Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts in Old vs New

Ok.....

So where does this Hulk compare with the others?

First let me say that I am one of the ones who has never been in 100% in love with the original. However I can appreciate it's quality and understand why it's considered the Grail of Grails..

Does this one top it??

Well yes and No.

There is just something about the OG Hulk that sets it apart from the others... It's a combination of size and paint apps... The pain apps on the original are second to none... Nothing in the Hulk world comes close. It's perfect as far as paint apps go. There is also something about the texture that blows all other pieces away. Its beautiful to see.

For me the knock has always been on the face sculpt and pose... the face sculpt was a bit too Duh looking and the pose was IMO boring.

This new PF has the OG beat in Sculpt and pose. It's funny but we always talk about the original being Kirby style but the new EX head is Kirby in a realistic form. OG Hulk is almost the cartoon version and this is made to look like real life sculpt.

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby wanted Hulk to be a monster and that is where the influence for his original look comes from. The new Ex head captures the Kirby Frankenstein look much better then the Original, which IMO looked more ape then monster.

kirbyaddadd03.jpg

392037988_dfcd792652.jpg

The Pose for the new one is better IMO also. I just think it displays better and shows off the power of the Hulk better.

But IMO nothing will ever replace the original as far as quality, paint apps and classic status. Even if the OG Hulk is far from my fav. It seems like it's status as a fan fav will probably always stand as #1

What I mean by that is that I don't think this Hulk will ever achieve the after market prices and popularity that the original does. I think the Neck seam will keep it from that. Only time will tell.

For me... All things being equal and both pieces were presented to me and I knew nothing about value.. I would pick the new one.. For face sculpt, size and pose.

If the Comiquette was 1/4 scale and painted like the new one... It would be hands down my fav.... Even with the Buzz cut :) The Body sculpt and Pose are far and away the best IMO.

Great post. The original will always have its place and so too does the comiquette, but Mr. Green will always pick these new ones. And soon, Mr. Green will have his first Gray as well. So tempted to just buy a second Gray on the after market, if price isn't so ridiculously over priced.

To those who own this as well as the well as other SSC Hulks.... Are you impressed / surprised with the size of this guy.... I am...

attachment.php

New Hulk foot vs Hulk Maquette.

JAWS could you take a photo side by side with the maquette? I mean don't show the feet alone haha

Just opened up my Hulk and I love him. My anticipation for this piece had been dampened a bit due to discussions of the seam and teeth....I'm happy to report that they are non-issues to me in hand. Yes the seam is noticeable but only from an angle that I would never display him in anyways. The color difference between the body and head is not noticeable at all to me. Lastly I copied another member's idea and cut away the excess connections between the teeth and I think it looks great. In fact I think I prefer the REG head over the EX.

P1080191.jpgP1080190.jpgP1080189.jpgP1080187.jpgP1080188.jpg

Hoping I get some of those good teeth. I won't mind doing a little surgical fix on it though.

You guys are crazy, its design that way and is fine. Its meant to add a little bit of dept, now all sort of stuff gonna get in, lol.

Great post. The original will always have its place and so too does the comiquette, but Mr. Green will always pick these new ones. And soon, Mr. Green will have his first Gray as well. So tempted to just buy a second Gray on the after market, if price isn't so ridiculously over priced.

+1

Excellent observations and points Jaws. :clap

Just opened up my Hulk and I love him. My anticipation for this piece had been dampened a bit due to discussions of the seam and teeth....I'm happy to report that they are non-issues to me in hand. Yes the seam is noticeable but only from an angle that I would never display him in anyways. The color difference between the body and head is not noticeable at all to me. Lastly I copied another member's idea and cut away the excess connections between the teeth and I think it looks great. In fact I think I prefer the REG head over the EX.

View attachment 212639View attachment 212640View attachment 212641View attachment 212642View attachment 212643

Savage job !! Congrats. Any before photos? Did you just use a regular file ?

Waiting on mine to process early. Hoping I don't have to file the teeth but I will.

Teeth look awesome on the regular head! What did you use to get that down?

Savage job !! Congrats. Any before photos? Did you just use a regular file ?

Waiting on mine to process early. Hoping I don't have to file the teeth but I will.

I used a #11 scalpel blade and just slowly chipped away. Not hard at all. Just take your time to avoid hurting yourself.

70342.jpg

Back