Online retail shop who does not accept credit card

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeeTee

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Last year I ordered Dr Zaius PF during holiday sales, The Customer Service Representative told me they dont accept credit card issued in my country due to high percentage of fraud. I was like...ah ok, how about Paypal? No, came the reply. He told me they accept international money order. For those who has no idea what's that, it's a check issued by bank in specific foreign currency.

The CSR ask me to mail the money order to them then only they will ship it. At that time, I could not refuse the great offer of Dr Zaius, I gave in. So it cost me an extra USD25 to courier the international money order, i have to send it to them quick becos the item will only be in my cart for 2 weeks.

For your info, the CSR promise that once I order a few times from them, i would be able to use credit card. I said, how about i wait until the credit card transaction is completed, in other words, u got the money, then only u ship the item to me, i dont mind waiting. Since u dont trust my credit card, u dont have to ship to me until u got the moolah. But no is the answer.

This year Martinfly Statue on sale, I ordered again, they asked for money order again! Guess which online shop who has that baffling policy? Now, if your company operates as online retail, obviously the main payment option would be credit card. How about paypal? I mean, pay via freaking international money order? Are we still in 1970s? huh?

I have been ordered from WETA, Amazon, eBay, HCG, other countless of online shops. I have never encounter such cowardice policy as sideshow website, it's really baffle me.:slap

If you are worried about credit card fraud, then offer us to use paypal.

Last year I ordered Dr Zaius PF during holiday sales, The Customer Service Representative told me they dont accept credit card issued in my country due to high percentage of fraud. I was like...ah ok, how about Paypal? No, came the reply. He told me they accept international money order. For those who has no idea what's that, it's a check issued by bank in specific foreign currency.

The CSR ask me to mail the money order to them then only they will ship it. At that time, I could not refuse the great offer of Dr Zaius, I gave in. So it cost me an extra USD25 to courier the international money order, i have to send it to them quick becos the item will only be in my cart for 2 weeks.

For your info, the CSR promise that once I order a few times from them, i would be able to use credit card. I said, how about i wait until the credit card transaction is completed, in other words, u got the money, then only u ship the item to me, i dont mind waiting. Since u dont trust my credit card, u dont have to ship to me until u got the moolah. But no is the answer.

This year Martinfly Statue on sale, I ordered again, they asked for money order again! Guess which online shop who has that baffling policy? Now, if your company operates as online retail, obviously the main payment option would be credit card. How about paypal? I mean, pay via freaking international money order? Are we still in 1970s? huh?

I have been ordered from WETA, Amazon, eBay, HCG, other countless of online shops. I have never encounter such cowardice policy as sideshow website, it's really baffle me.:slap

If you are worried about credit card fraud, then offer us to use paypal.

huh-demotivational-poster-1227663465.png

Then your only choice may be to look for another online retailer or to get yourself a close friend in the States who can help you with your purchases from Sideshow.

We now accept pay pal for most of our in-stock items. If your item qualifies the Paypal option will show in the check out process!

If you have placed an order with us before and used a money order, then you can request for us to accept your credit card on the next transaction. Did you contact us after you received the email about the Martin fly statue? There shouldn't have been an issue fulfilling that request as long as the shipping address did not change or the other aspects of your account information.

Ultimately we want to make sure that you are the person using the card and that the merchandise does get through to your address. There are some countries that have an extremely high rate of identity fraud and credit card theft. Thus our policy protects both us as a small business and you the consumer.

While we hate to turn business away we do have many retailers that carry many of our items. These retailers may have more flexible payment policies or perhaps run through Ebay and prefer to use Paypal.

Then your only choice may be to look for another online retailer or to get yourself a close friend in the States who can help you with your purchases from Sideshow.

You sir, are sensible people unlike others.

We now accept pay pal for most of our in-stock items. If your item qualifies the Paypal option will show in the check out process!

If you have placed an order with us before and used a money order, then you can request for us to accept your credit card on the next transaction. Did you contact us after you received the email about the Martin fly statue? There shouldn't have been an issue fulfilling that request as long as the shipping address did not change or the other aspects of your account information.

Ultimately we want to make sure that you are the person using the card and that the merchandise does get through to your address. There are some countries that have an extremely high rate of identity fraud and credit card theft. Thus our policy protects both us as a small business and you the consumer.

While we hate to turn business away we do have many retailers that carry many of our items. These retailers may have more flexible payment policies or perhaps run through Ebay and prefer to use Paypal.

Last year December is the first time I pay via money order for Dr Zaius PF. 2 weeks ago after I place order for Martinfly statue, I chat online with SSC personnel, twice. I told them I had order previously paid via MO and I asked them to allow me to use credit card this time, my request was rejected. Maybe u have a look at my 1st post again to understand my recent encounter/failed purchase.

I hope u understand my plight, here is the comparison between your company and other online retailer:

Purchase from other online retailer:
- Salivating at the man-toy. (resistance is futile)
- Fill in credit card info and place the order (to paraphase the great tagline from Amazon.com) And You’re Done!
- The retailer verify my order and ship the man-toy.
- Wait and track anxiously (also excitedly) for the item to be arrived.
- Man-toy arrive.

Purchase from Sideshow Collectibles website:
- Salivating at the man-toy. (resistance is futile)
- Place the order.
- Drive my car and look for carpark bay near to a bank. Queue up to buy the Money Order (MO).
- Go home and call the courier company to pick up the MO (pay USD30)
- Wait and track anxiously for the MO to be received by SSC.
- SSC verified the MO and ship the man-toy.
- Wait and track anxiously (also excitedly) for the item to be arrived.
- Man-toy arrive.

I mainly purchase from 3rd party online retailer or brick&mortar shop, I guess I should stick with them because now I know even SSC website has great holiday sales, it's just not worth to go thorough the hassle again.

Collect for Life, yes, but not Inconveniently Collect for Life.

Last edited:
Can I ask where then? Then maybe I'll PayPal you ten American. Which with the current exchange rate may or may not be a good thing. :lol

It's either Ukraine, Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Egypt, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Malaysia, or Israel.

Tee tee - thank you for your information. Your country is on the credit card restricted list that was supplied to us by our credit card services company. This list is a compilation of countries with the most reported Identity theft and credit card fraud cases from credit card processing companies world wide. This is why we are extra diligent in verifying consumer identities. In the case of Amazon they actually have physical representation in many different countries, which makes credit card acceptance easier and fraud / ID theft instances less frequent.

I have our team reevaluating our credit card policies for these various countries so that we can consider more flexible options for returning clients. I am hoping to return to you with further news after the new year!

It's either Ukraine, Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Egypt, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Malaysia, or Israel.

Give this dude a cigar, please!

Tee tee - thank you for your information. Your country is on the credit card restricted list that was supplied to us by our credit card services company. This list is a compilation of countries with the most reported Identity theft and credit card fraud cases from credit card processing companies world wide. This is why we are extra diligent in verifying consumer identities. In the case of Amazon they actually have physical representation in many different countries, which makes credit card acceptance easier and fraud / ID theft instances less frequent.

I have our team reevaluating our credit card policies for these various countries so that we can consider more flexible options for returning clients. I am hoping to return to you with further news after the new year!

Cool! Hope to hear some good news from u soon!

However, I wish to let u know that recently Citibank called me to inform that somebody had try repeatedly (but fail) to use my credit card for unautorized online transaction. So they cancel it and gave me a new one. I have no idea how or when my credit card info was stolen.

So, what i am trying to say is, each of us, online retailers or buyers both have fair share of risk being involved in credit card fraud.

Back