Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys DX13 "Battle Damaged T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The administrator wants to promote figure reviews, so I'm sure he would be totally supportive of this having its own thread. If you don't like it, tough.

It makes it easier to swap it out haha but i would definitely NOT recommend doing it the way i did it LMAO

For sure.

Another thing you said in your video, you fear breakage whenever you switch the hands. It actually happened to my DX10, a year after owning it. I pulled out a hand and the end of the peg came out with it. The wrist peg fits so tight into the arm hole too, that it was a major problem for me to get the broken peg out. I ended up scraping the outer arm.

I think the same could happen to the DX13 at any time, so I'm thinking of widening the holes on all the hands by scraping or drilling. The same could be done to the holes on the switchable arm pieces too. It could be a nice fix to prevent future breakage.

For sure.

Another thing you said in your video, you fear breakage whenever you switch the hands. It actually happened to my DX10, a year after owning it. I pulled out a hand and the end of the peg came out with it. The wrist peg fits so tight into the arm hole too, that it was a major problem for me to get the broken peg out. I ended up scraping the outer arm.

I think the same could happen to the DX13 at any time, so I'm thinking of widening the holes on all the hands by scraping or drilling. The same could be done to the holes on the switchable arm pieces too. It could be a nice fix to prevent future breakage.

It's always a concern of mine because that little ball portion of that joint has that little slit along the bottom that connects to the ball (i hope you know what i'm talking about haha), it just feels like it should be one solid piece all the way though, that splitting it like that would structurally weaken it. That's what always makes me nervous cause sometimes you have to bend the hand to the side to get it to pop out of the socket, and it just makes me really worried every time that it's gonna break that little nub.

First, i don't recall who it was i talked to initially about posting my videos. It was a mod that i reached out to when i first signed up so i would properly place things where they needed to go. The messages back and forth have since been deleted to make room for other messages.

I personally don't see the problem with doing it this way. It allows people that want something specific to go to a specific thread to find what they want. Instead of going into a thread that has hundreds of posts and not knowing where something would be.

I don't do this to boost my views. I do this because this is THE place for 1/6th scale collectors and i like sharing my videos with people. I don't need to do it..it's not benefiting me in terms of viewership in that regard. But most people here have seemed to enjoy me posting my videos. But views aren't that big of a reason to post them, nor is any sense of "elitism" you seem to think it causes. Only 122 views on my Spider-Man video have come from being watched here. Midas, only has 55. My hall of armor review, only 44. So your theory about boosting views isn't all that accurate. I do this because i like sharing my stuff. If posting separately is something the higher ups here at the site want me to do, i'll gladly do it. I'm not here to show off, make enemies or piss anyone off. I simply don't see the harm in doing it the way i'm doing it and as i already said, i was told to do it this way.

Beyond that, thank you for your compliment on my reviews and i greatly appreciate the support you show by subscribing. Same as everyone else that's kind enough to support my videos.

Good answer and I'm not coming at you pissed off or looking to start issues or as an authority cause I'm not. I'm just a fellow collector who like you wants to show my passion for collecting. I use this hobby as an escape from everyday life and like to simply relax check out cool collectibles and chat with like minded collectors.

Like I said in my original post I don't think you intentionally tried to do the wrong thing, weather it is or not is up to the mods, but I can see the issue with this practice becoming the norm, as we would end up with a flood of threads for each collectors reviews, there's at least 10 plus freaks that have created youtube reviews for this one figure and a lot of people are yet to receive theres, then considering all the collectibles out there from hot toys to statues and so on, it could become out of control:panic:

Does this keep me up at night, no:lol But the issue was raised and I put in my two cents on the matter. Like I said I like your reviews and you seem like a real nice guy, not looking for drama on a toy forum and all the best to you and congrats on a great figure, I love it:peace

Last edited:
Good answer and I'm not coming at you pissed off or looking to start issues or as an authority cause I'm not. I'm just a fellow collector who like you wants to show my passion for collecting. I use this hobby as an escape from everyday life and like to simply relax check out cool collectibles and chat with like minded collectors.

