OSR Hot Toys Q&A - 27 oct 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: OSR Q&A 27 oct 2014 - Hot Toys

I'm stoked for the following
- Rocky
- Rambo
- OT figures before PT

Not too happy with the response regarding Doc Brown. Somehow I feel it's a likeness issue with Christopher Lloyd. What else would be the hold up?

Well at least the interviewer asked decent questions about licenses that were up in the air.

Sounds like X-Men figures might just trickle in sporadically as they secure more licenses.

Interesting that Faora is off the table and that Shaw most likely won't see the light of day anytime soon, if ever.

I'm pretty shocked that they aren't even planning a Returns Catwoman or Penguin. I would have assumed that those were already well under way and due for a preview.

In regards to the recent interview and Batman Returns….

How the **** do you make a announcement on a license and then turn around and say “we don’t have any plans yet”!!!

They've shown Batman. I really don't think Batman Returns is as high of a priority as some people want it to be. Also I'm absolutely not surprised that Hot Toys isn't doing Faora. Not sure if some actually thought there was a chance but its seemed obvious for a long time she wasn't coming. The Man of Steel line seems to have not been a hot seller and she would likely have been announced at the same time as the other three if there were plans for her.

Being late to the Iron Man game, I am very excited for the potential re-release of the Mark I-VII armors in DieCast. I would collect them all!

And all I want from Batman Returns is Bats himself, so bring it on!

Finally, we NEED a Doc Brown to compliment Marty, so I don't care how long it takes as long as he's done right.

I wouldn't worry about not getting Doc. It sounds to me like they want to release it and are in the development process.

As many of us suspected, it was a production problem with 66 Batmobile - I hope they solve it. It's encouraging that more '66 characters may be coming. They'd be foolish not to Batgirl, Newmar and Joker.

From my perspective more bad news here than good really - no plans for Returns Catwoman, Penguin, No Faora, no Prometheus, nothing new about X-Men - although it's encouraging that they didn't say "nope, just Wolverine."

No michael jackson anymore, really sad its already confirmed no renewal . Damn so many potential from him, smooth criminal, black and white, billie jean, history. Prometheus most likel dead, no one cares about it now.

Re: OSR Q&A 27 oct 2014 - Hot Toys

They've shown Batman. I really don't think Batman Returns is as high of a priority as some people want it to be. Also I'm absolutely not surprised that Hot Toys isn't doing Faora. Not sure if some actually thought there was a chance but its seemed obvious for a long time she wasn't coming. The Man of Steel line seems to have not been a hot seller and she would likely have been announced at the same time as the other three if there were plans for her.

Not really a hard and fast rule with Hot Toys. They just said they are interested in doing Ras from a movie several years old. Not to mention "Robin" and Civies Comish Gordon are being produced. Anything is possible with Hot Toys...the real question is if its probable. Now we know the probability of her being produced is slim to none.

Why do they think Ra'as needs to be an exclusive item (not that that means very much anymore)? Nolanites would buy the **** out of that. For years to come.

Re: OSR Q&A 27 oct 2014 - Hot Toys

Not really a hard and fast rule with Hot Toys. They just said they are interested in doing Ras from a movie several years old. Not to mention "Robin" and Civies Comish Gordon are being produced. Anything is possible with Hot Toys...the real question is if its probable. Now we know the probability of her being produced is slim to none.

The thing is though I don't think the line sold as well as they were anticipating. Hence Sideshow heavily discounting all the figures from the line. Plus Faora was a fanboy favorite but she wasn't a main character or anything.

Back