<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> Thor The Dark World - Loki - OMG Photo Review <>

Yikes. That head sculpt...that's some Hot Toys circa 2007 **** right there. In addition to the terrible likeness, the quality of the head itself looks like some kind of recast bootleg knock-off.

41765-Loki-uhh-burn-gif-DQ41.gif

I'm more ticked about him still having those goofy rubbery hands like the first Loki. Like most of their headsculpts, HT hands are always so realistically painted and textured, but Avengers Loki's are pink and cartoony and the seam is disappointing.

Avengers sculpt was much better. For the price, I'd rather pay more for Avengers Loki. Not even close. The Thor sculpt was perfect. What a shame the couldn't nail Loki. Outfit, tho, looks phenomenal. As long as everyone who ordered him is happy, that's all that matters. Personally, the hunt for an Avengers Loki continues....and grab the Aether loose :)

It's an ok sculpt. I don't think it's as bad as some are trying to say.

I wish I hadn't sold my Avengers Loki when they teased this one.

I was new to the hobby and ended up spending more on the Ebay for the Avengers version because I had to have a Loki. I kicked myself when I heard they were releasing a DW one. I forgave myself when I finally saw it...... :gah:

It's an ok sculpt. I don't think it's as bad as some are trying to say.

I wish I hadn't sold my Avengers Loki when they teased this one.

You should wait until the next version is actually released before you decide whether or not to sell the current one.

I think TDW Loki looks way more like Tom than Avengers.

Glad your happy with it :wink1:

Thanks!! Not as good as Avengers version but looks way better than I thought it would!! :) I'm happy with it now!!

P.S like the new sig/avatar combo! :hi5: Nice!

My problem is detail. If you look at The Avengers figure, you can see it has really defined cheekbones and such. TDW version has zero detail. It has features that are pretty good... but without detail, it looks like a toy. Compare it to TDW Thor, which has plenty of detail, and... yeah.

That's my problem. The headsculpt is a lot better than the proto, and it is growing on me...
But for the price, and compared to Thor, yeah no.

There are soft head sculpts and there are soft head sculpts.
This is marshmallow soft. And quite poor I might add.

:lecture

I'm actually pretty shocked at how soft it looks. He looks less like Bono now but man what a drop in texture (and paint?)

Hm...sculpt looks not good.
Waxy, soft, way less details then what we´re used too.
THAT, with ED...seems like HT is stepping down...

Outfit looks top notch though...

Agreed

Wow that comparison shot makes my gut clench. The quality seems so much better on avengers Loki, take the zipper/beads on his coat and that his chin is a completely different shape! Only thing I can think of is that Avengers "evil" Loki is more predator-like and angled whereas TDW "good guy" Loki is fuller from imprisonment. But explain the outfit because I'm baffled how they'd be ok with so much less detail
*EDIT* Seriously the beads on avengers loki literally shine

I don't get all the hate on this figure. The likeness is, in my humble opinion, far above the Avengers version (forehead too thin, hairline too low on the temples, nose too thin, and the brows are off). I get it that some of us don't want the Avengers figure to depreciate, but that's no reason to dismiss the merits of this release. If you love the V1, lovely, you just saved some money. But if you aren't moved by the headsculpt, the tailoring alone looks superior, far less bulk and no more Mardi Gras bead trim. I will agree it is too light on accessories. I really wish they had thrown in Odin's spear, or perhaps a crumbled throne (one can dream) to recreate that final scene... They already have the tooling for the sprear... but alas. Either way, I am pleased with the edited HS and look forward to putting him next to Thor in a couple months.

Nobody who owns the first Thor or Avengers Thor dismissed the new figures for any reason b/c those sculpts are an improvement from prior releases.

It has literally nothing to do with depreciation, the majority do not think the likeness is an improvement.

Head sculpt looks way better than before pictures but still prefer Avengers Loki.

I would buy it if I didn't have Avengers Loki but since I already do, I'm going to pass.

Wow that comparison shot makes my gut clench. The quality seems so much better on avengers Loki, take the zipper/beads on his coat and that his chin is a completely different shape! Only thing I can think of is that Avengers "evil" Loki is more predator-like and angled whereas TDW "good guy" Loki is fuller from imprisonment. But explain the outfit because I'm baffled how they'd be ok with so much less detail
*EDIT* Seriously the beads on avengers loki literally shine
Uhm no, I'd take this outfit over the Avengers version any day. I literally could not stand looking at those beads, they couldn't have been more off-model from the source material by going that route. :monkey4

Putting the head aside (which while soft, actually looks pretty decent in terms of likeness), TDW Loki's tailoring looks much better than the Avengers Loki especially those gold linings you're referring to. Not saying that this is more worth it than Avengers Loki (heck no), but it has some pretty notable positives over the Avengers version too which shouldn't be disregarded (specifically the outfit).

View attachment 121022I really don't know what people are seeing when they say this sculpt is awful. To me it looks just as good if not better than the Avengers version. And I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous, because I have the Avengers version too.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....308_849929625024663_5080039118328117707_n.jpg

I don't own the avengers one, but from this comparison, I think the new one is superior. But that is just one guy's opinion.

Back