Like I said in my original post I don't think you intentionally tried to do the wrong thing, weather it is or not is up to the mods, but I can see the issue with this practice becoming the norm, as we would end up with a flood of threads for each collectors reviews, there's at least 10 plus freaks that have created youtube reviews for this one figure and a lot of people are yet to receive theres, then considering all the collectibles out there from hot toys to statues and so on, it could become out of control:panic:

Does this keep me up at night, no:lol But the issue was raised and I put in my two cents on the matter. Like I said I like your reviews and you seem like a real nice guy, not looking for drama on a toy forum and all the best to you and congrats on a great figure, I love it:peace

:exactly::goodpost:

but I still think he makes his own thread in order to get YouTube views just like the Clipper King.
I believe he is a YouTube partner I myself am a YouTube partner but I do not start threads for individual reviews just to get views so I can make money off them. I don't know I'm just calling it as I see it I'm usually right about this type of stuff .

:exactly::goodpost:

but I still think he makes his own thread in order to get YouTube views just like the Clipper King.
I believe he is a YouTube partner I myself am a YouTube partner but I do not start threads for individual reviews just to get views so I can make money off them. I don't know I'm just calling it as I see it I'm usually right about this type of stuff .

Did you happen to see my post where I tell you the amount if views I get from this forum on my last three videos? I haven't made enough money to but a combo at McDonald's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice review
I would rather have a separate thread so I don't have to search through pages to find em

I hate this crap from some ppl trying to dictate where someone can or can't post. That's the admins job not yours.
I'm glad guys like optibotimus and OMG post independently coz I sure as hell can't be bothered going through pages and pages of witless flannel when I can just go straight to the OP's thread and see what I want to see!
Keep it up mate. **** the haters

I hate this crap from some ppl trying to dictate where someone can or can't post. That's the admins job not yours.
I'm glad guys like optibotimus and OMG post independently coz I sure as hell can't be bothered going through pages and pages of witless flannel when I can just go straight to the OP's thread and see what I want to see!

:goodpost::yess::hi5:

So Michael Crawford makes separate threads of his reviews so what, his page could get more hits and he could get more sponsors and ad banners on it? And so what if he's got sponsors and he's out to promote them and make some money? Is he pickpocketing you? Is he robbing a bank? It's an honest job. I'm sure if you'd all be offered to do the same and get at least free figures in return you wouldn't think twice and say yes. Also, should OMG and Jingobell post photo reviews on the figure thread itself? There shouldn't be hundreds of threads for it afterall, yes?

The thread makes sense and is related to this particular section. If you don't like the thread then don't contribute by commenting and keeping this up hence flooding the section and drowning your most visited threads.

Again, carry on Optibotimus. Looking forward to your reviews, and please post them in separate threads so they won't get buried in the figure thread by people who post nonsense GIFs.

LOL. ppl are throwing a hissy fit over a review being posted in a different thread when they don't blink an eye at the sea of garbage threads in the for sale sections these days.

No one said they were a mod, I even said its up to the mods, theres also no hate, whos a hater, did you even read my post, I stated I like his reviews, subbed to his channel and said he seems like a nice guy:dunno

So Michael Crawford makes separate threads of his reviews so what, his page could get more hits and he could get more sponsors and ad banners on it? And so what if he's got sponsors and he's out to promote them and make some money? Is he pickpocketing you? Is he robbing a bank? It's an honest job. I'm sure if you'd all be offered to do the same and get at least free figures in return you wouldn't think twice and say yes. Also, should OMG and Jingobell post photo reviews on the figure thread itself? There shouldn't be hundreds of threads for it afterall, yes?

The thread makes sense and is related to this particular section. If you don't like the thread then don't contribute by commenting and keeping this up hence flooding the section and drowning your most visited threads.

Again, carry on Optibotimus. Looking forward to your reviews, and please post them in separate threads so they won't get buried in the figure thread by people who post nonsense GIFs.

Wheres all this coming from, did anyone say his pic pocketing, robbing banks, wow you guys are out of control with the slander here:panic:

A point was brought up about where video reviews should be put, interesting topic I though, I commented as to what I think, an everyone wants to turn it into a witch hunt, makes it out to be some sorta cyber bullying scenario:slap

If you guys can't have a discussion on the matter without turning it into a hostel environment then I can't help ya.

LOL. ppl are throwing a hissy fit over a review being posted in a different thread when they don't blink an eye at the sea of garbage threads in the for sale sections these days.

