Paint Flaking on Sabretooth LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that I stated Sideshow "might" be innocent in this particular case. Not that they are without blame. And I point out that I argue a case for Sideshow's possible not probable innocents. That being said, quality control is difficult to say the least in an unregulated country. Have any kids? Even the most watchful parent will turn their back long enough for a child to do what they aren't supposed to because kids are ALWAYS waiting for that opportunity!

And yes, they most likely are looking for the cheapest labor they can find. And while part of that blame falls on Sideshow, its nearly impossible for a company to compete that DOESNT follow the outsourcing suit! As stated before its American greed that drives these choices, however you only need one greedy party to perpetuate the trend. If you're playing cards with a cheater you have to cheat to win. You take the moral high ground and you might as well not even play.

And you can blame anyone you want for greed, ignorance or turning a blind eye, but that doesnt absolve the one committing the crime! If someone pays you to pull the trigger you're still guilty of murder even if it wasn't your idea!

If you eat a undercooked burger from McDonald's and come down with food poisoning who do you blame?

I'm sure 99% of the population would blame McDonald's and ask for compensation from the corporation and not the employee who cooked the burger. Or perhaps you want to blame it on the kid working on minimum wage. Have you ever seen a case where the customer sues the employee instead of McDonald's? It is McDonald's job to train and monitor their employees because that is who they have hired to represent them.

I agree that it isn't a perfect world and that Sideshow cannot control every aspect of production. Doesn't mean that Sideshow is free from full responsibility. No Sideshow is not innocent and they will step up to take care of the problem if they really care about their customers.

Not saying that the factory is innocent either...but who cares about where the product is made? If I have a problem I will contact and blame Sideshow because it is their product. That's just how the market works.

You all need to relax a bit.....

First of all, the fact that Sideshow make their products in China benefits us because we can get a affordable product here in the US. If you want Darkness LSB done here, for example, I bet you that the price would be a lot higher, and we already complain about the price we get now a lot of the time.

Second, if you think we would not have quality problems if things were done here, you are deluding yourself. We would still have problems and we would still be complaining, but paying a lot more for the products.

And third, we collectors are very fortunate that Sideshow has been great when it comes to customer service and they will replace your piece in a heart beat. I believe they are to blame when it comes to quality control, they are the company and they are responsible, but having said that, they understand that things happen and considering how many products they put out there, this is not so bad.

A quick question.....If I was to tell you that a large company here in the US received last year over 6 thousand complaints would you do business with them? Probably not...

If I was to tell you then that that 6 thousand represents only 1% of their whole business, would you then think that maybe that isn't so bad?

So we should complain when we get something damaged, but let's have some perspective and realize that it is not as bad as we think...

If you eat a undercooked burger from McDonald's and come down with food poisoning who do you blame?

I'm sure 99% of the population would blame McDonald's and ask for compensation from the corporation and not the employee who cooked the burger. Or perhaps you want to blame it on the kid working on minimum wage. Have you ever seen a case where the customer sues the employee instead of McDonald's? It is McDonald's job to train and monitor their employees because that is who they have hired to represent them.

I agree that it isn't a perfect world and that Sideshow cannot control every aspect of production. Doesn't mean that Sideshow is free from full responsibility. No Sideshow is not innocent and they will step up to take care of the problem if they really care about their customers.

Not saying that the factory is innocent either...but who cares about where the product is made? If I have a problem I will contact and blame Sideshow because it is their product. That's just how the market works.

Yes, you are correct, McDonalds would be sued because they are the responsible party. However, it is more then likely the kid that cooked the burger would be fired because he didnt do his job.

Also, in this scenerio I think you assume the kid made a mistake or was undertrained. And if thats the case, while it was his error that caused the issue...everyone makes mistakes. If you want to compare apples to apples though you would need to assume the undercooking was intentional. If that's the case it IS the kids fault and could such a thing be proven he would in fact face criminal charges along with any fines or law suits McDonalds might get.

You all need to relax a bit.....

First of all, the fact that Sideshow make their products in China benefits us because we can get a affordable product here in the US. If you want Darkness LSB done here, for example, I bet you that the price would be a lot higher, and we already complain about the price we get now a lot of the time.

Second, if you think we would not have quality problems if things were done here, you are deluding yourself. We would still have problems and we would still be complaining, but paying a lot more for the products.

And third, we collectors are very fortunate that Sideshow has been great when it comes to customer service and they will replace your piece in a heart beat. I believe they are to blame when it comes to quality control, they are the company and they are responsible, but having said that, they understand that things happen and considering how many products they put out there, this is not so bad.

A quick question.....If I was to tell you that a large company here in the US received last year over 6 thousand complaints would you do business with them? Probably not...

If I was to tell you then that that 6 thousand represents only 1% of their whole business, would you then think that maybe that isn't so bad?

So we should complain when we get something damaged, but let's have some perspective and realize that it is not as bad as we think...

Oh the irony :lol
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2152426#post2152426

I'm new to statues so I'm new to these paint flaking issues.
When the paint starts to flake, does that mean that all the paint on the statue will eventually come off or can the flaking just be in a few spots?
I have a statue that is about 12 years old and there are several spots where the paint has come off. Should I plan on having to repaint this statue?
Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked mine and everything seemed okay....but I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

Ya its seeming like Im one of the unlucky few maybe? E-mailed sideshow...didnt ask for a replacement. Just wanted to let them know. Maybe I should have asked for one....dont wanna send the whole bust back though!

Edit: I should point out that I am ALWAYS one of the lucky few. If there is a problem with 1 piece in a run of 10,000 it will be my piece.

You shouldn't have to. If they have replacement nameplates they will send you just the plate. They sent me a replacement tendril for Carnage, and a replacement arm for Classic Iron Man. Hopefully they will have a nameplate for you.

Is this where flaking statues are being kept track of? If so I will add my LOTR The Dark Lord Sauron statue. The base had paint flaking, luckily just in a spot on a black rock that I easily fixed with black paint.

BACK FROM THE DEAD...
So how many people here eventually returned their Sabretooth LSB? And does SS have these returns stripped and repainted for resale or do they destroy them?

BB

they said the damage on mine wasnt valid for returining... it was flaking and bubbling. i ended up selling it for a loss on ebay because the sculpt was paper thin and paint was crap

Has anyone had there's repainted professionally? I always thought the sculpt was great albeit a light, hollow one.

BB

Back