still won't update MGSV with 21:9 support, you have to mod the file settings but still, some sort of official update would be nice. And while they are at it, they can fix the game. Some SP DLC would be nice, hell, some sort of ending.

How is it comparing to the 980ti?

I'm still waiting for some partner cards to go in stock. This paper launch by Nvidia is absolutely ridiculous.

How is it comparing to the 980ti?

I'm still waiting for some partner cards to go in stock. This paper launch by Nvidia is absolutely ridiculous.

I'd say well worth the upgrade. I wasn't able to choose some nice graphical enhancements on AK before (you know, the nice rain that all fans wanted) and some shadow effects or what not. Now I max the hell out of it, and since I now have a "3K" monitor, I see a difference in performance. YMMV, yeah, but there's improvement. Also, price. I was lucky to have sold my ti when I did for $450 ( I felt like ****) but have you seen how many deals on it come around for $330? Insane.

Anyway, steam is getting HAMMERED. The summer sale is here and trying to add games to my cart reminds me of getting an iPhone at Apple.com on release day. Frustrating.

moved from BO3 on pc to xboxone and it makes my eyes hurt with the difference in graphics. :(

BUT i can play all the maps now since there are plenty of players so worth the pain.

So we got the Microsoft Hololens developer kit this week. It's pretty cool, works pretty well, here's a few things about it:

Pros:
-you can place stuff around the room and it tracks position very well, so they stay where they are, in fact when you turn it on again, things will still be where you left them, even down the hallway.
-has a pretty good range of seeing your hands.
-resolution is pretty good
-has voice commands

Cons
-The image is quite small, if you were to hold your phone a few inches in front of your face then it covers about that much of your vision.
-the headset is a bit heavy, especially on your nose
-doesn't have a lot of processing power

Of course stuff will improve over time, it's still very useful and there's a lot of applications that we can think of for it. It uses Unity as the main 3D tool, so it's pretty easy to get into development for it.

Got an MSI 1080 Gaming X from Amazon. I'll probably cancel it and wait until more FTWs come in stock.

Stocks are getting better. I canceled the Gaming X and got an Asus Strix 1080 instead :panic:.

I canceled the Strix and went back for the MSI card :panic:. I just hope Amazon doesn't strike my account. It seems like MSI has binned the chips for the Gaming X, and they seem to be reaching boost clocks over 2,000 MHz quite easily. A lot of people seem to be RMAing the Strix, and from videos I've seen, it runs very loud. I need a silent PC...

There's also a Lightning Edition being released :lol... methinks $729 is as much as I'd want to spend for a Pascal based GPU :(.

Yeah and while those have higher clocks it will only really be relevant in benchmarking or 2-5 fps more in game.

Yeah and while those have higher clocks it will only really be relevant in benchmarking or 2-5 fps more in game.

Yeah, pretty much. I think the overclocks are only going to come in handy several years from now when the 1080s struggle to maintain 30 fps. Anyways, I'm getting my GPU tomorrow, I'll take pics.

Is anyone else getting a 1080 partner card, by the way?

I try to avoid using SLI, since it can be buggy and not everything supports it. If you want more power at this point I would wait and see if the 1080Ti comes out or an updated Titan

Back