Statue Pacific Rim - Gipsy Danger Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really cannot help but wonder why the swords are not a switch out option here. Were they afraid it would be a spoiler or something :lol

It's really odd.

The addition of a light up feature would make me consider it despite the goofy pose and lack of switch outs.

What's really baffling is Sideshow's decision to post promo shots staged in dim light, which only emphasises how much the lack of lights hurts the piece. Strange choice!

I really cannot help but wonder why the swords are not a switch out option here. Were they afraid it would be a spoiler or something :lol

It's really odd.

That and the price were the main reasons why I didn't preorder. I cant stand the hands. The pose would have been fine with a sword and plasma caster.

Apart from the pose and the fact that we won't be having switchable hand options there is an inaccuracy in the statue: The nuclear reactor in its chest. It clearly indicates in the movie, images over the internet, in books and other references that the reactor GLOWS when the Gypsy Danger is active but instead SS decided to leave it black :/ Paying $399 for something inaccurate and with a boring pose like that is really not worth it, even though I was very looking forward to this.

Mr. BoJangles really is insulted by the "stupid pose" comments...he invented it!
shirley-temple-bojangles-1935_zpsa0159a3c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow, a lot of threadcrappers in here.

It amazes me how much of that I see daily on the board. :slap

Only positive comments allowed then?
I will say it as it is. Everyone has made a valid point, price, pose, size and lack of lights or switch outs not just said it's crap for no reason.
Sorry if that upsets you but we are all entitled to our opinion and no one is forcing you to read. :wave

Hmm, I was keen on this one initially, the detail is really good even if the pose was so-so.

However...

It's 400 bucks, there's no EX and there's no ES atm. That has tempered my enthusiasm somewhat. That's not chump-change it's almost half a grand so hard to justify it when there's other interesting stuff about.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a really nice line on the whole, it's just a lot for a new franchise and makes you wonder if it's worth investing in the line, especially if the film is a one-off. I like it but I don't love it, and maybe you gotta love it to spend that sort of cash.

It's the incessant nature of the bemoaning that grates on some of us. I'm all for someone stating their opinion, not placing an order, and moving on.

Incessant moaning?
I'm interested in what Sideshow do and what collectors views are wether I like the item or not.
I never even entered this thread until the preorder went up. I was shocked at the price so come here to see general opinion.
I'll happily read positive and negative comment as that is the nature of opinions :lecture

You don't understand me.

I mean someone repeating their same negative opinion over and over and over again in a thread on an item they have no stake in, neither as a lover of the source material, nor as a buyer of the item.

I'm not buying this, but it's still mildly annoying to see that behavior in most threads these days.

I'll just take my leave of this thread now. :wave

You don't understand me.

I mean someone repeating their same negative opinion over and over and over again in a thread on an item they have no stake in, neither as a lover of the source material, nor as a buyer of the item.

I'm not buying this, but it's still mildly annoying to see that behavior in most threads these days.

I'll just take my leave of this thread now. :wave

Well said. :lecture

You two are making more if a fuss than anyone else in here :lol

Who exactly is making the same negative comments over and over again?

Apart from you two! :dunno

Back