<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> DX11 JOKER 2.0 - OMG Photo Review - P1~2 <>

Hmmm, the laughing sculpt doesnt look like it turned out as good as the proto pics. maybe its just the photos. I prefer natural photos.
But for nearly $300 after shipping, i think ill be hanging on to my BR joker and V1/BR head joker hybrid.

Re: <> TDKR BANE - OMG Photo Review <>

Excellent photos? What camera are you using? A digital SLR camera?

I understand the comparisons to proto pics, but let's face it, nothing is going to be as good looking as the prototype. That thing is hand made and someone spent weeks creating it and detailing it. What we get is a fig made from a mold of the prototype that is used over and over a thousand times and then hand painted by some Chinese lady working for a dollar an hour in an unvented factory who has a quota to make at the end of the day or she gets sacked.

What we get is a fig made from a mold of the prototype that is used over and over a thousand times and then hand painted by some Chinese lady working for a dollar an hour in an unvented factory who has a quota to make at the end of the day or she gets sacked.

Willy-Wonka.jpg

:wink1:

:stick

Yah, i have no desire to customize. I buy officially licensed stuff, and keep them mint. Thats what I like. I dont see the need to make these 100% movie accurate because right off the bat 1:6 scale isnt movie accurate. However I do collect 1:1 scale Nolan Batman movie props, and those I like to have as close to movie accurate as possible. I understand why people strive for 100% movie accurate, but for me at 1:6 size I dont worry about it too much and i feel they get pretty darn close. Hot Toys does an amazing job at mass producing these figures. And thats the key, these are "mass produced". Several thousand. Really difficult to do what a lot of you guys want, like movie accurate weathering, when your mass producing thousands. If they did, the price would be more than double and people already complain about prices. Thats why custom artists can get $500+ for a custom figure, because its a lot of work.

thats my take on the hobby:)

I generally agree. When I customize stuff I don't really care about 100% accuracy, I modify it to look the way I want it to look, generally an idealized version. If I went for 100% accuracy I'd never be happy. I just like to tinker.

Yeah I rarely get involved with discussions about these things anymore, I get annoyed and other people get annoyed and it never turns out well.

I've taken to just enjoying my own collection, popping on and getting news, sharing the occasional opinion, and not really worrying about how everyone else enjoys their hobby. Things would be so much nicer if people would stop thinking everyone else should think the same way they do about their personal hobbies.

There's nothing wrong with modding or customizing. It's like someone buying a fast car, then suping it up to go even faster...at times, to even make it as close to the ones professional race car drivers use on the circuit.

1/6 is never going to be extremely accurate to the real deal, that goes without saying...but that's where the difference lies between a 1/6 scale figure and a 3/4 scale figure. With a bigger pallet you can get them damn close to accurate. Take the Keaton batman for example. That is what HT should strive for in every product that make hence forth...minus the pers access point, they dropped the ball on that one.

I love my figures stock, but there are times when you think, if HT did this for this character, why couldn't they have gone the extra mile for this one? Particularly for characters you like the most. I personally don't do mods often, but when I do, it's minor...JUST to get that little extra bit of accuracy. So far, the one figure I did THE most mods to is the dx12. First time sculpting eyelids, taking apart the armor to make the shoulder plates smaller, buying a KO Bruce sculpt to make an additional mouth piece for the cowl....now? I can't stop staring at the damn thing. It was a beauty when I received it, now it's stunning after the mods.

It's all a matter of personal preference at the end of the day.

To me, almost every single figure i have bought looks far better in person than in photographs, even with the best photos. Digital camera photos exaggerate a lot of details because they pick up too much detail at times, and obviously in person your eyes are not magnified like the close up shots you see.

Like DX12 Batman, having him in person was far more WOW than seeing any photos of him. Photos just didn't do him any justice. And like I said, I feel this way for most figures.

And to me, who cares what they look like photographed? Your looking at them on your shelf, not in photographs once you have them in hand.

So ill wait to pass real judgement until i see him in hand, but if I look at these photos, to me its the best looking Heath Joker done so far. I like this likeness far better than Enterbays. People who think DX1 is better....all I have to say is.....Good luck with all that...:lol

:exactly::goodpost:

Pretty decent. Not as good as EB's though which I know is not a fair comparison.

There's something about the mouth on the regular sculpt that's not right. He looks almost like he's doing a Zoolander. The coat is well off also. Looks too new and fluffy.

I'll probably pay the extra an go the 1/4 scale. This isn't bad though but the prices are too close.

Yeah I rarely get involved with discussions about these things anymore, I get annoyed and other people get annoyed and it never turns out well.

I've taken to just enjoying my own collection, popping on and getting news, sharing the occasional opinion, and not really worrying about how everyone else enjoys their hobby. Things would be so much nicer if people would stop thinking everyone else should think the same way they do about their personal hobbies.

This must be among the top comments I'd seen here on the freaksboard ever. Thank, Crow. :goodpost:

Once again the coat look nothing like the proto.. The material they used for the coat look so cheap and weird:gah: But maybe its just the lightning..

I had the EB for a split second and while it's a good fig, it's not without it's problems both QC and sculptwise.

Possibly. But for the extra cash for the bigger scale I think it's an easy choice for me.

I'm not really a fan of OMG's photo's either. Although I'm not sure if that's the photo's themselves or the products coming out these days.

Back