<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> DX11 JOKER 2.0 - OMG Photo Review - P1~2 <>

it's actually cleaner in the penthouse scene.

penthouse.png

he's too manic ~ i can't get a good screen shot. no, the coat is not perfectly "clean", but it does deteriorate throughout the movie.

Does Kato offer the choice on his custom coats? At his prices, I think he should.

not that I know of. Like I said, he made them all clean and left it up to the buyer to decide if they wanted to weather it themselve

it's actually cleaner in the penthouse scene.

penthouse.png

he's too manic ~ i can't get a good screen shot. no, the coat is not perfectly "clean", but it does deteriorate throughout the movie.

It ain't spotless like the DX coat or Kato's. It never is.
the-joker-the-joker-28950508-1600-1067.jpg

The quality of that image is horrible.
you're welcome. that's because mine is an actual screen shot, not an on the set shot.

it may be as dirty as the mob scene (and that looks to be true), but you can't see that detail on the actual film and i still prefer the option to weather to taste.

PO'ed October when I began collecting. This will be my first Nolan Joker and I think the set looks fantastic. Much like DX06 and DX08 I anticipate lifting a miniature Heath Ledger out of the box when released.

Thanks for the excellent photos OMG.

you're welcome. that's because mine is an actual screen shot, not an on the set shot.

it may be as dirty as the mob scene (and that looks to be true), but you can't see that detail on the actual film and i still prefer the option to weather to taste.

These are screencaps from the BR.

https://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/screencaps/albums/TheDarkKnightPart2/TheDarkKnight1341.jpg

https://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/screencaps/albums/TheDarkKnightPart2/TheDarkKnight1347.jpg

https://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/screencaps/albums/TheDarkKnightPart2/TheDarkKnight1380.jpg

https://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/screencaps/albums/TheDarkKnightPart2/TheDarkKnight1400.jpg

Problem is the 35mm scene transfers for the BR aren't that great, but you can still see how grimy the coat is.

Yeah, looks like he has crap on his suit to me.

These are screencaps from the BR

Problem is the 35mm scene transfers for the BR aren't that great, but you can still see how grimy the coat is.

thanks! i'm sorry to have posted like i actually cared (i really don't). but i do appreciate you taking time to make the clarification. and i don't mean that facetiously.

i don't own the blue ray. so obviously it makes a difference.

To me, almost every single figure i have bought looks far better in person than in photographs, even with the best photos. Digital camera photos exaggerate a lot of details because they pick up too much detail at times, and obviously in person your eyes are not magnified like the close up shots you see.

Like DX12 Batman, having him in person was far more WOW than seeing any photos of him. Photos just didn't do him any justice. And like I said, I feel this way for most figures.

And to me, who cares what they look like photographed? Your looking at them on your shelf, not in photographs once you have them in hand.

So ill wait to pass real judgement until i see him in hand, but if I look at these photos, to me its the best looking Heath Joker done so far. I like this likeness far better than Enterbays. People who think DX1 is better....all I have to say is.....Good luck with all that...:lol

:goodpost::exactly:

that's why once I get the sucker in hand, you see me a lot less in the thread. I go there for pics mostly and sometimes conversation. I haven't been in the DX10 thread since I got my little Arnie. Taking pics is fun and all but when I know I'm a crap photograper, I see no point in wasting the time :lol

To me, almost every single figure i have bought looks far better in person than in photographs, even with the best photos. Digital camera photos exaggerate a lot of details because they pick up too much detail at times, and obviously in person your eyes are not magnified like the close up shots you see.

Like DX12 Batman, having him in person was far more WOW than seeing any photos of him. Photos just didn't do him any justice. And like I said, I feel this way for most figures.

And to me, who cares what they look like photographed? Your looking at them on your shelf, not in photographs once you have them in hand.

