Optibotimus Reviews: SSC 1/6th scale Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice review and thank you for the preview of how Malgus and Vader look together. :clap

Great review. Not in the market for Malgus at all, but SSC's done a very nice job with the figure. Headsculpt and paint look top notch to me. Also glad that the packaging seems to confirm that they're moving away from the dated design of just showcasing the actual figure on the front (believe this was mandated by LFL, so looks like they re-negotiated something). Actually looking forward to what we'll get with Grievous, now, as I really liked the box for Vader. Doesn't look like a lot to complain about with this figure and hopefully it bodes well for future releases.

Cant watch it right now (its killing me) but can someone answer 2 quick questions..?

1. its he big like vader? (hieght wise)

2. can you holster the unlit blade on his belt?

Optibotimus
you have to stop doing reviews because for every review you've done I bought the figures shown because I left infected by your enthusiasm ..:slap my wallet is suffering now..good work..:lol:lol

Great review, was going to cancel as he's a bit 'random' for me but I'll keep the order now.

How good is the paint details on those headsculpts? WOW!

Watched it, i like the height. Might need to thicken the waist up a bit and not so sure about the thigh armor...

Opti, does the unlit blade store on the belt..? Like vaders or other jedi?

It looks like those pics of prowse were from the early 70s. Yes the Vader limbs are skinny but opti is correct when he says that Vader wasn't that muscular in the ESB/rotj era. Anyway...malgus turned out well. Here's my complaint: no force lightning. A wired cape would also be nice.

Thanks for the review. Amazing how far they have come with the face paint. That right there is great work.

Irony is that body would have been much better suited to Vader :slap

The delay on this figure to Jan, having Mary Jane statue moved up to Jan, Cobra Commander delayed to Jan and Vader coming out in Jan will probably mean i'll have to cancel :(

Forgot i also have MoS for Jan. Yeah Malgus really has to go. Can't swing 5 purchases in a month :(

man this thing turned out fantastic! :rock congrats to those picking this guy up. thanks again for another awesome review Optibotimus :hi5:

Much obliged, Opt! I was waiting for this review and glad to see it tonite when I checked in. I'm stoked - Malgus and Vader can't get delivered soon enough.

Best regards,
ND

It looks like those pics of prowse were from the early 70s. Yes the Vader limbs are skinny but opti is correct when he says that Vader wasn't that muscular in the ESB/rotj era. Anyway...malgus turned out well. Here's my complaint: no force lightning. A wired cape would also be nice.
1488302_557126957712632_189912722_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry must defend David prowse , he was big, mr universe big, but just better proportioned then Arnold. But anyway Nuff said great review you just Maude me want this guy again after cancelling oops. Headsculpt and paint looks fantastic. Opti can you please look at your camera settings or lighting when you where talking about the washes of the paint apps I couldn't see it. Maybe lighting?

Back