Ouch, someone got screwed. WATCH out on ebay people!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically, the seller in that particular case might actually make it safe. Afterall, he did his part (even though the auction as a whole was ridonkulous).

So yeah, the auction was an intentional scam, but it seemed to play off peoples' unattentiveness. Whatever the outcome, like you said, the blame isn't just on one of them.

Ebay specifically warns sellers about this type of stuff as a means to getting banned. So I don't think, other than embarrassment and the inconvenience he's experiencing in being out $400 for a month or so, the buyer will have any problems.

It's not lying when he clearly states "Please Read Carefully - Item is Custom Made - Not the Authentic One".

:lol I've been caught out before too. By my own stupidity and eagerness I'll have to admit. Some people are really good at being misleading, but that OP's link is outright fraudulent.

Well I personally don't have a problem with using search words to help you sell stuff. Like for example listing Bowen in the title of a Diamond Select statue, just as long as you don't try to claim the item actually is a Bowen/HT/Sideshow whatever. Hot Toys is pretty much dominating 1/6 so it's a smart thing to put it in the title. But saying it's HT when it isn't is gay.

Well I personally don't have a problem with using search words to help you sell stuff. Like for example listing Bowen in the title of a Diamond Select statue, just as long as you don't try to claim the item actually is a Bowen/HT/Sideshow whatever. Hot Toys is pretty much dominating 1/6 so it's a smart thing to put it in the title. But saying it's HT when it isn't is gay.

Using inapplicable keywords to bring eyes to your auction that don't apply directly to the item being sold is considered a listing violation now. Someone reports you, your auctions're DOA.

Last edited:
Well the guy that one actually put in his bid of $385 5 hrs before the end of the auction.. A sniper came in at 4 min till the end and kept bidding from $215 all the way to $380 and ran outta time so the winner still got it..In this case I think the loser was better off not winning it.. haha.

that was enjoyable. watched the whole thing.

That fat and lazy and rolling-of-the-eyes attitude of the defendant is exactly why this country is having financial problems. I'm glad Judge Judy called this _____ for what she is. Sitting at home, crapping out a few more babies that the state/federal government will have to support through welfare social programs rather than getting a job because she's entitled to it. :rolleyes:

That fat and lazy and rolling-of-the-eyes attitude of the defendant is exactly why this country is having financial problems. I'm glad Judge Judy called this _____ for what she is. Sitting at home, crapping out a few more babies that the state/federal government will have to support through welfare social programs rather than getting a job because she's entitled to it. :rolleyes:

Quoted for da trooth! :maul

Seriously though, that vid was hilarious. LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT MEE!! It was almost like a TDK reference, lol.

The title of the auction does not indicate that you are bidding on a photo. It states "XBOX 360 FINAL FANTASY XIII ELITE SYSTEM." The listing was posted under category "Video Games >Systems," and not under Photography or Art. While seller does state "this is a link to the picture," he also provides in the description: "Included in the box: Xbox 360 Console, Final Fantasy XIII, Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive..."

wow what a scumbag! If he really sends the buyer nothing but a photo, I hope he gets cancer:sick He is ridiculous! He is a ridiculous person who didn't bring his husband because he is a COWARD!:lol

:lecture ... EXACTLY!

people whine and complain about the cost of insurance in all aspects. While insurance is still somewhat of a rip-off, half the reason insurance (Health, Car etc) is so overpriced is because the insurance companies constantly have to fend off false claims and lawsuits from people trying to win a frivolous lawsuit to avoid actually working for a living

I was just talking the other day to a friend about how the general work ethic of the entire country just blows. If people had half the drive their grandparents were raised with the country wouldnt be in the ____ter like it is now.

Back