Im really surprised none of the customizers have tried.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
What specific piece that hasnt been done are you surprised a customizer hasnt tackled?

For me the obvious one is a Michael Myers (1978) pf figure. It seems it wouldnt be too tough to pull off.

One could take the head off a neca, dremel the hair down, add mohair, repaint the mask and hands. Then all that would be necessary is a compatible 18 inch body, coveralls and a resin base of a sidewalk or floorplanks.

So--thats why I am surprised it hasnt been tackled as yet. The closest thing I could find was this: Its great, but its missing a base and real clothes to make it a "pf". What surprises you that a customizer has yet to tackle?

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/gYKnjtJEvWU&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gYKnjtJEvWU&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

not as easy as you make it seem.

Well, not for me or an average Joe... but I am not a customizer. Theres a whole lot of talented people on these boards and many others who I am confident could do this. I am not painting it out to be a breeze or everyone would have one. But The video shows a lot of talent, and a talented customizer could take this to the next level and make a fortune. This is the one that I am most surprised hasnt happened yet.

Get me a pair of accurate stitched coveralls in that scale and the rest can be done no prob that's my only hang up really.

if custom 12 inch figure is on average $350 to $450 and up, how many would pay triple premium format price for custom? enough to make endeavor worthwhile?

if custom 12 inch figure is on average $350 to $450 and up, how many would pay triple premium format price for custom? enough to make endeavor worthwhile?

I didnt know these guys were getting this much for 12 figures, and its great that they are imho. Youd be surprised what people with lots of disposable income would pay. Sideshow certainly has found this group. Their recent Predator Berserker bust is offered at $1,200.00. Are you a customizer? if not--why so argumentative?:1-1:

not being argumentative. just discussing. dabbled in making custom pieces but not to extent of producing them for others. just looking at it realistically. would you pay $1200 or more for custom, unlicensed myers pf? really enjoy franchise. not sure i would.

To me the sewing here would be easy. My sister in law sews. She might wonder what I want with an 18" set of coverall though. Finding the right color would be rough.

They don't have to be the right color. That's where the dying comes in. :)

not being argumentative. just discussing. dabbled in making custom pieces but not to extent of producing them for others. just looking at it realistically. would you pay $1200 or more for custom, unlicensed myers pf? really enjoy franchise. not sure i would.

Well, I wasnt necessarily talking about making them for a broad audience...more or less a one off for their own collection. Then, upon posting pics, etc. they could field questions.

Now myself, I am afraid my big spending days are over due to being a victim of the present economy. Unless I am able to find a job, then I am never gonna have any expendable income... but I hear others are doing great and have lots of expendable income.

At any rate, the thread wasnt specifically designed to go the Michael only route. More of a "what are you surprised no customizer has tried yet" kind of thing.

Eventually someone will try a licensed Michael 18" of style figure, Im sure.

The one in the video is on ebay for $385.00

Im really surprised my lazzy ass hasnt gotten around to making my Red Skull PF a Kroenen(ish) PF by just makng a 1/4 scale helmet to put on him ... :monkey1

Working on it...I have posted this awhile back...Coveralls will be hand tailored. I halted production to finish up the other stuff.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhh!! Post pics here when done.:peace

It is a ways off, but here is a Photoshop doodle I done to see what pose I want, Arms down at the side, or this???:slap The base is not 100% that below yet...But I would like him on a Nice base.
mmmyerspf.jpg

Back