Outer Limits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They guy from The Children of Spider County would have been perfect too - he's just a guy in a suit, with a sculpted head, hands and feet!

They guy from The Children of Spider County would have been perfect too - he's just a guy in a suit, with a sculpted head, hands and feet!

Heeee, that is mister Creecher! :)

200948.jpg

As a kid, I always enjoyed the Outer Limits reruns more than Twilight Zone, although I have to admit that was largely because they had more cool monsters, and as a kid I loved me monsters.

I really wished we'd gotten a few more beasties out of the SS line before it ended. Damn, wouldn't an alien from Architects of Fear been kick ass? I'm surprised that's one that hasn't been remade into a movie, since it seems ripe for it with today's special effects. Or how about the box creature? Or one of a dozen other goofy old sci-fi monsters...ah well, at least we got the handful of exceptional ones we did.

Just being a little wistful while watching an old episode tonight.

Outer Limits was great. I agree about making a movie out of it. But I guess that Hollywood is too busy making movies about Board games?:confused:

Was just going to say that! So no-one made him? Heh, have to see about that...looks great! And easy to bash out once the head's done.
Must investigate!

Have to say (just found this thread with the search function) not much on here about TZ or Limits figures, and I just started getting into them, waaaah!

Just snaffled a Sideshow TZ "Beholder" set, pics when it gets here! :yess:

Rod Serling was a genius. The reason Night Gallery failed to do as it's predecessor was because of the budgeting by the suits. Serling stated once that nearly an entire season's budget was spent just on making the creature costume for Pickman's model. Money talks.

I can't remember much about either series...must get some DVD's, and do a refresh. I can see some great bashes coming out of it. I'd just love a Mr. Creecher...

I will resurrect this thread! More TZ and Limits! :mummy:mummy:mummy

Her's a shot of the Night Gallery entry with Bradford Dillman. H.P.Lovecraft's Pickman's Model. saw it on tv as a kid. Scared the crap out of me just as badly as Mr. Barlow did in 1979 Salem's Lot. Porbably on youtube. God knows everything else is these days.

scan0008.jpg

Jesus wept, that's horrendous. Now that would be great 1/6 figure! Night Gallery? Hmmm more food.

I just had a poke about yesterday for something on Architects of Fear (MWC's comment intrigued me)--found a Youtube clip* of part of the episode. Unfortunately, after watching it I got left with some garbage or other in my computer...had to do restore to get rid of it.

*I'm assuming that was the culprit

Jesus wept, that's horrendous. Now that would be great 1/6 figure! Night Gallery? Hmmm more food.

I just had a poke about yesterday for something on Architects of Fear (MWC's comment intrigued me)--found a Youtube clip* of part of the episode. t

The Outer Limits
is my favorite series from the 60s-70s besides Star Trek. The TZ is a close second. The Outer Limits had some great atmospherics that were unique and would be next to impossible to match today—not to mention great writing. The modern Outer Limits series of the 90s was just not as good.

Among my favorite episodes are:

THE ARCHITECTS OF FEAR
DEMON WITH THE GLASS HAND
THE MAN WHO WAS NEVER BORN
THE BELLERO SHIELD
SOLDIER

As I say, I can hardly remember any of the episodes that were shown over here, but I'm greatly looking forward to watching it all on DVD!
The Series 1 disc set I have my eye on has all the episodes you mention, and 20-odd others. Can't wait! :bounce:bounce:bounce

Back