Padme AOTC Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I no doubt would also like to see more Original Trilogy stuff too. But then again, I'm no prequel fan. It's visually interesting, but nothing has the emotional pull that the OT does for me...

This piece is cool though. the pillar is tall, enough to fit the Nexxu on....can't recall the exact height. (and it's one AWESOME Nexxu sculpt, trust me. The artistry on that wowed me when I saw it)
Trev

Who sculpted this, Trev? The Nexu looks really, really good, but I can't tell if Padmé is on the same level from this angle. Her lips seem too dark, though.

And if the entire pillar is included, well, how are the other two dios coming together? And how come we haven't seen any of your SW dios since the Dookurama, Master Gore?

:joy

"Hay guys! Let's make an expensive dio of a weak character who was poorly portrayed in the first place from a scene that TOTALLY meant nothing!"

Now, now. How is Padmé a weak character, again?

And really, you can't fault this choice -- it's the only one in the six movies that offers the possibility of a three-part diorama, the SW equivalent of the megapopular Marvel X-Men dio. This has nothing to do with AOTC being anything but a fan-favorite episode, really.

Now, now. How is Padmé a weak character, again?

And really, you can't fault this choice -- it's the only one in the six movies that offers the possibility of a three-part diorama, the SW equivalent of the megapopular Marvel X-Men dio. This has nothing to do with AOTC being anything but a fan-favorite episode, really.

Just an opinion, can't argue an opinion:D

I think she's weak, there was almost NO character to her. She was 1 dimensional and had no personality.

Also, as far as the choice goes, I think it is. The scene, at that moment, is NOT worth, to me, spending dio-high money on. It's not an epic climax or huge story changing battle. Not until Mace cuts off Jangos head it isn't.

Again, just my opinion, no offense to anyone though.

Okay, by the same standards, Padmé is an exceptionally well-rounded character, with many shades to her.

Her official side -- the queen and the senator, idealist and brave, willing to stand before the Galactic Senate and demand justice even at a very young age.

Her private side -- being perfectly willing to walk around Mos Espa attired as a commoner and befriend little kids who say "Yippee" -- no hubris to her, even with all the above.

Her leading side -- she's the first ruler of Naboo to actually accept the Gungans as equals, not as an inferior race, and this unites the planet and brings the ultimate victory over the Trade Federation.

Her heroic side -- battling battle droids and creatures and releasing her own shackles with no help from the Jedi. No damsel in distress here!

Her intimate side -- willing to put everything on stake for her love of Anakin, up to her last breath.

See? And I haven't even mentioned that she's hot, to boot.

Counter this. :D

I agree that this isn't an emotionally powerful piece like the other VS pieces have been, but I do think it's a moment that lends well to diorama. I love my Spider-Man 3 statue and the faux stone they made is really cool, so the pillar for this dio ought to look impressive, Padme herself looks doen very well, and the Nexu's a cool creature to have and this is likely the only way we'll ever see one from Sideshow, though a 1/6 would be sweet. This one will catch attention in a display for the visuals, not the emotion, but will still look nice. Personally, I find it a more interesting moment than "Look sir, droids" and the "Slug". I like both of those as well, though I don't own either (maybe with some luck I can win the Slug tomorrow :) ), but they're pretty calm moments to choose for a diorama compared to this new dio, I think it better utilizes the format and scale.

Trev, did you sculpt Padme for this, is that why you've seen the Nexu, and someone else did the pillar and Nexu sculpts?

031308padmedio.jpg

I think this looks like a great dio. Padme's outfit and this particular moment had a great Buck Rogers/"Old School SW" feel to it. This is her most iconic look outside of the Theed invasion gown and will be SS's best representation of that outfit unless they do a PF.

I don't know that I'd have any interest in getting Anakin/Reek, Obi-Wan/Acklay dios to go with this, I actually think this stands pretty well on its own.

I wonder how much it will cost.

This dio is very cool to look at but its not really capturing many of our hearts because most people think AOTC was not a great film..

Even though I'm not a big AOTC fan, I'd love to see the nexu in 1/6th scale.

Same here, and as far as size, it's one of the few creatures besides Jabba that's easily doable, though a Reek could be done, it's be about the same size as Jabba, and doesn't have to be articulated, just able for an AOTC Anakin to sit atop it with Padme.

Depending if it fits inside a Detolf, I most likely be getting this. I already have three SW dioramas so far in my collection, so might as well keep going.

Depending if it fits inside a Detolf, I most likely be getting this. I already have three SW dioramas so far in my collection, so might as well keep going.

Too bad two of those won't fit in a Detolf :emperor

031308padmedio.jpg

I think this looks like a great dio. Padme's outfit and this particular moment had a great Buck Rogers/"Old School SW" feel to it. This is her most iconic look outside of the Theed invasion gown and will be SS's best representation of that outfit unless they do a PF.

I don't know that I'd have any interest in getting Anakin/Reek, Obi-Wan/Acklay dios to go with this, I actually think this stands pretty well on its own.

I wonder how much it will cost.

The more I examine this dio the more I'm slipping to the "will" purchase side. I'd guess that it'll be $199 and with the height it should make for an interesting piece.

I sculpted the padme figure, and that's all. the pillar and amazing Nexxu were sculpted by another artist...Who's name, I honestly don't know, but they made an amazing creature sculpt

Trev

It looks great so far.. probably won't get it.. but I can't wait to see the whole thing!!!

I sculpted the padme figure, and that's all. the pillar and amazing Nexxu were sculpted by another artist...Who's name, I honestly don't know, but they made an amazing creature sculpt

Trev

Based on your Padme 1/6 work and your other dios, I'm sure this'll be impressive beyond this first image which is nice too.

It's kinda cool that no single artists is tasked with some of these more involved dios.

Trev

That weird bun in her hair must have been interesting to sculpt.

Back