OSR Hot Toys Q&A - 27 oct 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OSR Q&A 27 oct 2014 - Hot Toys

The thing is though I don't think the line sold as well as they were anticipating. Hence Sideshow heavily discounting all the figures from the line. Plus Faora was a fanboy favorite but she wasn't a main character or anything.

Sure it's being discounted...but so are a lot of other properties...even Avengers and Iron Man product is being discounted and that could be considered their evergreen lines. So discounted product isn't a sure fire indicator of what they will or will not produce.

She is a fanboy favorite...but who else are they expecting to sell these high end toys to :huh

That's too bad about Prometheus. I like that it sounds like they'll be visiting marks 1-7 in diecast. I sold off my Mark II Unleashed and Mark I 2.0 the minute they announced diecast.

How are people getting no updates meaning no Prometheus figures? Seems like they are playing a waiting game on the sequel. Wouldn't they have said they weren't going to release them if that was the case?

1/4 scale pleasant surprise sounds like Iron Man...But I would be happy with a 1/4 ultimate Iron Man. Not sure which armor though.

1. I want a good Mk2. But I think they might do that diecast and finally get the look right.

2. I like the Avengers final battle version. I would go for that.

3. The Avengers 2 version looks really good. Most likely better than the Avengers version. If the next 1/4 is coming soon I doubt it's that version.

Can't wait for a Jedi Luke figure. That has to be in their plans.

20 ironmans weren't enough they got to make em diecast now? We will never see any of our movie cult classics at this rate, Indy 2.0 see ya next millennium :monkey2

Re: OSR Q&A 27 oct 2014 - Hot Toys

Sure it's being discounted...but so are a lot of other properties...even Avengers and Iron Man product is being discounted and that could be considered their evergreen lines. So discounted product isn't a sure fire indicator of what they will or will not produce.

She is a fanboy favorite...but who else are they expecting to sell these high end toys to :huh
I agree but I just don't think the Man of Steel figures (or film in general for that matter) really set the collecting community on fire. I just think regarding Faora if the line would have went over really well and the figures all sold out we would have seen her possibly after the other announcements. Since that wasn't the case though and she wasn't part of the three that were initially announced I think the possibility of her being made was in trouble.

How are people getting no updates meaning no Prometheus figures? Seems like they are playing a waiting game on the sequel

That's what they said about First Class Xavier and that figure sure aint happening. Prometheus 2 figures might happen, though I doubt even that, but figures from the first movie are more than likely cancelled at this point, they just don't want to admit it.

Last edited:
Is it just bad translations?

Why do all interviews seem like its talking to royalty. Its 1/6 toys.
They are all such polite nothing questions and the answers so short and non-committal ....with no follow up questions to clarify.

So annoying.

How about, 'so why are you not pursuing resigning the Michael Jackson license?"

So 66 Batman still alive..YES!
Batman Returns will be one figure- Batman. Crap.
SW will have Luke and Leia coming...YES

Is it just bad translations?

Why do all interviews seem like its talking to royalty. Its 1/6 toys.
They are all such polite nothing questions and the answers so short and non-committal ....with no follow up questions to clarify.

So annoying.

How about, 'so why are you not pursuing resigning the Michael Jackson license?"

There are language barriers, time constraints, etc. They don't have to share at all you know.

This "interview" was done via email, I suppose, as it was not conducted live during an event, and the interviewer and the interviewee are from 2 different countries. It might not have been via live chat, thus the lack of follow-up questions.

Perhaps we could learn to appreciate a little instead of being annoyed, because doing the latter makes you the royalty who's hard to please.

Regarding the Faora issue, I think the reason is more simple than bad sales or anything. HT are no philanthropists! That don't care about a character that my sell well when they know they have other licenses that would sell BETTER than well. I'm sure they're already capitalizing on upcoming licenses like BvS and all the characters they could potentially make with all the Marvel and DC announcements!(yay! More Batman... Yay, more Iron man!:Flush )

Dang, I really wanted Faora. I'm glad to hear about more '66 Batman figures--crossing my fingers the Batmobile gets made before prices increase too much.

There are language barriers, time constraints, etc. They don't have to share at all you know.
This "interview" was done via email, I suppose, as it was not conducted live during an event, and the interviewer and the interviewee are from 2 different countries. It might not have been via live chat, thus the lack of follow-up questions.
Perhaps we could learn to appreciate a little instead of being annoyed, because doing the latter makes you the royalty who's hard to please.
lulz yup .... perfect.

Back