Statue Pacific Rim - Slattern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh, very expensive drugs!

I'm new to SS models, and want to understand. pls. don't get me wrong, but what's the fuss with the price of 23" Slattern?
Looking on SS website i see lets say 15" Raynor that costs more.
Speaking in absolutes yes they cost a lot. But i come from resin models, that are not priced less and they come unpainted and unassembled.

I imagine there are some other issues i'm not catching :cuckoo:

I'm new to SS models, and want to understand. pls. don't get me wrong, but what's the fuss with the price of 23" Slattern?
Looking on SS website i see lets say 15" Raynor that costs more.
Speaking in absolutes yes they cost a lot. But i come from resin models, that are not priced less and they come unpainted and unassembled.

I imagine there are some other issues i'm not catching :cuckoo:

Hi there and :welcome to the board.
As you are new you will not of noticed the steady price rise with, what seems like, every release combined with drop in quality control and customer service.

Hi there and :welcome to the board.
As you are new you will not of noticed the steady price rise with, what seems like, every release combined with drop in quality control and customer service.

There's no doubt that Sideshow's QA has been lacking...however having said that, the last seven statues I've received have been fantastically executed by Sideshow.

Just look at the recent Shaak Ti PF release. With the exception of a handful of issues, the majority of the Shaak Ti PFs being received by Freaks are amazing.

IMO the QA is improving. Slowly...but it is improving. That's not to say that Sideshow won't have some hiccups here and there, there'll always be statues with issues.

As for Sideshow's CS department and statue prices:

I have never had any problems with Sideshow's CS department, they have been courteous and helpful towards me every time I've called in. So until I do, their CS department is still the best in the hobby. JMO.

The prices are rising but then again so are the prices on everything else in this country.

Do I like the high prices? Hell no but I do understand that the process to make these collectibles isn't cheap. But that still doesn't make it easier on my wallet. :lol

I hope you don't think I'm picking on you because I'm not, just giving my 2¢.

:duff :peace

You are more than entitled to your opinion :hi5:

I rarely order direct from SS but what I've been reading is more offers of small credits or discounts rather than offers of replacements.
If I'm spending a few hundred pounds, dollars, on a luxury item I don't want to focus on the small chip or paint blemish every time I look at it.
They replaced my Dutch body with out any problems but, as said, they seem less willing to do it recently.
Yeh prices go up, fact of life.

I'm getting off now anyway before I'm accused of being here purely to diss a statue :wave
I'm interested in everything SS produce wether I like it or not, and interested in other peoples views.

And before someone quotes my 'it's crap' comment that is my view on this piece and the price :rotfl

Last edited:
I see the point, price increase in a hobby expensive like this will make angry every collector. The issue with quality control / eventual problems with replacement it's the reason i ordered directly from SS and not any independent retailer. Crossing the fingers i'll never have issues (small chips i can repaint, i fear major damage or warpage) in case this will happen i'll hope SS will keep word about what they say on their website and replace the statue.

I repeat, i'm a complete newbie in this hobby, but usually when the price rise the quality of items will rise accordingly, and not lower. Collectorcol what you are saying me it's driving me mad with anxiety :)

You are more than entitled to your opinion :hi5:

I rarely order direct from SS but what I've been reading is more offers of small credits or discounts rather than offers of replacements.
If I'm spending a few hundred pounds, dollars, on a luxury item I don't want to focus on the small chip or paint blemish every time I look at it.
They replaced my Dutch body with out any problems but, as said, they seem less willing to do it recently.
Yeh prices go up, fact of life.

I'm getting off now anyway before I'm accused of being here purely to diss a statue :wave
I'm interested in everything SS produce wether I like it or not, and interested in other peoples views.

And before someone quotes my 'it's crap' comment that is my view on this piece and the price :rotfl
:exactly::goodpost:
Im totally with you on the "It's crap" comment because you're totally right! 110 %. No name, no size and $470 is way too much to ask collectors to pay for something that they may or may not want. $500-$700 dollars on a popular license that is also 26-30" high i can understand (material, dimensions, weight, overall craftmanship). This is retarded (no offense to anyone).
IMO I think it has to do with cost of manufacturing in China and overall inflation more than anything else. Still to charge $400 for Batman and Supes (24 and 25") with way more work to them (and Exclusives versions) and then charge $70 more for something that wont sell out for at least a year IF that, is just plain dumb and starting to be a REAL GOUGE as opposed what we normally complalin about.

