Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have the Avenged maquette and GH coming. Why should I get this looking to get talked into or out of.

I'll just tell you my logic behind picking this on over the gHulk and maquette. (Even though if I could, I'd get them all. Haha)

This is a comic hulk. When I look at this, especially with the two heads, it is hulk. I really loved the avengers movie, thought hulk was perfect for a movie, but if they ever recast ruffalo (which will happen eventually), they would use mo-cap with the new actor, changing hulks appearance. And that might even bump the resale value of the maquette, but it would make the statue less desirable to me. Especially if the new actor/cg hulk looked better than the avengers one.

Gladiator hulk for me really just comes down to not having the money, and just not absolutely loving it. I mean, I loved planet hulk. It is my favorite story arc ever! But... That's just not how I want hulk depicted in my collection. To me, hulk is the natural threat. Doesn't need the weapons, or the armor, he is just a BEAST. The perfect specimen of strength/dominance. So right now, with my money situation, I have to pick statues based on the thought of, "if I could only have one".

Why this statue resonates with me, besides just the face sculpts, is the pose. I've always thought the Hulk should have a gorilla esque nature in him. (As seen in avengers with him walking on all fours and having the pronounced hunch with a barbell chest and huge back/traps.) And this is that primal pose I love seeing hulk do. Idk why they made him standing up straight in the maquette, if they did a pose similar to this, good god. Haha

Hope this helps sway you either way. All in all, get what you love man.

So I have the Avenged maquette and GH coming. Why should I get this looking to get talked into or out of.

I was about to buy the MQ, but IMHO, it's just too soft looking. It looks like a bodybuilder who is bulking up and not yet ready to start cutting up.
These new hulks just look enraged and built like a brick *****house. They just best represent, to me, what the Hulk is defined as...a raging pile of muscle.

I was about to buy the MQ, but IMHO, it's just too soft looking. It looks like a bodybuilder who is bulking up and not yet ready to start cutting up.
These new hulks just look enraged and built like a brick *****house. They just best represent, to me, what the Hulk is defined as...a raging pile of muscle.

Hahaha. So true about the bulking cutting thing.

I'd kill for all the muscle striations this hulk pf has. Haha

I would say if you like the sculpt you could order this one, and if the Gore Group ever makes a 1/4 classic Hulk ou could sell this one and then get the GGroup one. In all honesty I think this one looks AMAZING, but if the original Green Hulk Com had had the hair that was on the Gray Com and a bit darker paint job it would still be the Hulk to have IMHO. Canale and the Group killed that one. I love the Maq, the GHulk, and I have even grown to really admire Andy B's original PF, but a Gore Group Classic Hulk is where it would be at for me personally. However, that could be a few years in the making (I kind of consider it inevitable), and until then you would have THIS amazing piece.

I'm in the same boat Jaws...

You think we're gonna need a bigger one? :lol

Mine will be if you minus the plum...lol.

How is this a strange pose ?
DSC01195_zps66715629.jpg

Love all the noobs who missed out on the Original PF and have never seen it in person bashing it LOL !!

Why would anyone if these "noobs" bother seeing it in person. It's sh it. And yes, I owned it and sold it for 7 times its original value. Probably top some noob who listened to all the leet owners like you trying to talk it up for value reasons.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The original PF is a beast. The new statue looks great, and I might get it also, but there's no reason to bash the original PF as it kicks ass.

Definitely like the newer Hulk over the original. I sold my green and grey in anticipation of the new ones and don't miss them in the least . Overvalued IMO

I've never seen it in person but from pictures I think it's ok but I'm definitely not wowed by it. I nearly chased it down not long ago & offered £1000 to someone for one but he turned it down. I'm so glad he did now because I only wanted it because he was the only Hulk PF available at the time & I never expected SS to revisit him any time soon, especially with the Hulk MQ only coming out.

I much prefer the new ones :yess:

But that's good for me. If you own & prefer the original then well good for you :lol

I've never seen it in person but from pictures I think it's ok but I'm definitely not wowed by it. I nearly chased it down not long ago & offered £1000 to someone for one but he turned it down. I'm so glad he did now because I only wanted it because he was the only Hulk PF available at the time & I never expected SS to revisit him any time soon, especially with the Hulk MQ only coming out.

I much prefer the new ones :yess:

But that's good for me. If you own & prefer the original then well good for you :lol

Nice!

What I personally loved about the original that SS has yet to replicate is the paint. Looks like with this one they finally have. All the others aside from the tiny Planet Hulk dio have been to light and washed out looking for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original PF is a beast. The new statue looks great, and I might get it also, but there's no reason to bash the original PF as it kicks ass.

The tendency to say we prefer something over another is merely human, but I KNOW I use to find reasons to say I didn't like the older pieces when I first started, and it was mainly for two reasons.
A) I am a more detailed oriented guy so the more intricate detailed sculpts that SSC has coming out lately match the artistic styles I prefer. For kee when it comes to the Hulk it was always Keown over Kirby. However, with time I came to really appreciate how detailed the original pieces are, and while they Re still not my cup of tea style wise I do appreciate them.
B) I could afford them, and I was convinced SSC would come out with new ones...lol

Now I was right about the last point lol, but in the end that doesn't mean I had to bash on the originals the way I did. I really do think it is a noob thing that we almost always outgrow.

Last edited:
I think there's more 'The original will always be the best' than 'bashing'.

People like what they like, each to their own.
If we all liked the same things it would be a pretty boring world.

I think there's more 'The original will always be the best' than 'bashing'.

People like what they like, each to their own.
If we all liked the same things it would be a pretty boring world.

Yeah. And honestly before this statue I didn't like Kirby's hulk at all. It's just because I didn't grow up on it and I read all the modern hulk comics first. But seeing the Kirby head in 3d form, it's really growing on me.

But if I am honest, 99% of the time! my Hulk PF will be displayed with the regular head. That's the style t I grew up reading, that's the Hulk that resonates with me.

Just like you said Col, to each their own. That's why these forums are so fun, you can learn, change, or express your own feelings.

Back