<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> DX11 JOKER 2.0 - OMG Photo Review - P1~2 <>

I'm confused as to what Kato actually did with this figure then if it wasn't him that tailored the outfit?

I'm confused as to what Kato actually did with this figure then if it wasn't him that tailored the outfit?

He assisted HT and gave them the pattern to mass produce it.

He's not gonna be able to make thousands of shirts, coat etc all by himself :panic:

He's not gonna be able to make thousands of shirts, coat etc all by himself :panic:

Well obviously not but the way people were going on about his involvement I thought it would be bigger than just providing them with a template :dunno

Every figure gets "so many complaints." A few weeks/months later, all of the sudden, the figure is awesome.
Yep once ppl start getting this in hand it will be a whole different story. Ppl complained back and forth about the DX12 when the HK pics flowed in, but now, just about everyone who owns him seems to love it
Amazing to read all the complaining. Looks great and not enormously different than the proto. I guess some people are just never happy.
Yep you can't please everyone.
We got a whole bunch of hate for the DX10 compared to the original too. It's just the way it is.

Yep we did. And look at the DX10 thread now...even .P who constantly bashed the figure, bought it and loves it. Same thing is going to happen here. Just with stand the b******* and moaning until SS starts shipping them out

Well obviously not but the way people were going on about his involvement I thought it would be bigger than just providing them with a template :dunno
If I recall, I thought HT also said he was overseeing the production to make sure he liked how the mass produced product came out kind of like a QC checker in a way.

I wish people could stop complaining. Yeah it's $300 and for us in Europe it's even more. I don't care, everyone knew the price before and hadn't complained. The clothes look great, it's a Kato advised costume, Kato didn't go around and make a 1000,000,000+ Joker outfits. So of course that doesn't look like the prototype. And for the paint, of course hot toys are going to get their best painter and try their hardest on the one everyone was going to see. You cant perfectly match a paint app in this quantity. I really like this and cant wait, will be my favourite figure by far

What difference does it make if people complain? Do you like it? What else matters...it's your money.

If I recall, I thought HT also said he was overseeing the production to make sure he liked how the mass produced product came out kind of like a QC checker in a way.

That's more the kind of thing I had in mind as well :dunno

Kato's also not going to give away all his trade secrets. That would make him redundant and he'd lose his niche business. Unless hot toys wants to put him on salary. A high one at that.

Other than the "pimp coat" bulk the production piece seems to have taken on, the shirt collar and the tie are the only big giveaways that this isn't a Kato outfit, and I'm thinking those can all be futzed. Once I pop the sculpt I have in the works on there I'll be very happy indeed, and more importantly, done with Nolan Batman!

I really don't like the laughing sculpt, but the smirking looks pretty great in some shots.

Thanks for the pics, OMG. :hi5:

I wish people could stop complaining. Yeah it's $300 and for us in Europe it's even more. I don't care, everyone knew the price before and hadn't complained. The clothes look great, it's a Kato advised costume, Kato didn't go around and make a 1000,000,000+ Joker outfits. So of course that doesn't look like the prototype. And for the paint, of course hot toys are going to get their best painter and try their hardest on the one everyone was going to see. You cant perfectly match a paint app in this quantity. I really like this and cant wait, will be my favourite figure by far

The DX01 coat was also with Kato's involvement.. I really think the DX01 has a better coat. Except for maybe the orange lining, if it's orange this time.

Yeah, let's attack and laugh at the "complainers" that followed the pictorial release of this figure early this morning who expressed their sincere thoughts. Even the folks, like myself that had just a few criticisms. They don't know what they're talking about, clearly.

I noticed the felt looking, "bathrobe" mat over coat as well as the computer printed paint applications and it does bug me a bit. I don't see how anyone here could "laugh" at that complaint when it's as clear as day. I also know from experience that the figure will probably be better in person, I've stated that. I'm sure we'll be happier with this in hand, that doesn't mean the problems in the pics don't ring true though.

But nah, it's like most people in every thread just wants to have undying praise for things, especially outrageously priced toys and get mad when someone, anyone comes in and has even the smallest complaint. "Ah, there's a nitpicker, there's one of those complainers". It's annoying as ****, dare I say more irritating then those folks that pick apart everything about a toy and have nothing positive to say.

DX11 replace DX06 as the best DX so far ~ :panic::panic::panic:

For a factory worker in china who make like $300USD/month, the tailoring is superb.

That's high praise.

tumblr_lfjfhc40EZ1qb6rl5o1_500.jpg

I currently have the BR Joker head on the original Joker clothing with the DX01 overcoat and shirt and tie. I never bought the full DX01. I still like the look of the BR head, probably moreso than either of these heads. But I think the clothing looks better on the DX11 in every posible way. Not always perfect but certainly better than what has come before.

Now whether I get this figure whole OR buy parts to bash my own version is the only question. I still think i might use the BR head when all is said and done. I just like its grumpy attitude.

Last edited:

It's a great figure dont get me wrong, but prices are just insane, to me 300$ for this is almost as bad as the 330$ enterbay Han Solo.. (ok maybe not THAT bad) :lol

I feel figures going above 200$ need to be bloody perfect for them to justify the price. With this one, I don't even feel the headsculpt looks like him. He looks cool no doubt, but he doesn't look like Ledger..

Whereas the Bane headsculpt, even with the weird nose, looks just like Tom Hardy to me. :(

The DX01 coat was also with Kato's involvement.. I really think the DX01 has a better coat. Except for maybe the orange lining, if it's orange this time.

DX 01 was actually HaRue; not Kato.

And DX 01 is puffy and looks kinda 'floating'. This is definitely a major improvement compared to DX 01, IMO.

Only thing that was better from DX 01 was they actually weathered it, and add some dirt paint on it. While they didnt this time.

Not agreeing with everyone and everything in particular but, I think now that figures have reached an even crazier pricing range, especially those that are DX versions, they kind of lend themselves to more criticism and expectations.

That's just me though.

Not agreeing with everyone and everything in particular but, I think now that figures have reached an even crazier pricing range, especially those that are DX versions, they kind of lend themselves to more criticism and expectations.

That's just me though.

Cant really blame them. Considering these goes for 400-500 range on ebay as soon as they dried up like the previous versions. Of course HT wanna get some of that action as well. :lol

That's just me though.

This would be the only rational grounds for any criticism in my opinion too. The higher the price range the higher the expectation for "perfection"...which is ultimately and purely subjective by definition.

What is up with the laughing sculpts eyes? It looks like lumps of coal.

Joker was naughty for Christmas.

Back