So ill wait to pass real judgement until i see him in hand, but if I look at these photos, to me its the best looking Heath Joker done so far. I like this likeness far better than Enterbays. People who think DX1 is better....all I have to say is.....Good luck with all that...:lol

I agree with the vast majority of this, especially the part about things looking better in-hand. I'm one of the worst when it comes to *****ing about pictures then raving about something in-hand.

However, to someone with the customizing sickness, the pictures of this guy just put me right off. I've had to do enough to the DX12 to fix it to my liking, the prospect of having to do it again to the DX11 exhausts me just thinking about it. When I look at pictures of a figure and can immediately point out a dozen things I know I will have to fix lest they drive me crazy, I either get excited about doing it or I get annoyed by it. I was excited enough about the DX12 that I actually enjoy fixing it up. At this point, I've spent the better portion of 3 or 4 years painting, mixing and matching, and customizing every Joker figure they've put out to make them up to snuff. I'd have to do the same with this one, and the 4th go-round, I shouldn't have to. It's simple frustration that's keeping me from spending close to $300 on yet another fixer-upper.

That being said, for people without the disease of being customizers, it's easily the best effort we've seen yet. I'm just ****ing Jokered out, man.

:goodpost::exactly:
We see eye to eye on this!!!!
All HT figures in my experience look terrific in hand "actual size" Few and I mean FEW things can stand up to scrutiny blown up 10 times or more on close up photography like these forums. Certainly not mass produced toy figures.
It's amazing how good they do look blown up this big.....

I agree with the vast majority of this, especially the part about things looking better in-hand. I'm one of the worst when it comes to *****ing about pictures then raving about something in-hand.

However, to someone with the customizing sickness, the pictures of this guy just put me right off. I've had to do enough to the DX12 to fix it to my liking, the prospect of having to do it again to the DX11 exhausts me just thinking about it. When I look at pictures of a figure and can immediately point out a dozen things I know I will have to fix lest they drive me crazy, I either get excited about doing it or I get annoyed by it. I was excited enough about the DX12 that I actually enjoy fixing it up. At this point, I've spent the better portion of 3 or 4 years painting, mixing and matching, and customizing every Joker figure they've put out to make them up to snuff. I'd have to do the same with this one, and the 4th go-round, I shouldn't have to. It's simple frustration that's keeping me from spending close to $300 on yet another fixer-upper.

That being said, for people without the disease of being customizers, it's easily the best effort we've seen yet. I'm just ****ing Jokered out, man.
Yea this one I'm not looking forward to fixing up like I am with Bane. DX12 was like pulling teeth for me to fix honestly.

and I think most ppl are Jokered out. I know I am. I want this b/c I don't have one anymore but I'm tired of Ledger Joker to be honest. You however have the awesome EB 1/4 and your custom. I'd just grab the parts you may like on this one and be done with it instead of buying the entire figure if I was in your shoes.

Yeah, like I said in the other thread I'm most likely going to buy a PERS head on its own, repaint the parts I don't like and pop it on the Joker I've built over the years. I wasn't even planning on taking the laughing sculpt out of the box so if I can get the sculpt for a decent price I'll be good.

A big "thank you" once again to OMG for providing this great look at this figure.

Looks good...

Yah, i have no desire to customize. I buy officially licensed stuff, and keep them mint. Thats what I like. I dont see the need to make these 100% movie accurate because right off the bat 1:6 scale isnt movie accurate. However I do collect 1:1 scale Nolan Batman movie props, and those I like to have as close to movie accurate as possible. I understand why people strive for 100% movie accurate, but for me at 1:6 size I dont worry about it too much and i feel they get pretty darn close. Hot Toys does an amazing job at mass producing these figures. And thats the key, these are "mass produced". Several thousand. Really difficult to do what a lot of you guys want, like movie accurate weathering, when your mass producing thousands. If they did, the price would be more than double and people already complain about prices. Thats why custom artists can get $500+ for a custom figure, because its a lot of work.

thats my take on the hobby:)

:goodpost:
Well said.

Back