Original Sculpt: 1/6 SLAVE LEIA + Original Female Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slave Leia.
leia_sculpt.jpg
Oh my Lord, that is GORGEOUS Liquidisk!! Beautiful work!!! :clap

I WANT ONE TOO!!

Impressive...most impressive(sorry, couldn't resist). I'll be very interested to hear more details on this one(yes, I'd buy one in a heartbeat)...PS

WOW! some guy makes one post, with no introduction, of a nice figure that may or may not be custom made and you guys are ready to give a kidney and your first born child.:rotfl

anyone want to give social security numbers and bank account info, PM me.:lol

i wonder if he offers a head sculpting service for the 1/6th figures too.:monkey1

* for those with no sense of humor, this post is sarcasm.

Wow.

I come back after a day, and there are 7 pages of responses regarding my work.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, and for the kind words. They are greatly appreciated.

I'll try to answer your questions later. First:

Yeah that does look great but it also looks very close to the Triad bodies maybe to close. The wrists and knees especially. Your statements on building a body with better form is basically what I set out to do for Triad a long long time ago.

By the admin's leave, I wish to address this issue of black propaganda.

I was very much surprised that customdawg and the Triad people insinuated that I would be stealing their design. This sort of nasty thing has been posted on several boards and it is absolutely reprehensible.

Let me clarify things: such an accusation is repugnant as I DID NOT and WOULD NOT DO such a thing, nor was I influenced by any of Triad's work. When I said all the parts and design were original, I meant exactly that: all the conceptualization, design, engineering, and sculpt for the whole figure is original and wholly mine. As has been very kindly posted by Bluesparrow at the Men with Dolls forum and in the Triad boards (which was suddenly deleted), I have been customizing and sculpting for a long time--over 2 decades--and in all that time my focus is to create new and innovative things, as those who are familiar with my work know. I have worked in various media, scales, and genres. You can check out my website for some of the things I have done, which have even merited awards in their respective areas. I have the utmost respect for the work of other artists as I consider myself one of them, and I know full well that respect is a two-way street.

The thing that Triad must realize is that the world does not revolve around Triad Toys. The world moves on, with or without you. You do not have a monopoly on innovation, and not everyone who has done a new thing is automatically because of your influence. It is terribly misguided, decidedly arrogant and ultimately foolish to assume otherwise. Especially in the light that your own sculptor admitted that he couldn't figure out my inventions.

It is even more foolish to run around posting nasty insinuations and black propaganda on publicly viewed message boards, as this severely reflects on the company you represent. Had you had any legitimate issues, you'd have contacted me personally, which you didn't. With your display of unprofessionalism and questionable ethics, a buyer should certainly think twice before doing business with you. I would definitely be watching if my designs and inventions start showing up in your work.

And if your intent is to put doubt on a potential competitor's capabilities, the only thing you've succeeded in doing is showing the world how unprofessional you are, and that your ethics are dubious.

What you failed to realize, is that by hitting the panic button and reacting in such a way you just admitted to the world how well I have done my work on both the sculpting and the engineering. And by your sculptor's admittance, that you cannot do what I have just achieved. And the irony is: by claiming credit for supposedly influencing something that had absolutely nothing to do with you, it is actually you who are taking somebody else's work.

Perhaps it is my wife who put it best, when she said to me: "When you have invented an original thing, and that original invention sent a known company panicking, then that means you have just invented a very, VERY good thing.

And if they're trying to pull you down, it's because they realize that you are up."

I hope this would be the last word on this matter. By entering into this new scale, with its new challenges, I come in with the belief that it will be an enjoyable one. I still believe that. I bring a host of new ideas into the field, and I am very much grateful for the the vast majority's warm welcome: it is a very pleasant surprise--a humbling one--and one that is most appreciated. Thank you very much.

But to those who would, and have done so:

Know that when you jump to conclusions, the likelihood is that you'll end up with your foot in your mouth.

Now that that's out of the way, do allow me time to read through all the pages(!) of questions. I'll be back. Thanks!