I can understand speaking of high price, but saying this statue looks like crap... oh man...
Anyway beauty it's in the eye of the beholder.

I have read all your viewpoints on this piece coming out and the Opulent Price they are demanding for said Piece, "Insulting"

I have also noticed that the Q & A has became better from what I have seen lately with other pieces but that is NOT something that should be passed on to the Customer, it's there Fault for being asleep at the wheel, they should eat it not us.

It just goes to show one the Mentality of Entitlement in todays Society, Unbelievable

Rant Provided by Colossus

I have read all your viewpoints on this piece coming out and the Opulent Price they are demanding for said Piece, "Insulting"

I have also noticed that the Q & A has became better from what I have seen lately with other pieces but that is NOT something that should be passed on to the Customer, it's there Fault for being asleep at the wheel, they should eat it not us.

It just goes to show one the Mentality of Entitlement in todays Society, Unbelievable

Rant Provided by Colossus

:exactly::goodpost:

I wonder why he's listed for more than the Sideshow retail price at $499 on BigBadToyStore. Maybe because they're not charging a NRD or something.

I think I'm gonna order this as my first sideshow statue. I think it looks awesome, much better than the knifehead and gipsy statues. For knifehead and gipsy I'm going NECA 18", which should actually look pretty cool next to this Slattern statue.

I'm going to keep my BBTS preorders for knifehead and gipsy statues for now, but will likely cancel eventually. But for Slattern I'm gonna go through fanboy collectibles, where it should be $470 after shipping, and just $430 out of pocket when it hits.

Now here's hoping, no, demanding!, that they release an Otachi statue.

At least i'm not the only one that like this statue, i was starting feeling lonlely :)

Since i'm in love with big monsters and the budget it's at his max
(i preordered Knifehead ad Slattern), i'll not buy any Jaegers.
But if SS will make an Otachi statue... i think i'll buy it without thinking twice!
Pity one of my favourite Kaiju designs, Mutavore, didn't get much attention. I think it would make a nice statue too.

I'm new to all this stuff, in your opinion could SS make other P.Rim
statues or these 4 statues are all what we'll see?

You’re definitely not the only one that likes it :hi5:

Kaiju all the way for me too the only Jaeger I would buy would be Cherno Alpha.
Not sure if sideshow will do more but I’m leaning towards no. They could at a later point but the line of statues I have gotten into the past year have all ended at four pieces. I imagine the next giant monster we see from them would be Godzilla from the upcoming movie.

You’re definitely not the only one that likes it :hi5:

Kaiju all the way for me too the only Jaeger I would buy would be Cherno Alpha.
Not sure if sideshow will do more but I’m leaning towards no. They could at a later point but the line of statues I have gotten into the past year have all ended at four pieces. I imagine the next giant monster we see from them would be Godzilla from the upcoming movie.

:hi5: nice to hear it!

So to add another Kaiju to my collection well, i'll have to wait for Godzilla then...

:hi5: nice to hear it!

So to add another Kaiju to my collection well, i'll have to wait for Godzilla then...

I can’t say 100% that they wont but I think they will be done with this line after Striker. They may at some stage do more but with the amount of stuff they put out four seems the max. I would love to see a stand alone Maquette of Otachi :pray:

Neca might release more 18” Kaiju if Knifehead does well?

I'm shocked and annoyed that NO ONE has announced any plans for an Otachi figure/statue of any kind. She was the modt heavily featured, and coolest, of all the Kaiju in the movie. Hell, there was even a mini-Otachi. Any Otachi figure I'm buying!

I can Kinda see why we haven’t seen an Otachi figure Yet. Neca like to deliver accuracy and keep the price down, Otachi looks more complex and could be a challenge sticking with both looks and price. Though they have said they don’t have plans at the moment I’m confident they will tackle her. :impatient:

No excuse for not having a statue! She should have been the first one out the gate for sideshow. I like Knifehead but Otachi would have been a better choice.

I can’t say 100% that they wont but I think they will be done with this line after Striker. They may at some stage do more but with the amount of stuff they put out four seems the max. I would love to see a stand alone Maquette of Otachi :pray:

Neca might release more 18” Kaiju if Knifehead does well?

I'm no action figures fan, so no Neca for me, but a SS Otachi would be beautiful :D
As i'm a newbie, what's the difference between a maquette and a statue?

Back