1/6 Pangaea 1/6 Greek General collectable figure All New pictures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's much, much better. Anyone know who has these and are they specifically labeled 2.0? I don't want to end up with the old bait and switch. I think the figure will still need some aftermarket tuning. I'm going to get a repaint and real hair replacement done and check out alternate bodies.

Man, I've been hesitating so long on this figure. If there's a better version/tweaked helmet, that might just tip me over the edge. KG here I come!

That's a huge size difference. How ridiculous is it that they thought the first one was actually okay.

That's much, much better. Anyone know who has these and are they specifically labeled 2.0? I don't want to end up with the old bait and switch. I think the figure will still need some aftermarket tuning. I'm going to get a repaint and real hair replacement done and check out alternate bodies.

Hi today I recieved my second Greek General from the NEW batch and guess what? The one from the second batch (RIGHT) is more screen accurate because the leather and armour are darker coloured. The hair is also a little darker. I'll try to make some better pictures in clear daylight. The box is exactly identical and also has the shiny gold proto type helmet pictured. To be honest I like the first version better (except for the helmet of course) because of the gold the armour stands out more. Although i'm very happy I have both versions now. I made some quick pictures and did not yet futz all the straps :) I bought this version also from Ebayer 7toys7 and luckily he also sent me the extra replacement helmet for my first one which I also ordered from him. IMG_0678.jpgIMG_0678.jpg IMG_0674.jpgIMG_0700.jpg20151102_221727_resized.jpg20151102_221732_resized.jpg20151102_221340_resized.jpg20151102_221602_resized.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 154
So finally Pangaea changed not only just the head, but color of: leather, armor, hair & shield!
So much for their initial statement that they will not change anything,
because they believe they made a superb figure (1st batch)!

I wonder all figures from the 2ond batch are identical (darker color scheme), or just a few?
Can someone else who received the figure now, confirm these changes also?

Question for darthsepheros - Is the darker helmet smaller than the original one? Or same size?

Hi today I recieved my second Greek General from the NEW batch and guess what? The one from the second batch (RIGHT) is more screen accurate because the leather and armour are darker coloured. The hair is also a little darker. I'll try to make some better pictures in clear daylight. The box is exactly identical and also has the shiny gold proto type helmet pictured. To be honest I like the first version better (except for the helmet of course) because of the gold the armour stands out more. Although i'm very happy I have both versions now. I made some quick pictures and did not yet futz all the straps :) I bought this version also from Ebayer 7toys7 and luckily he also sent me the extra replacement helmet for my first one which I also ordered from him. View attachment 221005View attachment 221005 View attachment 221004View attachment 221012View attachment 221016View attachment 221017View attachment 221018View attachment 221019

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

^^ is that true! But every time I ask 7toys they keep saying they are not sure if there is a new version etc! They keep saying Darker helmet that's all!

Check the address on a 7toys7 delivery, then check the address on an ACI delivery. :wink1:

I had two packets arrive on the same day direct from each company, and they were the same premises.

I'm pretty sure there are only about three separate companies involved in the entire 1/6 industry. :lol

I just visited 7toys in Hong Kong during my vacation. It's a small 1/6 shop in the basement of a shopping plaza building. I didn't explore the upper floors due to time restraint but ACI could be on the upper floors.

Judging from your pics, I much prefer the second batch.
To me it's not just about the color, but also the paint app itself. It looks much better on the new version, the (dry) brush strokes on the first one are just too evident and sloppy.
Funny that they should make the hair darker as well, though. Brad Pitt looked very blond in Troy. They should've made the body darker, to match the head sculpt. And while they were at it, they should've made the boots darker as well.
At any rate, I prefer my version with the CooModels tall body. :)

what ever happend with the helmets we were supposed to get???

I haven't heard a peep from Cotswold, which was where I purchased my Greek General. I reached out to them and they didn't even acknowledge receipt of my email.

Back