OSR Exclusive Interview with Howard Chan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like they are doing things right, it also sounds like they may have numerous figures finished they are just waiting for 'the right time' which just so happens to be when movie promotion kicks off. Not a bad idea, especially with the Prof X thing because they really missed their window there. I wonder if he meant The Wolverine or DOFP though...

Not a great deal to get excited about tbh, as I suspected all along they patented certain licenses for 1/4 scale production more so no one else could do them.

Looking forward to:

1966 Batman, Robin & Bat mobile
Batman Returns Penguin
Back to the Future 2 Marty & Griff
Man of Steel full line (providing the film is awesome)

When asked about the 3 Johnny Depp related figures already announced he mentioned there are other Johnny Depp collectible figures coming.

I would guess
Edward Scissorhands 2.0

Also

Willy Wonka
Mad Hatter

Which would you like do see?

Smooth Criminal,Rocky and Rambo have been in their so called "plans" for many years now,but still nothing to show.

I'm happy arkham bats is still ongoing :)

I do hope MOS doesn't bomb. They seem quite far into it figure wise what with the teasers etc so i cant seen another Green Lantern episode happening again.

I moved this to the general section. . .a pretty damn depressing read to my eyes :lol

Everything I'm interested in is being pushed back or is still in some kind of development stage. Prometheus sounds like it could very well be axed with that vague response.

Indeed, it's all "wait and see" "when the timings right" and other vague responses.

All his answers have one thing in common, or hidden message if anyone realize. Which is : " Yes, everything will be announce and release, not included the delays, after we have done with all the Iron Man stuff including all 42 Iron man suits in plastic and diecast version!"

:exactly:

Wow a lot stuff was pushed back huh, why didn't Howard just say canceled i would respect him more .

I'd love to storm HT's HQ like Charles Dance in Last Action Hero, snapping my fingers in each room ,there, there and there, getting the results and answers I want about licenses.

4 pages of non answers, delays and hints that HT venture into the 1:4 space may be dead (which might not necessarily be a bad thing given the problems with 1:6). I hope that after a few more figs that are in the pipeline, HT gives Avengers, Iron Man and TDK a rest for a while to concentrate on the other lines before the next wave. I'm sure MoS is on the fast track because the buzz is overwhelmingly pointing to a blockbuster.

I'm not sure how much attention some of the older licenses will actually get (although Robocop was a surprise), but would like to see:
1. Rocky DXs (Rocky, Apollo, Clubber and Drago--new headsculpts, better bodies and fight damage portraits)
2. Star Wars -- Ep III Anakin DX with jedi and sith portraits, Hoth/Bespin Han DX
3. BTTF -- I&II Marty, I Doc, DeLorean
4. Batman Returns -- Batman, Keyton/Wayne portrait, Penguin, Catwoman.
5. '66 Batman, Batman & Robin, Batman Forever
6. Smooth Criminal
7. Edward Scissorhands 2.0.

Maybe there will be something more concrete at ComiCon.

Even if they show new figures at SDCC it's still in the air if they'll let people order them.
There's still a bunch from SDCC & Anicom last year that haven't even gone up for order.

Are they waiting to get license approval or likeness? If the latter, How'd they get barney ross so quickly but not rocky or rambo? If it's license approval, don't they already have the Rocky license from way back?

Back