Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Star Wars KYLO REN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that's still her in a different outfit. Only a tiny handful of characters have be re-released by HT wearing the exact same thing as a previous figure. And Kylo just has the one costume. Now I'm in no way saying that HT *won't* do a Kylo 2.0 of him in the same TFA outfit but with unmasked portrait and Vader helm. I'm just saying that the notion isn't as common as some people are making it out to be.

I'm 98% certain this is getting a double-dip at some point, though I'm sure it'll be more than just adding the extra head and Vader mask accessory. They'll probably tweak the clothing a tad, have some more "battle damage", etc. But it will happen. And the character is already popular enough to warrant it.

Also, while he will return for at least one more film, chances are pretty high he won't look exactly the same. And he'll also have a HUGE facial scar now. The only way Hot Toys releases a Kylo Ren head sculpt without the scar/gash is if there is a V2 TFA figure. Heck, if the V2 is battle damaged they could do both maskless heads (normal Driver and freshly gashed).

That's not to discount this initial Kylo Ren figure from Hot Toys. It's very nice. And if/when they release a V2 this will still be collectible. Heck, even the initial TDK Jokers were. But as a definitive 1:6 representation of this character from TFA this figure is woefully incomplete.

I could see them doing a fully damaged Kylo with both clean and bloody unmasked heads. Then people could pick which portrait to display with the figure and those who have both releases could put the clean head on the previous Kylo. People have been able to do that with some of the Steve Rogers figures HT released in recent years.

When he was questioning Poe at the beginning he even had a funky new interrogation droid floating right behind him. It was significantly bigger than Vader's but is just one more option for an extra accessory.

Back