Padme AOTC Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cool exclusive would be a little dead geonosian to lay on the ground.

I'm pretty sure the entire pillar won't be sculpted. If they did it would probably be around three feet tall. I'm glad that it'll still be tall though. The Crack of Doom diorama lost a lot of impact having a base only two inches high.

I will be surprised if there is an exclusive (other than a limited faux bronze).

I hope they do a post swipe as I said early in this thread but I don't expect an exclusive. I also hope they stop with the faux bronze too honestly. If you're gonna do an exclusive then do like no swipe and post swipe on this.

Continually missing out on the bronze exclusives by a few minutes is starting to get me turned off a bit from collecting the other stuff. Think of all the money I will save!

Continually missing out on the bronze exclusives by a few minutes is starting to get me turned off a bit from collecting the other stuff. Think of all the money I will save!

I've had a chance to get everyone myself. Including the LOTR piece last night but to me they're just not worth getting. Where as if it was a changed sculpt to Padme I would consider getting not only 1 but both. I've done that with a few of the 1:6th figures but to me these pieces are only for those that "must" have the most limited items in their collection or people looking to flip them.

Okay, by the same standards, Padmé is an exceptionally well-rounded character, with many shades to her.

Her official side -- the queen and the senator, idealist and brave, willing to stand before the Galactic Senate and demand justice even at a very young age.

Her private side -- being perfectly willing to walk around Mos Espa attired as a commoner and befriend little kids who say "Yippee" -- no hubris to her, even with all the above.

Her leading side -- she's the first ruler of Naboo to actually accept the Gungans as equals, not as an inferior race, and this unites the planet and brings the ultimate victory over the Trade Federation.

Her heroic side -- battling battle droids and creatures and releasing her own shackles with no help from the Jedi. No damsel in distress here!

Her intimate side -- willing to put everything on stake for her love of Anakin, up to her last breath.

See? And I haven't even mentioned that she's hot, to boot.

Counter this. :D

The only reason you thought all of that up is because she is hot iyo.

Yeah, I'm very happy that many artists are utilized for some of these pieces. It really is the best way to do things...like a movie, you get all sorts of different people involved for the best result. I could NEVER sculpt a creature as cool as this one is, for instance. it would have taken half a year to get close.

I was moderately happy with Padme, but she can be a tough one. Simple beauty is really tough to capture in a face, and she also had to feel involved with the attack of the beast. we'll see if it works when more pics are released. (I know for sure the creature works)

the hair bun is very weird. it's tough to figure out how its weaving in and out of itself while trying to make it feel realistic. (i.e. so you can follow each loop through and see where it comes out and weaves back in)

the pillar isn't complete, as if it were, it would probably stand closer to five feet tall! :D it's probably about a foot tall in the dio, I'd guess... looked great!
Trev

I worked on a 1/6th pillar for a while before abandoning it and I wasn't going to make it more than 3ft tall and I didn't feel it was grossly out of scale.

I think its probably a good idea though to make it a partial because it would leave a lot of negative space.

I hope they do a post swipe as I said early in this thread but I don't expect an exclusive. I also hope they stop with the faux bronze too honestly. If you're gonna do an exclusive then do like no swipe and post swipe on this.

Shut your mouth.:monkey1

I'm jus' talkin' bout faux bronze.:monkey3

I can dig it.:D

I think its probably a good idea though to make it a partial because it would leave a lot of negative space.

Totally. As much as the craftsmanship on the pillar will be as much a part of this piece, the pillar is merely and instrument for putting the two characters together, so you only need enough to get a full bodied Nexu in there.

Totally. As much as the craftsmanship on the pillar will be as much a part of this piece, the pillar is merely and instrument for putting the two characters together, so you only need enough to get a full bodied Nexu in there.

That brings up the question of the base-- which if it were the full pillar (which we know it won't be) we'd have a nice Geonosis Arena dirt/sand/rock base... what'll it be if it's where the pillar's middle is?...

That brings up the question of the base-- which if it were the full pillar (which we know it won't be) we'd have a nice Geonosis Arena dirt/sand/rock base... what'll it be if it's where the pillar's middle is?...

It may be nothing at all, just a means to support the pillar and figures, like the ALIENS diorama.

9103_press03-001.jpg

the pillar isn't complete, as if it were, it would probably stand closer to five feet tall! it's probably about a foot tall in the dio, I'd guess... looked great!

If it's a foot, it will definitely fit in a Detolf, which means I can order it! :duff

Back