Paint Flaking on Sabretooth LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephCPR

Super Freak
Reaction score
Statues with reported flaking...

1:1 Iron Man bust
1:1 Angel of Death Hellboy II bust
Sabretooth LSB bust
Darkness LSB bust
Darkness LSB Black EX bust
Predalien Maquette
Planet Hulk vs Silver Savage Dio
Alien Queen Diorama
Venom LSB bust

I thought it would be interesting to share the info just in case you have this piece boxed up or interested in buying one in the near future.

Pics by NATRIX

p1030698b.jpg

p1030702j.jpg

Anyone has this or other issues with their collectibles? Is this just an exception? How long will our collectibles last?

Last edited:
Holy crap that's horrid i'd hate that to start happening on any of my statues.

Where do we stand if that starts to happen after owning them a year or so?

I was not aware, Thanks!

No problem.

It was a good idea to start a new thread on this so everyone can see it. I thought about it last night but I just threw it in with the other thread since everyone was talking about paint issues in that one.

I wonder if climates have anything to do with it.
I would like to know:

1. Which sculpts have cracking paint
2. Did the cracking begin when it was on display?
3. What climate do you live in if you do have cracking paint

...what it all prolly comes down to is poor paint prep.

pee yew Sideshow

I wonder if climates have anything to do with it.
I would like to know:

1. Which sculpts have cracking paint
2. Did the cracking begin when it was on display?
3. What climate do you live in if you do have cracking paint

From what I have read:

Sabretooth LSB and Darknes LSB. But I am sure there are many others. Maybe someone owning an affected piece could give a better answer

1:1 Iron Man SWS bust
1:2 Sabretooth LSB bust
1:2 Darkness LSB bust

RECALL!!

But I wonder if all those busts where painted in the same factory? Dosen't SS have a few of them over there?

Any who encounter paint flaking on any SS item at any time MUST REPORT IT TO SIDESHOW. If Sideshow doesn't hear about a problem, it does not exist. If it does not exist, they will not do anything about it... now, or in the future. Reporting a problem may not result in a return/refund, but it might eliminate similar problems in the future.

Any who encounter paint flaking on any SS item at any time MUST REPORT IT TO SIDESHOW. If Sideshow doesn't hear about a problem, it does not exist. If it does not exist, they will not do anything about it... now, or in the future. Reporting a problem may not result in a return/refund, but it might eliminate similar problems in the future.

That is a joke no way would i want to be paying £100's on a statue only for a year down the line paint starts coming off only for them to say thanks for telling us but we can't do jack for you.

They'd never get another £ out of me. :mad:

i wonder if these were all made around the same time, could have been a factor issue...hopefully Sideshow doesn't let it happen again...i too think they should freely replace or refund for those who are experiencing this especially if the cust. bought direct.

i wonder if these were all made around the same time, could have been a factor issue...hopefully Sideshow doesn't let it happen again...i too think they should freely replace or refund for those who are experiencing this especially if the cust. bought direct.

I think they'll refund those who bought it from them direct, or should. It would be wrong for them not to. But I am sure it will be a small time/window frame.

I just checked my Sabretooth LSB thanks to this thread and it has a 2 inch long crack in the paint :monkey4. it doesn't seem to be peeling yet but the crack wasn't there when I bought it as I check every item I buy so if there is any problems I can return them. I am going to have to check all 17 of my LSB's to see if any other ones have started peeling or cracking. Thanks for starting the thread and pointing this out and it might be a good idea for anyone else with one to check there's out also.

cheers

Back