pan's labyrinth, collectibles worthy? (spoiler ahead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

can pan's labyrinth support a collectibles line?

• yes

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • no

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • didn't see the movie or don't care

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
I think yes--- but of course you wouldn't let a child see it--- it was a fairy tale for ADULTS. It was never meant for children.

I think a FAUN PF (as I stated in the product request thread) would be spectacular and a surefire sellout.

100% agreed. A Faun PF would be incredibly cool.

As for the ending, it's what you make it, so it doesn't really matter what Del Toro says, however... the director's commentary makes it very clear that he intended the fairy tale world to be real, and tried to sway the audience to see that more and more as the movie progressed. It's a happy ending :)

other than a few cool looking characters, i really don't think the mainstream collectibles market liked this movie enough to support a collectibles line. plus the ending when the only way the little girl would see justice and acheive all that she wanted was in the afterlife illusion, once she was murdered. i personally HATED that ending and would never let a child see it for that reason.

what do you think? can pan's labyrinth support a collectibles line?

I know I'd be interested in Pan's Labyrinth collectibles (the Faun, Ophelia with the frog, a dagger reproduction and such) but I don't see it being a huge draw in the colletibles 'universe'. The movie was out at the end of 2006 and has been pretty much forgotten by mainstream movie audiences (for the most part).

It's interesting the different takes on the ending of the film. For me I found it to be a happy ending where Ophelia returned to her true world and would finally have a much happier life then the world she was apart of previously. I know others see the ending much like you. I think Del Torro made the ending just ambigious enough for the audience to make up their own mind.

I'd be hard pressed to let very young children see the movie because of the graphic violence that was part of the film but the death in a film or book is nothing new to children films and literature.

Well as i already said, NECA is thinbking in signing for the licence of Pan's Labyrith, i will not expect nothing from SC.

plus the ending when the only way the little girl would see justice and acheive all that she wanted was in the afterlife illusion, once she was murdered. i personally HATED that ending and would never let a child see it for that reason.

The movie is rated R or B15 if you let a children see it, then you are really, really mad!!! so i think you didnt saw the rating to say that, man.

These collectibles would Bomb just like the Narnia ones.

Not really, i know many persons that didnt liked Narnia almost all the persons and the persons who saw Pan's Labyrinth really like it, i didnt found any person who doesnt like that movie,well, just my point of view.

An the difference is that violence sometimes sells more...........than Disney.

Cant really speak out about PF since I dont collect those. But if NECA does end up making the characters, I would without a doubt pick up a Faun, Pale man and Ofelia, hell, gimme the Captain too. He was such a good bad guy.

I'd requested something like this months ago, but YES! I believe that a limited
edition line of collectibles could be sustained for Pan's Labyrinth. I'd like:

Pale Man - 1/4 scale statue or PF
Faun - 1/4 scale statue or PF
Ophelia (red suit at end) - 1/4 scale statue or PF
Ophelia vs. Frog diorama

Others possibly, but those are the biggies I'd love to see.

And this film should not be seen by children or young adolescents, due to
the graphic violence on display. The R rating is there for a reason.

JS

As I've said before, I would definitely buy a 1/4 Faun, Im dying for one.

Also, I think a run of replicas from the film would be just fantastic. The knife/Ofelia's book/key. That would be just awesome. :rock
1/6 statues/Diorama's have a lot of potential too:D

I'd go for a Faun or Pale Man, maybe Ofelia and the fairy or frog. But I don't see how this would ever be a mainstream item, ever. But it would actually make it a real collectible not a bunch of mass produced 'collectible'.

I'd buy a faun and thin man 12inch or PF. :monkey1

Gentle giant showed a 1/4 scale faun statue a white ago which i'd love to own but no news since:duh

GG are so lazy.:mad:

111.jpg

https://www.figures.com/databases/a...gory=actionfigures&topic=166&show_article=111

Hello Necroposter :lol

I did buy their Faun Mini Bust (at a significant mark-up :monkey2) though... and would have liked to have seen more.

Hello Necroposter :lol

I did buy their Faun Mini Bust (at a significant mark-up :monkey2) though... and would have liked to have seen more.

no point in opening new threads because somethings on my mind:D

gg's mini bust was very nice but i what to see more faun sculpts.:wacky

Back