Online retail shop who does not accept credit card

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tee tee - thank you for your information. Your country is on the credit card restricted list that was supplied to us by our credit card services company. This list is a compilation of countries with the most reported Identity theft and credit card fraud cases from credit card processing companies world wide. This is why we are extra diligent in verifying consumer identities. In the case of Amazon they actually have physical representation in many different countries, which makes credit card acceptance easier and fraud / ID theft instances less frequent.

I have our team reevaluating our credit card policies for these various countries so that we can consider more flexible options for returning clients. I am hoping to return to you with further news after the new year!

Hi Chicky Chick, any good news? Can I use credit card to buy?

When did SSC start allowing PayPal? I inquire about this & straight debit purchases out of my bank in Canada and I was told no.

We now accept pay pal for most of our in-stock items. If your item qualifies the Paypal option will show in the check out process!

If you have placed an order with us before and used a money order, then you can request for us to accept your credit card on the next transaction. Did you contact us after you received the email about the Martin fly statue? There shouldn't have been an issue fulfilling that request as long as the shipping address did not change or the other aspects of your account information.

Ultimately we want to make sure that you are the person using the card and that the merchandise does get through to your address. There are some countries that have an extremely high rate of identity fraud and credit card theft. Thus our policy protects both us as a small business and you the consumer.

While we hate to turn business away we do have many retailers that carry many of our items. These retailers may have more flexible payment policies or perhaps run through Ebay and prefer to use Paypal.

I have to say this company does make you jump high to use your card. I'm in the USA and I can drive there in under 2 hours. I did not mind (I bought one of every clone then had in less then 30 days). As someone said you could find another person to buy it for you or better yet work with SS on this issue.

Once it was worked out (again not really all that hard) ordering was very easy....To easy, I need to add a new room to my home.

Hi Chicky Chick, any good news? Can I use credit card to buy?

Hey TeeTee,

Please contact [email protected] with your name, email and shipping info. Also if you can suppl y the last order Number you placed with us.

What we can do for you is once a money order goes through verifying that address, we can accept a credit card that carries that address and billing info. We will try one shipment to that address to verify that the shipment went through and the transaction completed without issue. After that you can place any amount of orders directly with your card.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause but have experienced a high volume of credit card fraud cases within your region which requires money orders and bank drafts for all new customers.

Back