Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this has been discussed already but I was just looking again at the pix of the grey version and having a hard time understanding why it has the neck seam too. Even though there is only the one head. That plus the different textures between the head and neck. :dunno

View attachment 219565

To eliminate the head and neck seam the entire body would have had to have been completely remolded and recast. There was no way that was going to happen.

IMO, gray Hulk is the best of the bunch. Too bad SSC didn't just have the head on it fixed to the body. Since there is no COH for it, there is no reason for an unsightly seam.

IMO, gray Hulk is the best of the bunch. Too bad SSC didn't just have the head on it fixed to the body. Since there is no COH for it, there is no reason for an unsightly seam.

Being completely honest I have never been the biggest fan of McFarlane on the Hulk so the COH option woul appeal to me. just wish SSC had pulled the pin on a Sales, Keown, or Pelletier style Grey COH...lol.

To eliminate the head and neck seam the entire body would have had to have been completely remolded and recast. There was no way that was going to happen.

Its kind of ironic though isn't it? My impression from this thread is that not many people want to display the green with the regular head. So if the green one had been designed with only the one "exclusive" head then the original sculpting and molding for all versions could have been done without having to have a seam.

Mine appeared to be in near perfect condition, I will say though that the seam would be way less noticeable if the texture was carried on to the head. just makes the seam stick out that much more. still happy with it though, as it's a very impressive piece.

Its kind of ironic though isn't it? My impression from this thread is that not many people want to display the green with the regular head. So if the green one had been designed with only the one "exclusive" head then the original sculpting and molding for all versions could have been done without having to have a seam.

Both the Rulk and the Green have switchout heads though, so unless you wanted all three Hulks to look identical then there was always going to be a neck seam. I can only think of a couple of incidents where SSC made a varient of a statue and took it back to remold and cast it entirely. The Hulk Comiquettes with the different hairsculpts, though those could have been keyed to be glued on seperately, and the Iron Spider and BIB Spiderman Comiquettes. I am not arguing with you that it could have been done, but once they had decided this was the path they were taking, varients with all the same pose, then the head seams were a foregone conclusion from a financial stand point. I would be shocked if all of the bodies on these weren't all molded and cast at the same time.

Mine appeared to be in near perfect condition, I will say though that the seam would be way less noticeable if the texture was carried on to the head. just makes the seam stick out that much more. still happy with it though, as it's a very impressive piece.

Yeah I agree, and like I said on the previous pages think it has a lot to do with how the Grey and Green portraits were sculpted digitally, and the clean up used afterwards.

Last edited:
Where is the thread for Spooktacular? Also if any one wants to take over my reg Halimaw Maestro on throne PM me.

As far as eliminating the seam I don't know why the new wouldn't tuck under/into the chin/jaw so it sits deep inside the head. Even with how it is now I don't see why that isn't what was done versus it meeting the jaw.

Grey Hulk converted

Thinking I might have to cancel

I'm on the fence, too. Green will be here by the end of the week, and I'll make a decision then. I've said it before and I think I'm still convinced--the green EX head on the grey body (colors matching, of course!)--is what I'd like. Just not a fan of the grey's face.

As far as eliminating the seam I don't know why the new wouldn't tuck under/into the chin/jaw so it sits deep inside the head. Even with how it is now I don't see why that isn't what was done versus it meeting the jaw.

I don't think there were many solutions to hiding the sea, on the Green and the Grey without changing what Andy B had sculpted. In other wards I think ou would have had to alter a masters sculpt drastically to get it done. Now the Rulks heads hide it better as they were sculpted ON the body to begin with. I tnk the paint let those heads down a little

Grey Hulk converted

Thinking I might have to cancel

I'm on the fence, too. Green will be here by the end of the week, and I'll make a decision then. I've said it before and I think I'm still convinced--the green EX head on the grey body (colors matching, of course!)--is what I'd like. Just not a fan of the grey's face.

There are a few custom heads coming out for the Grey. Matthew Scrivens on FB has a killer one coming.

I don't think there were many solutions to hiding the sea, on the Green and the Grey without changing what Andy B had sculpted. In other wards I think ou would have had to alter a masters sculpt drastically to get it done. Now the Rulks heads hide it better as they were sculpted ON the body to begin with. I tnk the paint let those heads down a little

I understand what your are saying but what I am saying is change the sculpt on the heads themselves to better attach. Rather then the neck meet the jaw have the jaw overlap the neck when they get inserted. There is no excuse for this not to be the case in so many other statues they do just this. This is a minor change that could be done on every head easy for every color hulk and in fact the more I think about it the more I am agreeing with myself lol

There are a few custom heads coming out for the Grey. Matthew Scrivens on FB has a killer one coming.

Any pics? :D

Oh well same response sorry no replacements left for chip base and body. The ex head that was worst than others didn't even fit near the neck. They did offer the new one. So it's tough to decide now. They offered 30.00 refund for the chips. It would cost more than that to fix it for sure. So after waiting a year and I do like this hulk and want him in my collection. It's either return it or suck it up take the damage flawed statue and have no ss ex hulk that I want. The teeth is a no go of course since its a paint flaw. Hmmmm....
Ok I will suffer and keep it because I need this hulk in my collection if I ever do sell it I better drop it by 150.00 to 200.00 for the chips and scrapes. :monkey2
I will think it over a day or two then email them back. No other choices at this point for a green hulk PF. This one is my favorite to own other than GH. Wished they could have at least offered 80.00 would have been a bit better.

Last edited:
Oh well same response sorry no replacements left for chip base and body. The ex head that was worst than others didn't even fit near the neck. They did offer the new one. So it's tough to decide now. They offered 30.00 refund for the chips. It would cost more than that to fix it for sure. So after waiting a year and I do like this hulk and want him in my collection. It's either return it or suck it up take the damage flawed statue and have no ss ex hulk that I want. The teeth is a no go of course since its a paint flaw. Hmmmm....
Ok I will suffer and keep it because I need this hulk in my collection if I ever do sell it I better drop it by 150.00 to 200.00 for the chips and scrapes. :monkey2
I will think it over a day or two then email them back. No other choices at this point for a green hulk PF. This one is my favorite to own other than GH. Wished they could have at least offered 80.00 would have been a bit better.

If you're really not happy and don't want to sell it for a loss then return it. There will definitely be more Hulk statues coming. This isn't the last Hulk statue. In fact it's like the 11th in the past 8 years at least I think lol.

30020831_press01.jpg
30020831_press02.jpg
30020831_press03.jpg
3002083_press04.jpg
3002083_press05.jpg
3002083_press06.jpg
3002083_press07.jpg
3002083_press08.jpg
3002083_press09.jpg
3002083_press10.jpg

Back