Again who's throwing a hissy fit and what are you even talking about, garbage in sales threads, last time I looked its where people try to sell collectibles:huh

Sorry to post this but its getting out of control with all this hostility and putting words into peoples mouths, its a simple topic, its ok to disagree you know:peace

Just read through this thread and completely agree with you SKULL. Not sure why so many are turning this into something else. I think a lot of people are way too sensitive on here and can't handle any others opinions that aren't their own. I always try to look at everyone's POV and some good points were made on both sides, but the rude comments are out in left field :cuckoo:

No one said they were a mod, I even said its up to the mods, theres also no hate, whos a hater, did you even read my post, I stated I like his reviews, subbed to his channel and said he seems like a nice guy:dunno

Wheres all this coming from, did anyone say his pic pocketing, robbing banks, wow you guys are out of control with the slander here:panic:

A point was brought up about where video reviews should be put, interesting topic I though, I commented as to what I think, an everyone wants to turn it into a witch hunt, makes it out to be some sorta cyber bullying scenario:slap

If you guys can't have a discussion on the matter without turning it into a hostel environment then I can't help ya.

Again who's throwing a hissy fit and what are you even talking about, garbage in sales threads, last time I looked its where people try to sell collectibles:huh

Sorry to post this but its getting out of control with all this hostility and putting words into peoples mouths, its a simple topic, its ok to disagree you know:peace

Hey bud -- why you thought it was slander is a bit too much. It was an honest question I asked. I can't get why it seems people are having issues with some reviewers earning some money (that is if they do) from the reviews that they make and post on here. That's why I asked -- is he pickpocketing you/us/collectors? Is he robbing a bank? It's like it's a crime for the reviewer to get something from reviewing toys, and doing measures just to get the job done. And as for hostility and being cyberbullied, maybe we could check who's doing what. If I may be bold to say so, if the OP was one of the SENIOR (read:not noob) members on here with a join date of at least 5 years and/or a post count of thousands, it would have been fine and no one would have minded a new thread being made. No one would ever have thought/theorized that it's for him to get more views or what not. Just saying.

My apologies to all I might have offended.

Hey bud -- why you thought it was slander is a bit too much. It was an honest question I asked. I can't get why it seems people are having issues with some reviewers earning some money (that is if they do) from the reviews that they make and post on here. That's why I asked -- is he pickpocketing you/us/collectors? Is he robbing a bank? It's like it's a crime for the reviewer to get something from reviewing toys, and doing measures just to get the job done. And as for hostility and being cyberbullied, maybe we could check who's doing what. If I may be bold to say so, if the OP was one of the SENIOR (read:not noob) members on here with a join date of at least 5 years and/or a post count of thousands, it would have been fine and no one would have minded a new thread being made. No one would ever have thought/theorized that it's for him to get more views or what not. Just saying.

My apologies to all I might have offended.

Again no one has a problem with him earning money, I know I don't, never said I did, no one said it was a crime ether, I wish him the best with his reviews. I'm not sure how having a discussion on where video reviews go in the forum warrants cyber bullying, I was never rude or name called and this has nothing to do with post counts, I even stated earlier that it might simply be a case of him being new as to why he maybe wouldn't be sure where to post his review.

I'm not offended and I'm happy to discuss the matter in a civil manner, I just think people are making this into something its not.

Well I think Kara has spoken anyway. The position of the forum is to allow these youtube reviewers to post their reviews seperate from the main thread if they wish. Presumably it assumes that not everyone and his auntie is going to start doing youtube reviews and posting new threads?

Though I'm now considering it! Only question is which of my aunties to bring in.

Again no one has a problem with him earning money, I know I don't, never said I did, no one said it was a crime ether, I wish him the best with his reviews. I'm not sure how having a discussion on where video reviews go in the forum warrants cyber bullying, I was never rude or name called and this has nothing to do with post counts, I even stated earlier that it might simply be a case of him being new as to why he maybe wouldn't be sure where to post his review.

I'm not offended and I'm happy to discuss the matter in a civil manner, I just think people are making this into something its not.

Man, you know what's confusing? I know you didn't say that, and I'm in awe that you reacted to it. However some on this thread have said things that sound as if it was wrong for the reviewer to earn from what he does, and that's what made me ask those questions.

Again my apologies for the confusion and if I offended anyone on here. I'm staying away from this thread.

Skull, it's pretty obvious everyone has been responding to Ecko's posts and not yours. That's where the hostility is being directed.

Jesus, put your handbag away Captain paranoia. I was talking in general terms.

My point is that this should be a celebration of the toy reviewed and the OP for his efforts and not a little snide dig at the guy just coz he didn't post in a particular thread. Some folk here have far too much time on their hands if that's all they have to worry about :)

Back