Ouch, someone got screwed. WATCH out on ebay people!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isn't that a fraudulent sale?

Yes, very. He can fight it and will win, but will have to pay return shipping before he gets his money back. Some asshat did the same to me years ago with SSC's SDCC Ex Freddy and sent me the 18" NECA (though the pic in the auction was the SDCC box. Coincidentally, I've put this douchy seller on my blocked list.

Betcha shilling bidding was used... the 2nd highest bidder has a 3 feedback rating and placed 23 bids in $5 increments.

Honestly,
as misleading as the title is, come on!!
Look at the picture!!! :horror
It's the buyer's fault for being ignorant IMO...
If you don't know what you're supposed to be buying, then don't buy it!!

I totaly agree with this:lecture
If your going to drop $400 on a hot toys scar pred you should
damn well know what one looks like.

There was an auction a few years back of a HUGE Star Wars collection. Busts, figures, props you name it.....It was very cleverly worded at the very end of a VERY lengthy description that you were actually buying two 8x10 pictures of the collection! It went for about $900 dollars.

I saw something similar on Judge Judy once. It was also an ebay auction. She called the sellers scam artists and ordered the money returned to the buyers. So going to small claims court is always an option if Ebay and Paypal refuses to help. :D

I'm so glad to of found this board before diving head first into the hobby. I have been extremely lucky to have worked with outstanding people and not worry at all with purchases. Not saying it couldn't happen to others but my case I've been very grateful to not to have a bad dealing.

I flat out refuse to buy or sell anything on EBay anymore. I buy and sell my stuff on this forum, Rebelscum and occasionally the OSW. Ebay is dead to me. The last thing I bought on EBay was a Sideshow ORIGINAL Vader head, the seller didn't even bother to remove the powder left on it after it he obviously casted it!

I doubt eBay would take any action against the seller. Afterall, eBay just pocketed a tidy sum in commision from the sale.

The buyer needs to open a "Item not as described" case, I think thats what it's called. eBay wouldnt know a HT fig anyway if they saw one so they dont really know who to believe.

WOW...i was watching this...and I might have been THAT dude...had i not purchased THE SAME HOT TOYS figure a week ago,....which i might say i have received...with box....which is another thing i do....since i can't store these in the open or display them just yet...i ALWAYS get it with the box...and if the box doesn't say or is not shown...i am not buying...but WOW....didn't even know there were other companies out there with the predator license for 1/6 scale....glad i joined up this board....

yikes. i wonder if this guy knows ebay/paypal usually side with the buyer on suspected fraudulent auctions.
if not, he will. there's no way he accidentally got the 2 items confused. if it goes to court he's gonna lose his shirt.

that's why many people call ebay evilbay :mad:
I consider it evil because the people who run it are evil, as is their monopolistic, money-grabbing cooperative with Paypal. To a lesser extent, it is evil because it causes me to spend lots of money that I should be saving or spending on more useful things.

Not so much because the people who sell there are evil. No doubt some are unscrupulous, however. As are some buyers, but you would get that anywhere.

yeah and there wasn't even 'up bidding', the one guy just kept upping his bid, Basterds.

LOL, well I guess you can say he got what he deserved -- a Kotobukiya figure that you can easily buy for lass than $100. Karma, karma, karma...

LOL, well I guess you can say he got what he deserved -- a Kotobukiya figure that you can easily buy for lass than $100. Karma, karma, karma...

Gee... nice. Might be some kid fresh into the hobby and he's welcomed by being reamed in the ass by a ********* seller. And you say he deserves it? :rock:rock:rock:rolleyes:

What was that you said about karma?

Gee... nice. Might be some kid fresh into the hobby and he's welcomed by being reamed in the ass by a ********* seller. And you say he deserves it? :rock:rock:rock:rolleyes:

What was that you said about karma?

Actually, I was replying to LipSmack since he was against the buyer upping his own bid. In that sense, jokingly, yes. Maybe reading what I had in quotes would be a good idea before bashing me again, hmm?

And it's quite clear that both the buyer and seller were at fault. True, the buyer may have been new to this, but he should still have done the proper research before unloading $400 on something (as agreed upon by many others who have replied to this thread). It's common sense, regardless of when one started collecting.
I don't remember you being this protective towards the 'baby birds,' in the first place... :lecture

Last edited:
Actually, I was replying to LipSmack since he was against the buyer upping his own bid. In that sense, jokingly, yes. Maybe reading what I had in quotes would be a good idea before bashing me again, hmm?

And it's quite clear that both the buyer and seller were at fault. True, the buyer may have been new to this, but he should still have done the proper research before unloading $400 on something (as agreed upon by many others who have replied to this thread). It's common sense, regardless of when one started collecting.
I don't remember you being this protective towards the 'baby birds,' in the first place... :lecture

Baby birds = misers who are too cheap to pony up for high-end collectibles (aka kiddie garbage collectors), not newbs. Regardless of how new the buyer is, fraud is fraud and the ********* listed the item as Hot Toys with a ____ty pic for the auction. As for all this "buyer beware" bull____, it's redundant. 100% of the ____s here spewing that ____ would be crying like tittybabies had this happened to them.

Wow some people are straight A-HOLES. I sold a rare videotape in PAL format (for european vcr not US) and even though I had explicitly put it in the title, and a detailed description this wont play in US stuff.. I still felt bad for the moron and refunded him. Some people their only intent is to rip you off and good luck getting that refund.

it is against ebay policy to put other company names in title to get more attention to your auction

Back