Padme AOTC Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be nothing at all, just a means to support the pillar and figures, like the ALIENS diorama.

9103_press03-001.jpg

Hmmm... That'd be interesting.

If the did something like that, I'd guess it'd be a round disc similar to what the Obi-Wan vs Anakin dio atop.

I could live with that.:D

But I don't think that two more releases (one of Anakin facing his beast and Obi with his) would be needed. This one should b able to stand on its own-- and it is great that SSC completely surprise us with this dio offering with everyone 100% sure that it would be an OT lightsaber fight (most noticeably in front of the Emperor from ROTJ)... But don't get me wrong SSC, we do HOPE that dio (well for me it's a Luke vs. Vader from ESB that I'm hoping for) is in the works.

Bring on the OT!

I think the choice of this one was both the creature opportunity as well as the character showcase. Whatever you think of Padme as a character, I'm sure some see her taking things in her own hands during the arena battle as a strong show of her strength and resolve so this diorama best represents her character from AOTC, even if a sexier outfit better represents Natalie for us.

As for the other creatures and executees, Obi-Wan and Acklay would be huge, so I don't see an Arena Obi-Wan unless they did something like Obi-Wan and Mace back to back whirling sabers like they were, which would be the only other scenario to best use the dio format from there, and Anakin and Reek is possible, but going along the lines of doing this for Padme, Anakin in the Tusken village would be more appropriate for his character, that or a diorama of the wedding or some other Ani-Padme moment, or Obi-Wan and Anakin when they first walk in to face Dooku, that'd be really cool to me, but probably not a lot of folks.

I think the choice of this one was both the creature opportunity as well as the character showcase. Whatever you think of Padme as a character, I'm sure some see her taking things in her own hands during the arena battle as a strong show of her strength and resolve so this diorama best represents her character from AOTC, even if a sexier outfit better represents Natalie for us.

As for the other creatures and executees, Obi-Wan and Acklay would be huge, so I don't see an Arena Obi-Wan unless they did something like Obi-Wan and Mace back to back whirling sabers like they were, which would be the only other scenario to best use the dio format from there, and Anakin and Reek is possible, but going along the lines of doing this for Padme, Anakin in the Tusken village would be more appropriate for his character, that or a diorama of the wedding or some other Ani-Padme moment, or Obi-Wan and Anakin when they first walk in to face Dooku, that'd be really cool to me, but probably not a lot of folks.

Padme wasn't the best character but I by no means disliked her. In fact, as I've written before numerous times I'd love for them to do a PF of her Geonosis Arena look.

I liked her but for what they edited her down to in ROTS, but that was editing, not performance, some of the political Deleted Scenes really continued her character nicely. I just know some around this thread have already expressed disinterest in her character.

I liked her but for what they edited her down to in ROTS, but that was editing, not performance, some of the political Deleted Scenes really continued her character nicely. I just know some around this thread have already expressed disinterest in her character.

Well as far as ROTS goes she WAS incredibly underutilized... But the iconic look of Queen Amidala of Naboo or Padme in the Geonosis Arena, either would be a welcome addition to my PF SW collection... and we could definitely use a few more from the PT.

Price point on this one though, $199? Or higher?

This is different. I was fully expecting a p.t. dio announcement next.

Pretty cool looking, but, a pass for me.

I am with KitFisto. I'm just not much of a dio collector.

I'm kinda glad that sideshow is doing some of these more off the wall dios. It gives the die hard collectors a nice diverse collection, while giving alot of opportunity for people who only pick and choose to have some space to breath in between releases. So far I think all of them have been cool and if someone wanted to buy them all for me and a place to keep them I would gratefully accept. :lol

I'm kinda glad that sideshow is doing some of these more off the wall dios. It gives the die hard collectors a nice diverse collection, while giving alot of opportunity for people who only pick and choose to have some space to breath in between releases. So far I think all of them have been cool and if someone wanted to buy them all for me and a place to keep them I would gratefully accept. :lol

I think you've had one too many rum and cokes Dean.:lol

Yeah, so what else is new?

Nothing (he said as he downed another frothy Canadian beverage of choice).:D Same ol same ol.

But they are a great line--- I've got the Obi vs. Anakin and the Dooku vs. Yoda (Faux version) not to mention the other two (Look Sir Droids and This Is No Cave). Once you get into the line you'll be hooked.

I broke down and bought the Obi vs. Ani when they announced DotF, I already had Yoda vs. Dooku on order. The next one I want is Luke and Vader with sabers crossed in front of Palps sitting on this throne. Then a Luke vs. Vader on Bespin and Obi vs. Vader (AKA Obi vs. Ani part II) and I can get out of the diorama line.

Yeah right. But that's my goal anyways, so far so good. Although I can think of a few others that will be darn tempting.

Padme wasn't the best character but I by no means disliked her. In fact, as I've written before numerous times I'd love for them to do a PF of her Geonosis Arena look.

Thats my wish too, a ripped top, with blaster in her hand and we know SS can do tight clothes (just look at 7 of 9).

Add to that, it would make a perfect mother and daughter PF to go with my Leia one. So thats the next SW statue that I'm waiting for, I'll pass on others.

I like it. Curious to see how much it will cost. I only have the "Look Sir, Droids" diorama so far. And am hoping to win the space slug in yesterday's contest (PULLEEEEEEEZE!). But I have to pass on the expensive dioramas. I just can't afford them right now, in addition to all of the stuff I regularly get. But I do like them, very much...

I like it. Curious to see how much it will cost. I only have the "Look Sir, Droids" diorama so far. And am hoping to win the space slug in yesterday's contest (PULLEEEEEEEZE!). But I have to pass on the expensive dioramas. I just can't afford them right now, in addition to all of the stuff I regularly get. But I do like them, very much...

If the small dios are the most you can work into your budget, I don't think you'll be able to work this one in, I'd expect it to be at least $200.

Was the space slug yesterday? When I went to the webpage to enter I thought it said it was the 8th. Dagnabbit.

Back