OMG... what has Universal done to The Creature???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what I was thinking. I'm wondering if the dreds and the outfit are based on the remake look? If so, than that makes a little more sense. And if adding dreds is the only major difference they make to him, I can live with that.

But is the remake finally getting done now or is that still in never-ending-limbo?

Sorry, BM but adding dreds to Creech is like adding sunglasses to Dracula. Hollywood always trying to re-invent the dang wheel. Or to paraphrase Blade, "Some mutha ^^^^^*'s are always trying to ice skate uphill." To redesign the Creature implies something is wrong with his original appearance. And there isn't. Some designs are timeless. Predator, Alien, Creature From The Black Lagoon,Pumpkinhead...none of these need tweaking. Gillman just need a dedicated purist who wants to re-introduce him, not re-design and re-define him.

But is the remake finally getting done now or is that still in never-ending-limbo?

It probably hinges on how the wolfman remake does. They are doing Frankenstein too, right? And talk of the Bride? If Wolfman does well and so does Frankenstein, we'll see the creature.

Well...
I was at Universal Studios on Monday... we were pretty much done for the day... but there was no line for the Creature Show, so we decided to check it out...
it's terrible... :yuck...
I mean the story is stupid, the dialogues are lame and the acting is terrible...
the props, set and some of the costumes are kind of cool though...

Well...
I was at Universal Studios on Monday... we were pretty much done for the day... but there was no line for the Creature Show, so we decided to check it out...
it's terrible... :yuck...
I mean the story is stupid, the dialogues are lame and the acting is terrible...
the props, set and some of the costumes are kind of cool though...

Ha ha...I saw it yesterday and felt the same way. No one laughed at any of the jokes. There was a lot of potential IMO, but just fell flat. The actress was nice looking though.:naughty

Sorry, BM but adding dreds to Creech is like adding sunglasses to Dracula. Hollywood always trying to re-invent the dang wheel. Or to paraphrase Blade, "Some mutha ^^^^^*'s are always trying to ice skate uphill." To redesign the Creature implies something is wrong with his original appearance. And there isn't. Some designs are timeless. Predator, Alien, Creature From The Black Lagoon,Pumpkinhead...none of these need tweaking. Gillman just need a dedicated purist who wants to re-introduce him, not re-design and re-define him.

Dracula1.jpg

I don't remember people complaining about that.

But I do agree they shouldn't have messed with the creature design. What I was trying to say is that if the dreds were the only thing they add, it could have been much worse.

Dracula1.jpg

I don't remember people complaining about that.

But I do agree they shouldn't have messed with the creature design. What I was trying to say is that if the dreds were the only thing they add, it could have been much worse.

They could've dressed him like Frank N. Furter and Oldman still would've rocked it!

Back