paypal trying to steal from me!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, same thing happened to me when I sold my first expensive item on Ebay. They froze the money that I received from my buyer, until either the buyer leaves a positive feedback or that I show prove of identification. I believe after 25 days or so, the hold will automatically be released if the buyer didn't complain. Paypal did this to me three times when I first sold items through Ebay, but never since then. I guess it's a way to make sure new buyers are legit, but it's really inconvenient especially if you needed the money right away like I did.

I had my share of paypal problems. A few years ago when I wanted to buy the MR Stormtrooper blaster on ebay I had the money blocked since paypal thought Eastern Europeans need to have US bank accounts. I had the money ready but I couldn't pay the seller because of paypal stupid policies. At least the seller was cool, and I got my blaster elsewhere.

The other problem with paypal was the restriction on the amount of money sent/received by Eastern Europeans (and other countries). There was also a time when I had a deal with a friend and had to send him $250 for a collectible and paypal said I got over the limit of sending money. Again I had all the money ready for the transaction, but still I had to find another way to get him paid. After 2 weeks everything was again fine with my paypal account.

All these made me think a lot about how much money I want to send (and receive) through paypal

Dude,you know the same things happen to me and it is still happening!:slapI tried to get a debit card for my PAYPAL account and they put a limitation on it.I couldn't understand why if i only applied for a debit card that they offered.It's not like i just opened the account and decided to do that.I had the account open for about 1yr and decided instead of going through the trouble of transferring money to my bank account and waiting for it to happen,why not just get the debit card and no more wait.Boy,was i wrong cause as soon as i did that it opened up a can of bulls#!t!They asked me to send some proof of id and address and i did that but they told me that it wasn't enough.:dunnoI've had that account for a year made so many transactions,had my bank account attached to this account as well as my credit card and not good enough!I don't get it?After a$$reaming several PAYPAL employees i found out that the card is not issued by them but instead from a different bank.It turns out that PAYPAL isn't a bank at all but some type of alternate entity,sort of a virtual bank and because of that certain laws don't apply,which sucks!Anyway,i had to open up a different account and as for the money that is in that account well as i was told it would be available in about 6 months but how about all that interest that money accrues!To me PAYPAL is stealing cause that money is mine not theirs and they are getting rich of my money and everyone elses!That's why now i don't keep more than $5.00 in my account.They can keep that and rub it on there chest!:exactly:The only thing i can suggest is call them but as soon as it doesn't sound like it's goin your way stop the conversation and tell them you want to talk to a supervisor or manager,seriously!GOOD LUCK!:wink1:

I had paypal when they first started... they were fantastic... when ebay bought them they became a big steaming turd... nuttin but issues with them... so paypal and ebay can suck it... good luck and if you get your money leave and never look back

welcome to the club. i sold a gang of action figures recently and everything shipped out 3 weeks ago with no complaints. now paypal is holding 700 of my dollars hostage. I ve asked them twice to release my funds but i keep getting the run around.

well icalled them and of course they were all like "oh we are sorry, oops we sent you the wrong email and all you need to do is send us another full scan of your tax assesment and your all good" so i asked several times if he was sure and that that was alla they needed despite them just sending me an email stating i needed to send more proof of address and identity and he assured me it was all i needed.
Well i did that, 3 days ago!! and still nothing to say my account has been released or any other form of communication. I have followed up with several more emails explaining i have items i need to send out for my buyers who need the items for xmas and they cant even reply and let me know whats going on!!
I think they know as soon as they release my account that money is coming out and will NEVER use them again.
Will keep you posted as soon as i get more info.

You shouldn't punish the buyers for Paypal's problems though. Sending the items might even help as eBay sees you're legit.

Ya, same thing happened to me when I sold my first expensive item on Ebay. They froze the money that I received from my buyer, until either the buyer leaves a positive feedback or that I show prove of identification. I believe after 25 days or so, the hold will automatically be released if the buyer didn't complain. Paypal did this to me three times when I first sold items through Ebay, but never since then. I guess it's a way to make sure new buyers are legit, but it's really inconvenient especially if you needed the money right away like I did.

They do that with everything---but you can get around it if you add the tracking number of the package to the Paypal transaction--once it shows it's shipped it'll release the money

Still crappy though

I just hate that with Ebay, you pay them a ridiculous fee, then you pay Paypal just to get your money---by the time you've finished the whole thing you've lost like 15% of your money, and it's not like it's all that expensive for Ebay to do the listings or Paypal to transfer money

ok i just recieved confirmation that my account has been restored.
FINALLY!!
Well i think im done with paypal and will never keep funds in there again.
That was the biggest stuff around ive ever had just to access MY OWN MONEY!!! jeez.

ok i just recieved confirmation that my account has been restored.
FINALLY!!
Well i think im done with paypal and will never keep funds in there again.
That was the biggest stuff around ive ever had just to access MY OWN MONEY!!! jeez.

Good to hear buddy , do the right thing and never use them again , i went ill over it as i thought my £700.00 was never going to be released and i was loosing sleep and everything.
Also you can't type no paypal on Ebay , i just say cheque or bank transfer.
Myself will never use paypal ever again and i will only use Ebay when i see something i really wan't and even then i will only send a cheque or postal order.

Glad to hear you have your money back

Jay

I just pulled all my money out of paypal... it was only $60 but after reading this thread I didn't want to risk it.

Yeah i leave about $50 in there and thats it, once I start going over 50 bucks I immediately transfer the funs over to my bank acct.

Unfortunately not sure if withdrawing money from paypal to a bank is available for non-US customers, who don't have US bank accounts. Not sure if I can withdraw the money to my card either. Any non-US member could chime in please?

yes you can withdraw into non-US bank account. i am set up with paypal australia and can withdraw into or from my personal bank account.

I can transfer money out of my Canadian account but there is a fee unless it's more than C$150

I have had similar problems with PayPal. I sold stuff over $300 an PayPal froze the funds UNTIL THE BUYER LEFT POSITIVE FEEDBACK. as soon as He did my funds were available.

LOL WTH I've been on eBay over 10 years never heard of that,what if the buyer dies or forgets or something ? :slap

The thing with Paypal is that they are going to protect the buyer at all costs to avoid a credit card chargeback. If that involves them punishing sellers, so be it. They know that they have eBay sellers- and many online vendors- by the proverbial balls and that they really are the only major online payment system.

I don't see things changing anytime soon and I would just listen to the advice of everyone else and just immediately withdrawal any funds.

LOL WTH I've been on eBay over 10 years never heard of that,what if the buyer dies or forgets or something ? :slap

Ship with tracking and enter the tracking info into the PP transaction as soon as you ship....once it is delivered email PP and tell them it was delivered and they'll check and usually release...that's worked for me so I don't have to depend on a seller leaving feedback and I don't have to harass them to leave feedback.

Back