Statue Pacific Rim - Slattern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Otachi should be an SH MonsterArts and a sideshow statue. As a statue,I can see it being hard to decide which one to pick, winged or not. I guess it's possible to make the wings attachable and the tail detachable.

What would be cool is a big *** diorama with Otachi carrying Gipsy in the moment right before Gipsy cuts her in half. So sword out, ready to strike and Otachi full wing spread.

Tuff to say anymore seems a lot of stuff gets labelled Maquette. What I see is a lot of expensive statues. Don’t get me wrong they are nice statues. :monkey3

As I see it a statue represents a character. Dynamic and shows a personality, how it may act. Like what we have with Slattern here.

A Marquette is a sculpture used in the design process of a character. Like a 3D reference for animators etc.

A Marquette is a sculpture used in the design process of a character. Like a 3D reference for animators etc.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnope. Their 1/6 LotR line is maquette and all of them are random Sideshow's fantasy done by random sculptors.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnope. Their 1/6 LotR line is maquette and all of them are random Sideshow's fantasy done by random sculptors.

I haven’t looked much into the Lotr stuff but it was shown in this thread how loosely sideshow use the title. The ADI Predalien yes. Sideshow Dinosauria not so much.

But hey I’m just going on what a Maquette is. In this collecting world I could be all wrong?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126683

Now it's clear, there is no precise identification between maquette and statue. Thanks for the explanation

Okay now an Otachi I might be interested in Buying. And to everyone that thinks I hate this statue, I dont. I think it's pretty awesome. My gripe has more to do with SSC's costs per these statues.

Yeah this was definitely one of those fingers hovering over the pay button muttering “But I really want it…” :lol
Though this price has got me a little worried for some of the other stuff I’m waiting on that hasn’t been put up for order yet.

Just placed my deposit on a preorder at fanboy Collectibles for this bad boy. First official SS statue purchase!

Today, we are cancelling the Pre Orders!!!

For me there isn’t anything wrong with this statue at all but shrinking space needs to be taken up by beloved characters.

Could've been better if it's Otachi...
No, it would've been better IF Slattern wasn't so useless in the movie. I wish there's more of him in final battle.

Hey guys I'm looking to buy one of the statues from the Pacific Rim line either Slattern or Knifehead but does anyone know what the shipping will be like on these? with me being in Australia. Just trying to figure out if it worth it buying from local shops but the prices here can be a bit over the top. Any help would be much appreciated thanks!

Hey guys I'm looking to buy one of the statues from the Pacific Rim line either Slattern or Knifehead but does anyone know what the shipping will be like on these? with me being in Australia. Just trying to figure out if it worth it buying from local shops but the prices here can be a bit over the top. Any help would be much appreciated thanks!

I don't know, hopefully someone can give a price from a similar size statue. UPS and FedEx prices are going up soon, so factor that in even if you get a quote from someone.

I see this is an old post, but shipping to Australia will be over $130 :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ouch, that is pricey... Plus the tax too

No tax if it's under $1000. You can get it from Popcultcha for $629 including shipping. Depends what transfer rate you get but usually ordering from SS direct is just a bit cheaper even with the shipping.

I'd be really surprised if the poster that said $130 was true, I've had bigger statues than this for less. I'd guess at $90 tops.

Anything over a $1000 you probably want to buy locally unless it's an EX you want.

A guy over on SF has received this already, apparently it has a light up feature! Really looking forward to seeing in hand pictures from anybody that ordered this one...

Oh **** that's right. This comes soon. I've paid 10% of it at alterego I think. Wonder when they'll get it.

It looks that it came out great, even though the light up pales in comparison to the one from knife head , photo from Jayme Glover (posted at fb group).

10488010_10152217859502123_3828509186393477124_n-2.jpg

Back