OT: What happened to Drastic Plastic and their stellar FDR figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dleebatman1

Freakalicious
Reaction score
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122702.htm

I remember Michael Crawford's review of the Drastic Plastic FDR 1/6 figure from quite a while ago and was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the company?

I'm assuming it was one of those small, independent ventures that just sort of fizzled out, but I though their FDR was a noble effort and am disappointed that the Hong Kong-based 1/6 companies just want to keep cranking out the Germans instead of sculpting any Allied leaders or other historical figures.

In fact, the only other 1/6 FDR that I know of was made by Toypresidents which is also now defunct. :(

Stellar loooking accessories and the suit looks good, but my god that figure is crap. What year did that come out? I am shocked the score on the paint and sculpt is that high.

I have this figure too. The wheelchair fell to pieces as soon as it was taken out of the box. If all of their quality control was like that no wonder they went out of business.

I have this figure too. The wheelchair fell to pieces as soon as it was taken out of the box. If all of their quality control was like that no wonder they went out of business.

Mine did too. The wheelchair was pretty bad. The figure was OK, though.

Back