I was very much surprised that customdawg and the Triad people insinuated that I would be stealing their design. This sort of nasty thing has been posted on several boards and it is absolutely reprehensible.

maybe any confusion could of been avoided if you had discussed this originally. if you've been in the business as long as i've read, you should of known this issue may come up. the triad body has been very anticipated on this and several other 1/6th forums. no one here knows you, and you have to admit that it looks a little suspicious that you pop up on multiple 1/6th forums (and copy and paste the same message) and reveal a body that resembles the triad body.

with that said, welcome and congrats on a beautiful figure.

so, who are you?
is your body going to be mass produced?
do you sculpt for any toy companies?
what is your leia body made of? resin? plastic?

Impressive, most impresive....Now will it be mass produced? Is Leia in scale with the sideshow figs? oh by the way, welcome to board :)

Sorry...
The body sculpt and articulation design do look great by the way, especially the headsculpt. Likenesses are such a pains in the asses to do well and you've done a great job on it.
When you compare one body design to another you can find a lot of similarities as they are all trying to simulate the human form and movement. Where the triad bodies and your body differ from the rest is that there is more emphasis put on the aesthetics of the body. We both tried to hide as many of the ugly joints as possible. Most of the other bodies on the market don't factor in aesthetics since the body will most likely be covered by clothing.
So right there the triad body design and your body design are very similar. I do see other similarities between the wrists and the knee articulation designs specifically, which again could be simply the result of trying to accomplish similar movement with the least amount of ugly segmenting possible. I see influences of other companies body designs in your work too, such as takara and bbi. I don't see a real big problem in being influenced by others. I played around with a lot of different bodies when I designed the triad bodies. I ripped them apart looked at the pieces tried to figure out ways to make changes for the better etc. I went through several different versions of jointing before committing to the one design I thought would work and look best. If my earlier post insinuated that you ripped off the triad design (and I guess it kinda did) I apologize I was simply making observations on design similarities, which you gotta admit there are a couple.

Last edited:
When I first saw this thread, I too wondered who Liquidisk is. So I searched using a remarkable new invention called Google. Wasn't difficult.

Liquidisk (Mike) is a working graphics artist who has been doing remarkable work in smaller scale figures and posting pictures at Fwooshnet since 2003. I have yet to see him offer any information about buying his figures (t-shirts are easy to order), so posting suspicions about his motive in coming here is premature, territorial, and rather rude.

His post that started this thread is a reprint of his post at Fwooshnet. It probably seemed like an adequate way to introduce himself to a new board. I hope Mike will tell us how he found us. Perhaps he'll post the shot of his castilene body sculpt before it was cut up for articulation. I don't expect to see what happened in between that photo and the finished figure, but I hope he's got a line on a good patent lawyer.

Callous, sweet post (and thanks for the reminder of your involvement with Triad, I'd forgotten!). Hope it puts Liquidisk at ease here. Finally, to Liquidisk hisself:

:fireworks:welcome:fireworks

...I have been customizing and sculpting for a long time--over 2 decades--and in all that time my focus is to create new and innovative things, as those who are familiar with my work know. I have worked in various media, scales, and genres. You can check out my website for some of the things I have done, which have even merited awards in their respective areas...
I knew I had seen your work before, I just couldn't remember where, as Gruff Old Bear pointed it on da Fwoosh! I love your work man, I look forward to seeing more and I really hope that Leia will be available at some point. Can you post a link to your website?

Oh yeah...:welcome

real nice sculpts for the head and body!
If you're selling those figures, I'm interested too...:D

Master piece of work!! I've seen his work for awhile because I hang out on the fwoosh also!! This guy is really talented awesome job!! Will we ever get something even close to it? NO!! Maybe we can get him to sale us head sculpts???? How about it liquid?????

Regarding the whole Triad Toys vs. Liquidisk thingee...

I think Liquidisk's body is actually better looking than the triad. I don't see anymore similarities between them than I do between a dragon and a buck. The elbow and knee joints on Liquidisks are far more natural looking to me.

Just my .02

Back