Optibotimus Reviews: SSC 1/6th scale Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review. This really is a great looking figure. I may pass since I never played KOTOR and don't know much of his backstory, but he does look pretty badass.

He is indeed a badass.
I have never played the game either, but i love him just from the teaser trailers:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOLANti8UCY[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjf_lWxqyI[/ame]

Great review and great figure. No interest in it, but I can appreciate how well made it is. Very impressive, especially the face paint apps.

I know.
It's a real pity.
I enjoy the prequels.
But I can't help but think it could have been a lot better.

2 things I was hoping for at 9 YO was jedi's to wear some kind of armor, and have awesome lightsabre fights... Kinda go decent fights (obi and maul duel)

Figures crossed. and thanks for commenting in my request thread man

No worries.
There's a sense if wonder in those Old Republic trailers that was almost totally missing from the prequels.
I could watch two hours of that story.
Perhaps that will happen now that Disney owns it all.
More Star Wars. I can handle that.

I would think there is still hope for an Old Republic movie now that Disney has the rights. I know they want to do a new Star Wars movie every other year and fill in the opposite year with stand alone movies and spin offs.

I would think there is still hope for an Old Republic movie now that Disney has the rights. I know they want to do a new Star Wars movie every other year and fill in the opposite year with stand alone movies and spin offs.

That has me very excited for the future of the franchise.
I heard that they were talking about doing an Obi Wan movie, about his entire life.
Might be fan ramblings, but the way i look at it is this: "It's Star Wars. I love it. Give me *more*"

I've only seen the "Deceived" trailer before. I loved the cosplayers in time square. Malgus really is a bad ***.

It was a great vid. The Malgus cosplayer was amazing.

The spin off movies and origin stories can be great as long as they are done right. And with Lucas out of the picture, there is hope for that. I've also heard the rumors of a Boba Fett movie.

Great review as always, but I'm really getting annoyed why SSC is not developing a better looking base body for these new releases.

I'll have to see it in hand, but this is looking a bit big and clunky. I love the face sculpts, but the body looks like Hasbro quality.

The spin off movies and origin stories can be great as long as they are done right. And with Lucas out of the picture, there is hope for that. I've also heard the rumors of a Boba Fett movie.

Here's hoping.
There were several stories in the Clone Wars that could have held up to a two hour movie length.
In the old days it was like this(Here's hoping it's changing now with Disney calling the shots):

lucas-unleashed.jpg

Excellent review, Optibotimus! I think Malgus turned out to be one of SSC's finest Star Wars figures to date.

I'm not sure if it's been asked before, but is the suit underneath all the armors made of the same material as that of SSC's new Vader? Is it pleather?

Thanks for the review, man!

There cannot be too much SW movies! The more, the merrier!

I hope someday they will give us KOTOR movies too!

I must own this figure!

Back