Paintworks: UPDATED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks 8-bit! Always good to hear your feedback! Which nuances in example?

no sweat man :) skin texture is a huge example that come to mind - you pick out the nuances of skin tone which is probably the most difficult part of all, imo. i see a lot of examples that just look sorta 'tan'. that's fine and all, but i'm always impressed more so with something that takes it a step beyond into something a bit more artistic and less rote :)

no sweat man :) skin texture is a huge example that come to mind - you pick out the nuances of skin tone which is probably the most difficult part of all, imo. i see a lot of examples that just look sorta 'tan'. that's fine and all, but i'm always impressed more so with something that takes it a step beyond into something a bit more artistic and less rote :)
Awesome man! You know your stuff, I'm very happy to know that you and a handful of others see my efforts in my work. That alone pays off in itself. The hardest part for me is eyes, but in due time and practice, I will be able to paint some very realistic eyes. Thanks again man! I truly appreciate your compliments and observations! Keep up the great work :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

WOW...
Incredible paintjob. So much agree with 8-Bit : skin textures are unbelievable !
Actually, do you paint it exclusively with air-brush or do you use paintbrush for some details ?

Thanks 8-bit! Means a lot man! You have no idea! Youre one of my favorite painters too man, as a matter of fact, my paint skills started getting better after I really started observing your work. Your is truly inspirational to me.
One in particual I could remember that I would look at a lot was an unmasked Jason you did with very translucent looking skin, I was losing my mind trying to figure out how its done. And I came up with decent recipe, but now sure if that's how you did it too.
Thanks again man! I'll be posting more work later.

WOW...
Incredible paintjob. So much agree with 8-Bit : skin textures are unbelievable !
Actually, do you paint it exclusively with air-brush or do you use paintbrush for some details ?

Hi Sundance! Thank you for feedback!
I only use the airbrush for the base tone and hair. All the stippling and other detail is done with a paint brush sometimes pastels are used too.

OK. Thanks for your answer. :wink1:
Like every amateur painter, I'm really looking the least information to further my technique.
The first step is to draw inspiration from artists on this site.
So inspiring.

OK. Thanks for your answer. :wink1:
Like every amateur painter, I'm really looking the least information to further my technique.
The first step is to draw inspiration from artists on this site.
So inspiring.
No problem man :)
Keep at it! It can get frustrating sometimes, but don't let that stop you. Just always try new things. Thank you!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

a96ee2e7a2847c5bfba16c6d81bacdf6.jpg
d1c74f7cf3eeffc272f932b9dc5cbbc0.jpg
04e6f35cf0237f9a09034ef95a6df0b8.jpg
ffe86f444d691cef10119b94ab586978.jpg
e7944d16926db48758bc05383680dcc5.jpg
030edb3f182e3b826e15bea432901099.jpg
244d17553faebd809ebd83bca51b0394.jpg
95d6268c045db5eaa6a69c726fe7fcc9.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back