PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so guys what do you think of Windows 10 as it stands right now? (just for gaming)

i have a windows 8 "regular" .. and i am really hesitant if i switch to windows 10 before the Free promotion is over.. i have Old games and worried that it won't work in the newer OS.

If it works on Windows 8 it should work on Windows 10, haven't found anything that doesn't work that works on Windows 7
I'd definitely switch to Windows 10 if you're on Windows 8

so guys what do you think of Windows 10 as it stands right now? (just for gaming)

i have a windows 8 "regular" .. and i am really hesitant if i switch to windows 10 before the Free promotion is over.. i have Old games and worried that it won't work in the newer OS.

I like Windows 10 personally. I skipped 8 as I despised it, so I came to W10 from W7 which was a very good OS.

What happens when you have to reinstall windows? Do you install your old version (7,8,8.1) then have to download 10 & upgrade again? Or do then give you the install files to put on USB?

You would make Windows 10 installation media, and it will automatically activate as long as you haven't replaced your motherboard. If you're already in Windows and just want to wipe everything then you can go to Recovery option under the Update settings and it'll allow you to do that.

I can now play Witcher 3 at 100fps at 1080p with everything maxed out. I'll have to try some DSR scaling... will be getting a new monitor soon.

You would make Windows 10 installation media, and it will automatically activate as long as you haven't replaced your motherboard. If you're already in Windows and just want to wipe everything then you can go to Recovery option under the Update settings and it'll allow you to do that.

Cool, thanks!

just Upgraded to Windows 10,
only Two issues came up.
Assassin's Creed 2 was not playing well (freezing and gets stuck at the title screen) while it was working fine on Windows 8.. then a windows update came up.. tried it again and all is perfect.
second thing is my Antivirus disappeared after installing Windows 10.. again fixed when i downloaded the latest version of the antivirus .

just Upgraded to Windows 10,
only Two issues came up.
Assassin's Creed 2 was not playing well (freezing and gets stuck at the title screen) while it was working fine on Windows 8.. then a windows update came up.. tried it again and all is perfect.
second thing is my Antivirus disappeared after installing Windows 10.. again fixed when i downloaded the latest version of the antivirus .

Just got Windows 10 today. I hate the permissions settings- it's driving me nuts!

If you want to delay Windows updates then you can go to Advanced Options under Network Settings you can enable Metered Connection which will make it think that your bandwidth is limited and won't download updates. This only works for Wi-Fi, though there's a more complicated way to enable that for a wired connection.

So, upgrading to a 1080 gave me huge improvements in my Firestrike score, compared to two 780s in SLI. I also turned on OC Genie for an automatic overclock of my i5 3570K. Overall, my system is running faster, cooler, quieter, and it uses less energy. I don't think I'll be revisiting SLI in the future.

28250301101_fc21e398cf_c.jpg

Wow Viper, that is good stuff.

I guess DDR4 does help when faster then? I'd always read on DDR3 and it always showed no real difference. I think I have 3200 speed DDR4 so this makes me sad...even if I don't need the extra fps it still bothers me knowing it could be better. :lol

Great find, indeed. Seems like just going from DDR 2133 to DDR 4000 gives you a 20 fps bump. I'm still on DDR 3 1600 :lol :(.

I just tried GTA V on max settings at 1080p for an hour, and the fans don't even turn on! The highest temp reading was 52 degrees. What sorcery is this?!

Back